Can Froobs help orgmates get mothership?

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Can Froobs help orgmates get mothership?

Post by Llie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

I'm in a very froob friendly org, and I'm constantly looking for ways to be useful to my org as a froob. I have a question that I'm wondering if someone knew the answer to:

Can a froob who manages to get onto a general's hate list count towards helping expansion players get mothership invite after the ground raid?

I know froobs can't enter the mothership and that we can initiate random raids by topping off the CC. I know that it takes 4 players getting onto the alien general's hate list to cause those 4 players to get a mothership invite after the ground raid. Here's the situation I'm wondering:

Let's say I have 3 orgmates who want to do a city raid. If I come along and help, and manage to get onto the alien general's hate list, will I count as the 4th player resulting in my 3 orgmates getting a mothership invite after the ground raid ends? If so getting a froob or two to show up for a city raid might be useful.

Thanks.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Can Froobs help orgmates get mothership?

Post by Tarradax » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 am

You need a certain minimum of paid players for the mothership beam to "Activate" as it were but sure - You can do 3/3 split with fr00bs and expansion players to get a raid cleared quicker.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am

Tarradax wrote:You need a certain minimum of paid players for the mothership beam to "Activate" as it were but sure - You can do 3/3 split with fr00bs and expansion players to get a raid cleared quicker.
The minimum for the mothership beam to activate is 4 as Llie said (and I believe somebody told me the same during my last city raid). So the question is: do you know (with enough certainty) if all 4 people need to have expansions?

I don't know myself, though I expect that all 4 need expansions: the reason to have 4 people is probably to overcome the higher difficulty* of ship raids compared to ground raids.
* I'm not saying they are difficult, with the current OP state of at least some TL7 I expect it to be solo content for at least some profs.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

*tap tap* Is this thing on ?

Erm, nope, froobs dont count in the 4 minimum needed for ship invite.

Been ages since I ve posted here, so .... hi guys :)
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Weeping Willow wrote:*tap tap* Is this thing on ?

Erm, nope, froobs dont count in the 4 minimum needed for ship invite.

Been ages since I ve posted here, so .... hi guys :)
Yep, it's on, hi!
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dredd » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Yup- to confirm what's been said, you do need 4 paid accounts to get a ship invite.. As a side note- they don't need to be there for the whole ground raid. I've done raids with three toons and had an org member show up with a fourth just as we were fighting the general and we all get ship invites. I don't know the specifics but it seems that it does a check when the general dies. The four do have to be in teaming range of course...

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:25 am

I remember that any 4 would count towards a mothership invite - When we did city raids and needed filler someone would log their high-level fr00b alt/mule/whatever, fire a few shots at the general and then everyone (With AI) got a raid invite. Guess they changed that?
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link