Hard to choose a profession isn't it?

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Hard to choose a profession isn't it?

Post by EDTA » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 am

A lot of people seem to ask what prof they should play. Well that's not a choice others can make for you. You just should chose the profession you feel most comfortable with at that time. To make this choice you should know most professions of course, but guess what: there is a lot of info floating around about all the professions. This topic should point you to this info.

* Hahnsoo's guide seems to contain the most complete and accurate info.On top of that it's also funny. This guide contains a lot of info, but the profession specific info is rather in the begin (scroll down a little or press PageDown 8 times).

* Love/Hate: How to REALLY Tell Which Profession You Should Be Playing! VERY old info from official forum. Gives a quick image, but info seems to be outdated.

* All topics on aofroobs with "profession" in the title
* All topics on aofroobs with "prof" in the title

You can also browse through the profession forums on aofroobs or on the official forums. Read some general stuff and watch out for guides.

YOU have to decide your profession! Search well, choose well!
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Hard to choose a profession isn't it?

Post by Tarradax » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

A sticky thou shall become! :notworthy:

EDIT: A brand new professions mini-guide has been born today. Here it is - I hope it'll be a nice help towards deciding which prof is right for you.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

brian
Fresh
Fresh

Guide to the Professions

Post by brian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Try this link. I wrote it before I stopped playing as a paid member of AO. It is a little out of date, but it is still more current than anything else I have seen out there.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=439940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just copy (Ctrl C)and paste (Ctrl V) the link into your browser and press enter.

Brian

Tackica
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hard to choose a profession isn't it?

Post by Tackica » Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 am

Thank you very much for this

You helped me a lot =D>