Clicksaver Guide for "Dummies" (Incomplete/Lacking

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Yurdle
Seasoned
Seasoned

Clicksaver Guide for "Dummies" (Incomplete/Lacking

Post by Yurdle » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:54 pm

Clicksaver Guide for Newbies

By Yurdle

That's right, it's everyone's favourite turtle making another guide! This time it's a Clicksaver guide for people who are new to using it!

Still to come...
-Buying Agent
-Using Clicksaver
-Random bits of tips on blitzing
-Some other stuff I probably didn't put up here
Edit: Uh...EVERYTHING?

First, let's do a little bit of Q and A, shall we?

What is Clicksaver?

Clicksaver is a third (3rd) party program for AO. A 3rd party program is a program made from people that are not part of the company, in this case, it was made by people who are not Funcom people. So if you got some issues, e-mailing Funcom is NOT a good idea.

Clicksaver is a simple but very cool program for AO that allows players to quickly sort through mission details when using the mission terminal. It features VERY easy-to-use interfaces and features. Some of it's features are VERY useful, such as automatically clicking for you (!!) (hence, the name) to request missions for a certain amount of time (that you specify) until it finds something that matches your search queries (like items), or until the specific amount of times that you entered is finished.

Where/How can I download Clicksaver?

I downloaded mines from this site:
http://www.halorn.com/clicksaver.html

The above site also has a few other 3rd party programs which may interest you, but of course, we're all about the Clicksaver right now.

When Should I get Clicksaver?

RIGHT NOW!! Unless you really hate using mission terminals, Clicksaver is EXTREMELY useful, even if you're not after items or anything. The reason is that it makes it so much easier to look at mission details and what the mission's rewards are. You never know if you find a mission that has an item you've never heard of, and could be useful to you. And besides, it's really slow to shift + left click every single mission that pops up to see what it has.

Why Should I get Clicksaver?

The real question should be, why not? Clicksaver makes life a lot easier, and best of all, IT'S FREE TO DOWNLOAD, and I'm 99.99% sure it does not contain viruses or anything.

Alright, let's get the party started!

Download + Installation (eh?)

MAKE SURE AO is closed/not on before you do all this!

First, download and install Clicksaver. I recommend installing it in your AO folder (e.g, C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online). I'm not sure if it's required, but let's try not to take any risks now, eh? Anyways, Clicksaver downloads WITHOUT the AO's database (Dude, AO's item database is HUGE! If it did, it would take a long time to download Clicksaver), so once it's installed, open it up and you will have to update it by continuing or something. This may take a while....

A few/several minutes later...

Oh, you're back. Alright, it finished! Now, let's move on.

Setup + Configuration

REMEMBER: OPEN CLICKSAVER BEFORE opening/playing AO. This is NOT required, but any new updates Clicksaver gets will not take place until the next time you log in to AO. Since you updated before logging in, that counts as your "next time".

ALSO! It is GREATLY helpful to play AO in windowed instead of full screen mode when using Clicksaver. Although it's not fully required, it's so much easier because Clicksaver can pop up and be minimized while playing AO. If you're on full screen, it's painful because you have to keep using Alt + Tab. Just use the windowed version to save you the frustration, okay?

Alright, now that we got Clicksaver, you need to set up its stuff so you can get back to mission hunting! Luckily, Clicksaver is very easy, so it shouldn't be too hard to get through this. Let's take a look.

Clicksaver has 7 tabs. From left to right they are:

Missions
Items
Locations
Types
Values
Sliders
Options

Missions

The Missions tab contains the summary of the missions you request. When it's blank, it obviously means you haven't requested any missions from the terminals yet. Here's what it could look like when you do:

Pretty cool huh? As soon as you request missions from the mission terminal, the boxes will be filled with the mission details. The location, mission type, item reward, exp reward, credit reward, value of the item if sold to a store (keep in mind that there are items that are MUCH MORE worth to players, and these values can be inaccurate), and the total of the value + mission credits reward (credit reward + value). Also, the picture of the item is shown too, which is really, really, awesome.

If the words are highlighted in red, it means something matches with the search queries of Clicksaver. It can be location, items, or mission types.

Items

The item tabs allows you to add/remove item names that are used in Clicksaver. Clicksaver will use these items (if specified to use them) in it's search queries, and will have a pop-up if it finds any of the items on this list, whether you're using buying agent (more on this later), or manually clicking.

Now that you're done looking at the funny/random items I have on my Clicksaver, let's explain a bit more. When you click add, a white box appears and you can type the names in. However, Clicksaver is extremely picky, and you must type the EXACT SAME name as the item. To be risk-free, I highly reccommend you use Auno, search up the item, and copy/paste the item name from the site to your Clicksaver. The site is http://auno.org/

To edit an existing item, simply double left click the name of whatever and the white box will appear again, allowing you to type whatever. Removing is simple, just highlight the ones you want and click the remove button.

Locations

This one is almost self explanatory. You simply type in the locations of any place you want in AO and it will be in your search queries. Like items, Clicksaver is picky and you have to type in the exact same name. I'm not sure if capital letters count, but just do it anyways. Unfortunately, an item site like Auno can't help you on this one, so just try to find out how to spell it. Luckily, most of the names are pretty easy to spell.

EDIT: Haha, almost a full year later after quitting AO. I wonder if I'll ever get back into AO in the future...who knows...I did a minor update and fixed some grammar/spelling errors.
Last edited by Yurdle on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's me, Yurdle the Turtle! But who cares, the real problem are the endangered turtles/tortoises:

http://www.cccturtle.org/

<<Stopped playing AO for more than a year now...I don't have plans on coming back, but around summer...maybe I'll come back..who knows...and maybe I'll fix/update my guides too!>>

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:31 pm

Don't forget the "Match in Buying Agent"-checkbox. Every tab has such a checkbox to enable this specific tab for the search. This is probably the most often done error, leading to things like ClickSaver complaining about not being able to find anything with the current configuration etc.pp.

You don't need the exact name, you need a substring of the exact name, preferably a unique substring (substring is a snippet of the complete name, e.g. "str" matches on "string" as well as "strength").

Another thing useful for blitzing is the tab about the types of missions. You should disable killing missions there and enable the tab then with the "Match in Buying Agent"-checkbox.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:19 am

Nice job.

"Why should you use Clicksaver" ?
--- It's the best way to find your items. It can nearly completely replace the shops, and for most high QL items, the shops are useless. Run a mission, get exp, get a needed item, get more creds. Clicksaver can keep you from being ripped off, are you a clanner that paid 300k for a Med-Suit? Could have gotten it, experience, and some creds, with Clicksaver instead. Reading those guides about some neat item? Add it to Clicksaver and have it now. It simply empowers the player, anyone that tells you that clicksaver takes too much time is playing you for a sucker.
Adios, thanks for the fish

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:24 am

Sferykal wrote:You should disable killing missions there and enable the tab then with the "Match in Buying Agent"-checkbox.
The reasoning for this?? You are looking for a very rare item and you are skipping checking some of the missions? Big deal, you might not get a token if you kill early. This is some fixer thinking when pulling a mission that is too hard for them with their smash and grab tactics, otherwise it's not a good idea. I pull higher level missions, but then I get the mobs to beat each other to death too, so I don't have the fixer leveling problem.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 am

Ferengi wrote:
Sferykal wrote:You should disable killing missions there and enable the tab then with the "Match in Buying Agent"-checkbox.
The reasoning for this??
Blitzing. If you are able to handle the mobs inside the mission, then sure, include the killing missions. I want to see you doing a mission for a QL 200 item as a level 112 doc, for example :P So well, here, for you:

If you plan to blitz for items, and for sure cannot handle the mobs in the mission(s), disable the killing missions while you roll for you items. Alternatively, you can roll even killing missions no matter what and bug other players to help you doing it ...

Yurdle
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Yurdle » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:45 am

Can someone sticky this guide? I'll finish it soon, right now I want to play. *Goes back to relentless elminating the Leets species in the backyards for a notum chip/fragment*
It's me, Yurdle the Turtle! But who cares, the real problem are the endangered turtles/tortoises:

<<Stopped playing AO for more than a year now...I don't have plans on coming back, but around summer...maybe I'll come back..who knows...and maybe I'll fix/update my guides too!>>

Boinky
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Boinky » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:56 am

I've run CS many thousands of times and never yet found a mission for "TURTLES AND TURTLES AND TURTLES" :roll:

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 am

I've only found them as "Turtle Stew" or "Turtle Soup"... Must be something wrong with my clicksaver.

A couple notes here:
First, even though clicksaver can be used for the purpose of getting you nanos and items that you may actually need, it's also handy (Especially at higher levels) to blitz shopfood items, like animas and battle suits, that have roughly zero practical use but sell to the shop terminals for some nice chunks of change. With a little practice you can be bringing in 8 digits an hour... Make sure you've a good trader friend.
Second, and this only applies to fixers: It is in your best interests to roll for "Find item" mishes, since it doubles your chances of hitting the item you want (Retrieve item works as well, but is more annoying). HOWEVER! Keep in mind that if the item you need is not your mish reward but your objective (As in, the item you'll find on the ground in the mish) it will be a certain percentage of a higher QL than the mish is - The reason here is tied to the extra % QL we get added to all items found inside mishes, as a factor of our base B&E skill - The important thing is that if you're blitzing a suit of armor, make sure you get the QL you wanted. This especially applies to making twinks, that sometimes need an exact QL, and not a single point above.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Yurdle wrote:*Goes back to relentless elminating the Leets species in the backyards for a notum chip/fragment*
Go back to Noob Island. Lots of QL1 notum drops there (when notum drops) just at the initial beach area. QL1 notum will work in any tradeskill, since QL1 is for specials. Noob Island is better, since the drops are nerfed.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:49 pm

Sferykal wrote:I want to see you doing a mission for a QL 200 item as a level 112 doc, for example :P.
Not as a doc, not me. Crat. BIG difference.

My first try was 80% missions, when I get the replacement crat up to similiar levels, I'll see if I can push that to 100% with full clears.

P.S. nanomage just might be too squishy for some profs.....even if my nanomage Enforcer did kill some Subway boss with a little help from a trox MA...hehehe

Yurdle
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Yurdle » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:31 pm

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I have been quite busy (I'm not that good at doing homework fast, and I have other things), so I won't be updating any of my guides for a long time.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:36 pm

Ferengi wrote:
Sferykal wrote:I want to see you doing a mission for a QL 200 item as a level 112 doc, for example :P.
Not as a doc, not me. Crat. BIG difference.

At that sort of level - go for MP. With Cacodemon should sail through lvl 200 missions.

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:10 pm

How about Clicksaver and Linux? Is there any way to make them work together? I've tried and tried and tried without any kind of success.
Searching the AO forums didn't do any good either. The only messages mentioning Linux and Clicksaver on same sentence where those that said it didn't work.

Of course I *could* use VMWare to create a virtual Windows machine on top of my Linux system, then install AO there and run clicksaver on it. even with my killer machine (yeah, right) I can't run Linux, Windows, and AO at the same time very effectively. I could use it to get me some missions and then go back to playing AO on Linux when I've gotten the mission(s). Doesn't sound too good an approach for me though.

How bout compiling Clicksaver for Linux using the source code from the clicksaver website? Anyone up for it? I know I'm not.

Sanyiiiii
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sanyiiiii » Thu May 11, 2006 4:29 am

Hi!
Clicksaver is only pulling one mish fom me (it is set to 999), why is that? someone please help!

Pypetu
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pypetu » Thu May 11, 2006 7:02 am

Sanyiiiii wrote:Hi!
Clicksaver is only pulling one mish fom me (it is set to 999), why is that? someone please help!
The number you set it to is the number of iterations it will go through until it finds one of the items you specifiy. It will then stop. It will only pull one mission because that is the way AO works - once you accept a mission the mission box closes. So if you want more missions, just re-open the mission terminal and restart clicksaver (possibly deleting the item you just pulled in a previous run).

However, if you are saying it only runs once and is not iterating at all, that could be because you haven't positioned the Request Mission button exactly under the arrow in AO. Move the mission window a little until you get it right.