Pistol specials cooldown

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Pistol specials cooldown

Post by keune » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:04 am

I have ~175 lvl pistolero advy (Nanomage) with dual DoWs. Recently I tried replacing 1 DoW with a RoP. Fling shot special cooldown changed from ~11 secs to ~40 secs. On full agg. With still wearing 1 DoW. Burst remained the same (~30 secs). Both specials skills are maxed. 11 and 40 sec difference is substantial so I quickly re-equipped the second DoW.
Hence the question: is the slower pistol cooldown (for Fling) always used? Is it of the last pistol equipped? Maybe there is a difference between left and right hand? Or maybe it is random? It did not seem random. I mean, is it possible to equip RoP but keep Fling shot cooldown of DoW? Hope this writing is understandable...

Info from aoitems:

Code: Select all

The Dog of War: Fling 1380 (7s), Burst 1300 (9s)
Reign of Patricia: Fling 4100 (7s) Burst 1275 (9s)

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Pistol specials cooldown

Post by Rain » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 pm

When having two weapons equipped, you always perform special attacks with your main-right hand.
The specials in the left hand are only used when not available to the weapon in your right hand.

DOW and Patricia have the same specials, so only your right hand weapon's specials are used.
I expect you equipped the Patricia in your right hand (thus using its specials) and did not notice the minor difference in burst recycle, while the fling recharge was very noticeable.

Equip the Patricia in your left hand and the Dog in your right. Your fling recycle should be at 11 secs as before.
Shame though, patricia can pull off some really nice bursts from time to time.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Pistol specials cooldown

Post by keune » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:30 am

Thanks, Jens, you are (as always) right :)