UI enhancement requests

Please put all suggestions or requests for help regarding the AOFroobs website here.
WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

UI enhancement requests

Post by WorldTrader » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:35 am

While the site looks better, I feel it has lost some usability. Some things should get "fixed" to increase user experience and user flow interaction in the forums.

- SUBMIT BUTTON. With the inclusion of the large smiles section, the Submit button set falls under below the viewable display space on many resolutions. I suggest putting the submit button set towards the top of the posting page....or adjusting the display/layout of the smileys so the Submit Button set doesn't sit so low on the page.

- SPECIAL NAVIGATION. The special navigation links: View Unanswered Posts, View New Posts, etc aren't as readily available as they were before. If possible this should be global tertiary navigation aids...that should have equal weight as the SEARCH feature.

- SEARCH feature. This should have a uniform look across all display configurations. At the moment sometimes it's a link, sometimes its a button. Search should be instantly recognizable in one visual language so users can identify and use it quickly.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: UI enhancement requests

Post by Tarradax » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:37 am

Submit: The smilies been fixed, the list was shortened, the "Submit" button is no longer MIA.

Special Nav: Yes please.

Search: This is odd, it's always a "Search" box with "Advanced Search" as a hyperlink. Maybe I'm missing your meaning here?
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Post by C++ This! » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:57 pm

One thing that sticks out for me is the Gallery seems to have lost all of its comments plus the ability to add new ones. Kind of a shame, since some of the pics need some additional info to explain them...

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:40 am

C++ This! wrote:One thing that sticks out for me is the Gallery seems to have lost all of its comments plus the ability to add new ones. Kind of a shame, since some of the pics need some additional info to explain them...
I concur. Comments on the pictures is nice to see what pictures are good or not. Also, I have been getting some screenshots lately that I have been wanting to post, but cannot do so, as I don't know how to submit them. And the captions missing is a major downer :(
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."