Ever wanted to make a twink?

Out of character discussions about anyting.
Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Ever wanted to make a twink?

Post by Zirkonium » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 am

You can't expect the guy to pay for the whole twink. I guess 500 mil / twink is a bit high no matter how rich you are.

I've rolled a toon for this. It's 45 now. :)

Otrox
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Otrox » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:35 am

So for all that never been to BS. How is it...
Like me i think i signed up once on my mp , think he was like 140. Didn't get the hang of it.

For instance:
What am i supposed to do, just tabbin and try to kill first toon i find or,,
Should i try to defend some certain point?
How is the layout of BS?
Should i try to assist someone from same side in there, like teamin?
When i get killed dont remember what happened, do you spawn in BS or?
And how is the procedure to get to BS. think it took like 60 minutes for me the one time i tried.
Do i have to bother to signup if im not exactly the highest lvl that is allowed?
Whats the benefit from beeing in BS? Do froobs get anything, do paid toons get Victory points?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:14 am

Otrox wrote:So for all that never been to BS. How is it...
Like me i think i signed up once on my mp , think he was like 140. Didn't get the hang of it.

For instance:
What am i supposed to do, just tabbin and try to kill first toon i find or,,
Should i try to defend some certain point?
How is the layout of BS?
Should i try to assist someone from same side in there, like teamin?
When i get killed dont remember what happened, do you spawn in BS or?
And how is the procedure to get to BS. think it took like 60 minutes for me the one time i tried.
Do i have to bother to signup if im not exactly the highest lvl that is allowed?
Whats the benefit from beeing in BS? Do froobs get anything, do paid toons get Victory points?
Eh, I only know that you start in a decontamination room where all your buffs are gone and where you get health and nano so you can buff yourself an start with full health/nano. It was way too short time to buff imo. I also know that there is some thingy you can walk in if you want to leave BS. And if you leave BS it could cause a bad clan/omni ratio which cancels the game. That is the only BS experience I ever had :P (yes it was me that screwed it buy leaving :P)
I also know that it's a game between Clan and Omni: there is 3 (A,B, C) points to be 'capped' and the more cappoints your side holds, the faster your score rise. Killing each other might also affect the score. Once one of the sides reaches a certain score (500 points ?) the game ends: winner gets a lot of vp, loser only a bit. Froobs don't get vp.
When you die, you end up in the decontamination room again and can start over.
Neutrals can chose what side to join.
To get into BS: you sign up at the BS-thingy and when there is enough clan and omni (6/6) it can start and everybody gets a window that invites them to get into the BS.

There is some things you can do (though not all will be appreciated:
* Go afk and let other's farm vp for you
* Run around capping the cappoints
* Run around farming solo kills
* Stick in team to wtfpwn-zerg your opponents
* Defend some cappoint that belongs to you
* Some combination

Having the highest level for that BS is probably advised, and good twinking is even going to help more. Though you probably can have fun without this too. Best seems to stick in group unless you are uber sloob twink (and even those will often stay in group I think).
There is no real advantage for froobs except fun :). And maybe some epeen from pvp-titles :P.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 am

There's a guide to BS over here.

Froobs DO get Victory Points, but they don't do you any good unless you upgrade to LE. I did a couple rounds of TL2 BS with my froob advy, then upgraded at level 94, and started out with 370 VP.

In my experience (at TL2), winners usually get around 250 VP, and losers can get almost any number less than that, depending on how even the battle was. For example, if the two sides were evenly matched, and the winners only won by 50 points or so (of 500), then the winners might get 250 VP and the losers get 220. If it was horribly one-sided, with one faction holding all 4 caps for most of the time, then it might be 270 VP for the winners and 20-30 for the losers.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Otrox
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Otrox » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for the info.
Should give it a go anyway. Altho i think there will be many respawns during a battle. :)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks for correcting me regarding the vp :). Also, reading that guide i noticed 2 things:
-) apparently there is 4 cap-points (A,B,C and middle)
-) there is a freaking obvious "EXIT" sign above the exit I took :oops:
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm

im thinking of making a level 30 mp twink, i just wanna know if this "stimulus package" is for level 49 twinks only? ill be using this guy in BS often im sure (i already use my 25 trader very often although he isnt very effective against level 49's lol) maybe ill hit u up with a /tell