Picking sides on RK2

Out of character discussions about anyting.
LT
Amateur
Amateur

Picking sides on RK2

Post by LT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:18 am

So I decided to roll an alt on RK2 for a change. Might be fun to play a new char from scratch - without hand-me-downs from older chars and whatnot ;).

Anyway, the question is - which side should I pick as a froob on RK2? Does either side have more highlevel froobs/froob orgs? I might never get to high levels (or even past subway levels :P) with this char, but if I do (and if I go through the token grind) I'd rather have picked the "right" side from the start ;).

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: Picking sides on RK2

Post by EDTA » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:06 am

I don't think there is anything special for a froob that's diffrent between the sides.
Tarasque is raided by both sides (and Neutrals together with Omni). The froob raid group (Tlfiveplus - see sig) welcomes all factions. And I'm sure you can find an org for all factions.

There is of course the differences between the factions such as certain items, being shot by the opposite side, side xp (depending on how much towers the side has at that moment), OOC/shopping chat channels and probably some stuff I don't think about now.
You can choose for the better items or side xp as some people do. But I would suggest one of the following reasons:

* You have friends on a certain side.

* You feel more comfortable with the ideas of a certain side: I would describe them as following:
-) Omni: You like to work for a big multinational (or rather multiplanetal) that tells you what to do and doesn't take it to strict with ethics.
-) Clan: You want to destroy the big multinational by all means, also unethical ones :P.
-) Neutral: You don't care about the conflict and love/hate everybody equally. As such you can trade with all sides and also kill all sides :D.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm

When I logged in a week or so ago, clan had 18% side xp and omni had 5% :o

oh and btw, now that I finally got my trader in your levelrange, don't go to Rk2 please... I hear people have 3 ears and 2 noses there. Please stay on Rk1 :D
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Neut!

:D

In all seriousness, all three sides have large, froob-friendly orgs. Also, I need to correct Edta here: As of June, clan raid bots (Tara, as well as SL raid bots) have been opened to neuts, so neuts go wherever they want to.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Saavick wrote:I hear people have 3 ears and 2 noses there.
Not our fault we just evolved faster then you!
Jondera1 wrote:Neut!
Of course!
Jondera1 wrote:Also, I need to correct Edta here: As of June, clan raid bots (Tara, as well as SL raid bots) have been opened to neuts, so neuts go wherever they want to.
Well, yeah I heard about that one. But I don't think it's happening yet. Most neutrals still have points with omni anyway. That is at least the main reason for me, and if I didn't had points with anyone, I simply wouldn't know.
Neutrals at both sides could cause a small mess because they don't tab each other though... :P
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

LT
Amateur
Amateur

Post by LT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

EDTA wrote:But I would suggest one of the following reasons:
Thanks for the suggestions, but neither of them really apply - I know noone on RK2 and I've always played omni even though IRL I'd be more likely to go neutral or smel.. I mean clan. Main reason for picking omni on another server would be that I know my way around... and main reason for picking clan would be that I don't ;). Therefore, the only thing I could think of that'd tip the scales was if the froob community was better on one side or the other.
Saavick wrote:Please stay on Rk1 :D
Don't worry. I'm not *leaving* RK1, just wanted something to do when I'm unable to find teams with either of my soldiers and get bored of camping dynas :).
Jondera1 wrote:Neut!
Ahh, no. Part of me actually likes the token grind... can't believe I just typed that! Only a small part mind you, most of me hates it.
Jondera1 wrote:In all seriousness, all three sides have large, froob-friendly orgs.
Thanks for *not* making it easier for me! ;)