Looking for a list of rollable weapons

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Afterburner
Amateur
Amateur

Looking for a list of rollable weapons

Post by Afterburner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:46 am

Upgrading from your n00b weapon is hard if you don't know what's out there that you can get without help.

I am specifically wondering if support beams are rollable, but would appreciate more general info. All the online databases list rollable nanos, but none list rollable weapons.
The AB and shodan Comedy Hour -- Humorous excerpts from a 10-year conversation between two goofballs, mostly about video games.
--
"D*mmit, stop having fun with AO!" --shodan

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Looking for a list of rollable weapons

Post by Randomchance » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:46 am

Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Afterburner
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Afterburner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 am

Randomchance wrote:Ask and ye shall recieve
Good lord, what an obnoxiously preachy page. I jumped through a few of the guy's hoops to view the page, and still can't get full functionality out of it. Shame, because it looks exactly like what I'm looking for.

Thanks anyways.
The AB and shodan Comedy Hour -- Humorous excerpts from a 10-year conversation between two goofballs, mostly about video games.
--

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am

The answer is yes: click.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Afterburner
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Afterburner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 am

EDTA wrote:The answer is yes: click.
That's the same link as above.

Guy doesn't want me using adblocker. Okay, I think that's my business and not his, but okay. So I load up IE (which I never use except when I need to view a FireFox-hostile or AdBlock-hostile website), and his page tells me I can't use the query more than 4 times a day from the same IP address unless I enable referrers.

Well, as far as I know, referrers are enabled in my copy of MSIE because I never bothered to disable them. But the page still tells me that I'm on restricted queries because my referrers are disabled. But he's got a link that tells me how to Make It Go(tm). So I go to the link and follow all the steps to Make It Go(tm). And I'm still on restricted queries, because the steps don't work.

And that's pretty much all the effort I'm willing to put into viewing that page.
--

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:16 am

arpa3.net is really the site you want to use, but if you don't want to disable adblock for it, you can also use http://www.auno.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (or http://www.xyphos.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):

Search for the weapon you are interested in, such as for example a Support beam.
Click on the result you want to see, for example Ql61 Blunt Support Beam.
The patch number the weapon (or any item in general) was introduced can tell a lot about it. Our Ql61 Blunt Support Beam lists Patch 11.0 11.4 13.9.1 15.0.1.
This means the item was introduced with patch 11.0 and modified for whatever reason in any of the later patches. In general, items that aren't nodrop and were introduced before patch 14.0 are rollable. Non-nodrop weapons introduced with later patches such as 14.2.1 or 14.9, are often dyna loot.

This method won't always work, it helps to have some knowledge on which patch changed what if you want to use this. For example the Manex Catastrophe December is from before patch 14.0 and was indeed initially rollable, but was at some point changed to dyna-loot by funcom. It's a viable alternative if you don't want to use arpa3.net though :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Afterburner
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Afterburner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:21 am

Saavick wrote:arpa3.net is really the site you want to use, but if you don't want to disable adblock for it...
But I did! That's why it's annoying. I did everything the page asked me to do, and I still can't get unrestricted access.

Saavick wrote:Search for the weapon you are interested in, such as for example a Support beam.
Click on the result you want to see, for example Ql61 Blunt Support Beam.
The patch number the weapon (or any item in general) was introduced can tell a lot about it. Our Ql61 Blunt Support Beam lists Patch 11.0 11.4 13.9.1 15.0.1.
This means the item was introduced with patch 11.0 and modified for whatever reason in any of the later patches. In general, items that aren't nodrop and were introduced before patch 14.0 are rollable. Non-nodrop weapons introduced with later patches such as 14.2.1 or 14.9, are often dyna loot.
Oo, good to know. Thanks!
--

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am

Afterburner wrote:
Saavick wrote:arpa3.net is really the site you want to use, but if you don't want to disable adblock for it...
But I did! That's why it's annoying. I did everything the page asked me to do, and I still can't get unrestricted access.
Honestly, that's kinda wierd.

I went into my adblocker preferences and told it to allow just a single source string for google ads, and can use the site just fine. The ads don't even actually show up - but by including that one (it was the most commonly called google advert source) exception, the site works for me.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Afterburner
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Afterburner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:33 am

Jondera1 wrote:Honestly, that's kinda wierd.

I went into my adblocker preferences and told it to allow just a single source string for google ads, and can use the site just fine.
The browser I used to view the page is MSIE. You can't install AdBlocker in MSIE even if you wanted to. AdBlocker is a Firefox-only product.

I can get access to the search thingy. I just can't get unlimited use like it says I can. It tells me that I can only do 4 searches in a day. It tells me that I could perform unlimited searches if I enable a feature which, as far as I am aware, is already enabled. It tells me that if that follow certain steps, I will enable the feature in the event that it is disabled. I followed those steps, and I still have limited searches per day.

I mean, it's not that big a deal. I wouldn't have even given it a 2nd thought if not for the accompanying lecture about what a bad person I am for using ad-blocking software.
--

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Afterburner wrote:
EDTA wrote:The answer is yes: click.
That's the same link as above.
It is if the site doesn't work:P. Difference is that my link directs you to a page that already displays the results :).

Strange thing with google chrome: first time I visit arpa3 it gives the error, but if I just go there again the error is gone.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Yeah, that website is a bit of a whore but there is a lot of info there if she lets you in. The other alternative is to look at comments on auno, as often there is a where-to-get-it post.
Froob Configurations

JungleGeorge
Flagged
Flagged

Post by JungleGeorge » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Another option is to look at published Blitz lists for weapons

Teh Guide to Earning Creds Beyond Your Wildest Dreams by flyingengi - AO Froobs
Short Blitz List and prices by hahnsoo - AO Froobs
Blitz List by Accomplice - AO Froobs
Master Blitz List v2 by Slyz - Official Forum
Master Blitz List v2 - AO Universe
Rimor (RK2)
JungleGeorge - Adventurer
SniperGeorge - Agent
BigGeorge - Enforcer
PetmanBob - MP level 60
TraderJoe000 - Trader

Tip: Macro used to generate assist macro with targeted character name.
/macro GenAssist /macro Assist /assist %t

Favorite AO Links

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:38 am

Arpa3.net is a horrible site that should not be viewed by anyone, ever. Honestly, I've never needed anything more than auno - It's enough to tell you if an item is rollable or not.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:43 am

Tarradax wrote:Arpa3.net is a horrible site that should not be viewed by anyone, ever. Honestly, I've never needed anything more than auno - It's enough to tell you if an item is rollable or not.
There is a lot of material there if you can get past the adblock hating scripts. Then again, I didnt find it any more trouble to view than working around the horrible themes-and-avatar-on-the-right as found on another AO site with content worth looking at.
Froob Configurations

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 am

Randomchance wrote:I didnt find it any more trouble to view than working around the horrible themes-and-avatar-on-the-right as found on another AO site with content worth looking at.
I miss the old theme too, please don't hurt me Snarf :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier