Clicksaver Guide for "Dummies" (Incomplete/Lacking

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
zellyenn
Hardened
Hardened

Post by zellyenn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 am

if this was bad it woulda been banned already :P

clicksaver saves time. it is hard to imagine anyone going thru missions without them >.<

Tradgard
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Tradgard » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:05 am

Don't get me wrong anybody, please. I'm not saying it's bad. What I'm saying is that it's a totally different game without the clicksaver. Trust me, I played 2 years without it. It's not the same game at all.

Now when I finally installed it, I feel pretty ambigous about it. On the other hand I could say I'm proud I got this far without using it, while on the other hand I could say that if I had been smart enough to get it earlier, I'd be lvl 200 by now. Someone might even say it's plain stupid to do things the hard way.

But in the end it's all just a question of perspective. And a question of your gaming preferences, of course. Since I'm only developing 1 character and not a paying subscriber, I'm not really in a hurry to get anywhere.

Either way, I don't really mind. The experience so far has been rewarding, and I suppose I'll learn to appreciate the easiness of finding items in the future.

MrAce
Flagged
Flagged

Post by MrAce » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:20 am

Installed it in the AO folder, like it directed me to....now I cannot find the directory in the AO folder.

If I try to re-install it, it says it failed or cannot find a local database. Is there a possible solution to this?

Hiel
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Hiel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:09 am

Using Vista?

MrAce
Flagged
Flagged

Post by MrAce » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:13 am

Nope. CS did get installed successfully into the PC, but the problem was: I couldn't find it in any directory. Then when I tried to install it again....it just doesn't work.

I think the dilemma for this problematic issue, is to re-install AO again, which I'am currently doing.

Tradgard
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Tradgard » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:01 am

Remember to use the full client, it won't work with the small client, so I've heard.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 am

Tradgard wrote:Remember to use the full client, it won't work with the small client, so I've heard.
nonsense; Click Saver works quite good with small client ...
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

MrAce
Flagged
Flagged

Post by MrAce » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Tradgard wrote:Remember to use the full client, it won't work with the small client, so I've heard.
The clicksaver worked with the small client. But the catch is, once I close it down....I cannot open it up again, since I could not find it's location in the AO directory.

Some assistance here?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:15 pm

I don't exactly get your problem. You have installed a 3rd party program and cant find where you have installed it to?
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:35 pm

i think what Mr.ace means is:

when you first start clicksaver it asks you where your ao directory is, and compiles a database (or something along those lines) And it should only do it once, but is doing it every time he starts it up, i had this problem too, so i used a ready made database of which theres a link to on these forums somewhere, that seemed to fix it for me, will try and find a link later
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:34 am

remember that you have to build the database with AO closed and without launching AO during the building ...

otherwise, it can corrupt the DB, and you may have to reinstall CS.
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Baztard0
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Baztard0 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:44 am

I can't get it to install. When I try to extract it, I get an error message for every file. When I manually move it from the RAR file to the AO directory, It will move, but there's no CS.exe file.
And yar, matey, I be usin' Vista. Yarrrrr... :cry:

-------------
Throw it all away...

-Slayer/D.I. "Richard Hung Himself"

suineg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suineg » Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 pm

I am running vista and clicksaver just fine.

It sounds like your rar file is corrupt is the issue.

Vorph
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vorph » Thu May 29, 2008 3:52 am

I would definitely recommend using the 2.4.3 beta version from arpa3.net (link) too.

Download the release package of 2.4.2, then apply the beta on top of it. Multiple mission auto-accept is a godsend, as are the mql/rql tags.

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Clicksaver Guide for "Dummies" (Incomplete/Lacking

Post by hybridyak » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Long time since there was need to discuss Clicksaver, but worth keeping it in the one place.

It seems like you can use item Id's listed in the LastSettings.cs file to roll for implants that already contain the exact cluster configuration you desire.
Has anyone had success with this method and more importantly, can it be used to roll Refined implants with the desired configuration?
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]