Best of the tl6 froobs (( PvM ))

Out of character discussions about anyting.
Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Best of the tl6 froobs (( PvM ))

Post by Tazer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:11 pm

This is a semi copy of the topic in the AnarchyOnline forums but since we can't post there.. :)
so far I have..

(note copy below and fill it in :) )

MP -
Adv -
Eng -
Soldier -
Fixer -
Agent -
Trader -
Doctor -
Enforcer -
Crat -
Ma -
Nt -
Last edited by Tazer on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Best of the tl6 froobs

Post by Bowgie » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Not sure what we mean by "best". Strongest? Easiest? Most fun?

Only have one TL6 toon, a pistol Adventy. Very survivable in PvM in a defensive sense. Weakness is a lack of offense that make taking on level 200 dyna bosses (the ones with LONG health bars) an exercise in fighting boredom as much as the monster. And that's with the optimal RoP/PoP pistol set-up.

A 1HE Adventy can be considered a separate profession because their set-up and strengths are so different than the pistol variety.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:17 am

This type of threads in the official forum usually seeks the best pvp-monkey.
For us, that would be whoever won the last pvp-tourneys.

Could be amusing to have a really exhausting list covering every interesting category.
Doc:
Best healer due to heal modifiers and experience
Best damage dealer
Best Nano-/Healdelta setup

and so on...
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 am

Bowgie wrote:Not sure what we mean by "best". Strongest? Easiest? Most fun?

Only have one TL6 toon, a pistol Adventy. Very survivable in PvM in a defensive sense. Weakness is a lack of offense that make taking on level 200 dyna bosses (the ones with LONG health bars) an exercise in fighting boredom as much as the monster. And that's with the optimal RoP/PoP pistol set-up.

A 1HE Adventy can be considered a separate profession because their set-up and strengths are so different than the pistol variety.

strongest
.:: : Tazerman 200 / 00 / 00 : Soli Engineer : Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi
.:: : Tazers 200 / 00 / 00 : Soli Agent : Squad Commander of Torchwood
.:: : Tazerdoc 200 / 00 / 00 : NM Doctor :

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 am

For doctors I would nominate Nathelet who unfortunately is not active anymore. He took the Gelid doctor setup to extremes. I don't remember any advy being able to OD him in raids anymore. When you combine good offense with Doc heals and UBT you also get great solo performance as a side effect. Evades, HP, AC, nano were weak points to some extend but Nath was always able to cover those with skill. In 95% of PvM situations Nath was the best doc to get the job done, remaining 5% would then be divided between Saavick and Lusto who went for extremes for defense and nano.

Strongest PvM advy is a melee setup, no question about that in my opinion. However I am not able to come up with any names who would have exceptional setup and skills. Imo used to be the best but he has not been around in ages.

Strongest MP is interesting question, Skull+shield MP is most likely the best template. Good for PvP and PvM depending on situation. However I never got to see fully twinked setup in action. For pure dps 2he setup is most likely the best.

For soldier I would nominate Carrion. I think that the RE setup is the best template and Carrion has pushed it further than others.

In addition to these that I have played myself I have seen so many enforcers in action that I can say my opinion on who is the best. Perhaps surprisingly I nominate Aintm and his EQB. Gorgin was the top tank of Froob200 but in my opinion he went too far with tanking setup and gave up more offense than enforcer should. Before doing that Gorgin was strong in PvP on his Chirop setup.
Last edited by Lusto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 am

I have never met nathelet but my vote would be on your doctor
mp will be a hard one because I haven't seen very many froob mps around
my thoughts were on carrion as well he's got a excellent setup but bodies was able to kill him
.:: : Tazerman 200 / 00 / 00 : Soli Engineer : Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 am

For Soldiers the PvM and PvP setups differ. Hellfury seems very strong weapon for PvP as it strips away most defenses. Without taking anything away from Bodies he was lucky in the tournament. He fought three of his matches against soldiers who didn't stand a chance after their TMS was cancelled. Carrion is best Soldier for PvM, but not for PvP. However also there he performs quite well.

My doc is very tough but someone who has no weapons can't be claimed to be strongest. It is extreme setup that has extreme performance in certain situations. (For example when dueling Engineers :)).
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am

rofl... :) your next duel will be my agent...working on my nsd currently >:)

that's true didn't think of that

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Best of the tl6 froobs (( PvM ))

Post by Lusto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 am

Lets throw in few nominations for other profs. However these are mostly old timers so fresh people are not well presented.

Engineer is interesting question, I would vote for MA engineer template. There two names stand out: Bliaha and Patriots. Bliaha went to extreme for DD and those few times I saw him in action I was really impressed. Patriots started by copying Bliaha but then took little different route and went for more defensive setup but was able to very strong soloing feats. Overall I would vote for Patriots due to the way he was able to do solo in IS. However I have not seen younger generation engineers in action much so someone might be able to outdo them.

For NT I would nominate Blutblume, consistently the top DD in Froob200 raids and also standing above other level 200 NTs by significant factor. Great use of calms, blinds and other parts of the NT tool set when needed. And I will never learn to know how BB was able to survive that IS raid where we killed Hezak for the first time. That raid had three teams: first would survive with team heal spam, second with max hp and team heals and third one I mentally sacrificed. That team survived just by their uberness and the leader of that team was BB.

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 pm

I don't know any of those people :(

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Not too many people stand out in my mind other than those mentioned, though a few do. I've no idea they're name/main, but it was a doc that was on one of the more recent hags run, the one where we switched tanks back and forth. Anyone remember that? It was a gelid doc, with some bio-dome armor that stood in and tanked for a bit, at times they seemed better off than the enf's. I seem to not be able to find a pic of that raid, but maybe someone else will remember it. I do know that they're main was a different alt, and they have several alts in f200. Best or not, I'd also like to mention/nominate my favorite enf I've seen, both for doing a great job, as well for not doing it as cookie cutter as it seems the majority have, pinoke. Before he was banned, I'd have nominated wilhelm for MA, he did better job than I've seen anyone else do, though both his actions and his use of s7 weapons would disqualify him.

edit: There is also an engi who's name also eludes me, that is able to solo van horn. He is the only one I've yet seen do so and should he be named, I nominate him. He should still be active.

more edits! jensenberg. Can't say how they compare to what is possible on a crat, but I can not think of anyone clearly stronger off hand, and the crat nominations are empty atm.

Also, I'm curious to hear about Gorgin, as my own enf is going for a very defensive setup and would like to hear how it did/didn't work. Does he still play?
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 am

mortem wrote:Before he was banned, I'd have nominated wilhelm for MA, he did better job than I've seen anyone else do, though both his actions and his use of s7 weapons would disqualify him.
Thank you mortem :) Indeed there was a ''gold fever'' when those s7 weapons we're out for grabs. But we all learn from our mistakes, and i hope by now i've washed my sins.
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 pm

In truth, I think even without the s7 weapons wilhelm would have been likely the best froob ma I've seen. He was also not the only person I saw in f200 using s7 weapons. I can think of 3 others just off hand that also did, and one that still has a set of pistols on an alt. I feel its more his shenanigans that got him kicked that disqualifies him.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 am

Wilhelm was a good ma when I saw him but he did have s7 weapons and he isn't in f200 anymore

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am

Tazer wrote:Wilhelm was a good ma when I saw him but he did have s7 weapons and he isn't in f200 anymore
That's me :P Anyways it's not that my MA was good, actually MA's in general are a good choice as froob. There are a few MA's out there that can push the setups to the limit however (Jens's MA for example), and i think that this thread should show those that pushed their power to the limit and achieved a goal that others couldn't (yet). Carr is one of them ofc, because he showed us that RE is quite viable even as froob. Another one would be Jens with his solitus HD enf. These are just a few of them but there are a buttload out there ;) Gotta find them all!
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.