Rebalance and Froobs

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Rebalance and Froobs

Post by Llie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 am

New Nano documents for are available for all but agents, I think its about time to start a discussion about how changes will affect froobs. Since froobs have an official voice now, it might be worthwhile for us to get together and understand how changes will effect us and consider what suggestions might be appropriate to prevent froobs from getting a massive collective nerfbat to the head.

For instance, changes to NT's are significant to froobs. Without cyberdecks, the new line of NT nukes take away all the "special effects" from all the current nukes. No more AC or AAO debuffs on nukes. Those happen if an NT "nano bursts", which can only happen if they have a cyberdeck. All NT nano costs are going up, but even with nano heals and a longer line of HEs, I predict that we'll be out of NP pretty quick without nano regen and nano genius perks.

Engineer's nanos will be based on tradeskills instead of nano skills, which is mostly a welcome change except for the fact that we will no longer be able to take advantage of the trick where we get Mocham's and then find a trader for a wrangle to get a maximum outside buff of +271 to MC/TS. Trader tradeskill buffs do not appear to stack with the new engineer tradeskils buffs. Expansion players are getting a few extra dogs to even out pets across levels, but it doesn't look like froobs are getting any of those benefits. Froob engineers might be better tradeskillers, but at a cost of lower QL bots across level ranges.

Other observations from other professions?

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Rebalance and Froobs

Post by Lusto » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 am

Doctors:

First thing is the change for doctor heals. LE used to heal 222.3 HPS but after this it heals 432 HPS. The complete heal used to heal 10k every 8s (1250 HPS) but that cool down seems to drop it to 10k every 20s (500 HPS). For normal teams and soloing doctors would get huge boost with this. But for raids things might get hairy. Nano cost for LE is increased more than its healing power but that should not be problem for high levels. Team heals seems to have big boosts too.

LC gives 2.6k hp, not 1.3k hp like it used.

The breaking init debuf line has been merged into the non-breaking one so there is one extra step between RP and UBT. Doctors lose one interesting but hard to use tool.

Str and Sta buffs become separate singe buffs.

Advies:

New self morphs for tank mode and healer mode, look really nice and as far as I can tell also froob friendly. In heal mode advies about heal as much as doctors. The tank mode is insane. It seems that morphs don't work as well with other buffs anymore, if I read the nano line change correctly.

Weapon buffs improved, includes big boosts for special attacks. But buffs don't seem to stack so main effect is that advies become more self-sufficient. EP from Engineer doesn't seem to stack anymore with advy pistol buff :(.

Advies get reflects and become real monsters in game!

Soldiers:

TMS has interesting change. TMS and normal reflection now stack but TMS is nerfed. The duration of TMS is now always 40s and RRFE + TMS is now 65%. Duration and reflection amount remain same on TMS Mk I - TMS Mk X and just the downtime is longer on lower levels.

Single taunts are improved a lot.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 am

For non-froobs, there's the org HQ tradeskills machine which is +160 to tradeskills. Plus 125 from trader. Plus the perkline with +20 to tradeskills per step. So, they are okay.

I guess froob engies could campaign for some reduction in the tradeskills required?
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 am

Generaly speaking, most changes have been thought with TL7 Raid and TL7 PvP in mind...

So, froobs have been left out... so are lower levels PvPers...

sad

small exception, lowbie traders have been adressed...
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 am

Generaly speaking, most changes have been thought with TL7 Raid and TL7 PvP in mind...

So, froobs have been left out... so are lower levels PvPers...

sad

small exception, lowbie traders have been adressed...
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

There is 2 other major changes that haven't been mentioned yet, which severely affect froob raiding, especially HI:

- Engi-blinds: gone or heavily nerfed! --> If we pull a few eremites at once from a late wave, thank might go squish.
- NSD: Only lasts 7 sec, followed by 21 sec immunity to NSD. --> Everybody dies since Champions will be able to nuke. (Also problem for Hezak I suppose)
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Homestar
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Homestar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Guessing the Engineer tradeskill buffs not stacking with Trader buffs is meant to discourage or outright eliminate froobs from having high level bots at lower levels.

Seeing how a majority of these changes moreso benefit expansion players, this whole overhaul could be seen as one big thing meant to encourage people to go from froob to pay, barring some sort of secret plan to expand froob content.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 am

I enjoy having a mix of paid and free toons. It adds a lot to the game for me to be able to duel-log my froob toons, but I would feel guilty if I didn't have any paid toons. YMMV.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 am

Homestar wrote:Guessing the Engineer tradeskill buffs not stacking with Trader buffs is meant to discourage or outright eliminate froobs from having high level bots at lower levels.

Seeing how a majority of these changes moreso benefit expansion players, this whole overhaul could be seen as one big thing meant to encourage people to go from froob to pay, barring some sort of secret plan to expand froob content.
I don't think it's that really. They are simply balancing merely with TL7 in mind. Lower levels and froobs just get the collateral damage. And btw: paid players are also getting quite some nerfs.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 am

EDTA wrote:
Homestar wrote:Guessing the Engineer tradeskill buffs not stacking with Trader buffs is meant to discourage or outright eliminate froobs from having high level bots at lower levels.

I don't think it's that really. They are simply balancing merely with TL7 in mind. Lower levels and froobs just get the collateral damage. And btw: paid players are also getting quite some nerfs.
To be honest I find the engineer change very welcome. Engineers have been way too over powerful for low level boss-killing pvm.

Similar way the trader drains have been taken some damage so perhaps traders won't dominate lower levels as much. But as the CL buff still remains then I guess there is no hope on this front.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:34 am

It seems to me that the engineer nanoskill/tradeskill thing is meant as a way for engineers to actually bother raising tradeskills - Highlevel paid players won't really be that affected because Arith armor adds both nanoskills and tradeskills anyway so Officer/Scout armor is still going to be in play.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:09 pm

I guess if they made cyberdecks shop buyable, then froob NTs wouldn't be so heavily nerfed after the "rebalance".
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 am

Briandmg wrote:I guess if they made cyberdecks shop buyable, then froob NTs wouldn't be so heavily nerfed after the "rebalance".
Keep your Ithaca, you pwn with it :)

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Briandmg wrote:I guess if they made cyberdecks shop buyable, then froob NTs wouldn't be so heavily nerfed after the "rebalance".
Not likely. There is a hint of a possibility of a froobable cyberdeck for the first 1 or 2 levels of nano burst, but that's just barely acknowledge by Kintaii, so I'm not holding my breath. If they do introduce a NT cyberdeck it will probably involve some long tedious quest line like the specialization quests for the real cyberdeck.

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Goran Gora » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 am

Lusto wrote: To be honest I find the engineer change very welcome. Engineers have been way too over powerful for low level boss-killing pvm.

Similar way the trader drains have been taken some damage so perhaps traders won't dominate lower levels as much. But as the CL buff still remains then I guess there is no hope on this front.
hard to say that engineers with money will have lower bot. just made little setup for totw engi with just imped mm/ee ( irc these skills needed for bot ) and 3x funneling helpers and total number on setup was about 110 higher then good mc/ts twink, altough wrangle.. mochies almost cover MM/EE buffs and as you have higher skils from your eqiup that nearly covers wrangle. final resoult might be lower bot but you can walk around selfed with higher bot
Good, old patriots! :)