Vincenzo Palmiero Quest

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Vincenzo Palmiero Quest

Post by Bowgie » Mon May 02, 2016 10:59 pm

The latest update to AO added a new quest. In ICC, you go to the Holodeck tower. Behind the reception desk, take the elevator to the second floor. Look for the toon named Vincerzo Palmiero. He'll be too busy to talk. Look for the floaty ball near him. The ball gives players two missions:

1. Go to ToTW to find a kidnapped toon. Kind of hard to complete this mission because ToTW is for lower level players. :(
On a related tangent, what happened to the portal to IS that used to be in Bor? Now I see the portal to Bor is next to ToTW, which isn't very convenient.

2. Complete some regular missions (three?) and get a special kind of reward points redeemable at an item terminal in this same 2nd floor location.
I earned one point this way, which is good for a pass for the NPC not to aggro me in Subway (too bad a level 200 toon can't go there). Other options include a pass to ToTW and IS (the last item might acually be useful to the level 200 toon).

The other items on offer are merely social items or experience boosts, except for a back armor item that may be very useful to a level 100 or so player.

Anyway, no harm in checking Vincenzo Palmiero's missions out if you are doing the normal dailies anyway.

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Vincenzo Palmiero Quest

Post by keune » Mon May 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Some more information on the Palmiero's shop items would be nice. I noticed a recall beacon of some sort there? And what do those dungeon-specific items do? Do you have to wear them?

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 am

I'm guessing the three items keep the lower level mobs in Subway, ToTW, and IS from aggro'ing a player when the item is equipped.
The Subway item is the cheapest of the three, and the IS item the most expensive.
I also see an experience boost item.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Tue May 03, 2016 6:25 am

Palmiero himself seems to talk only to people lvl 201+, so he is of little interest to us.

The "floaty ball" beside him can give up to two missions at once. One is level specific (Curiously my lvl 100 NT did not get one), the other is a generic "Freelancers Inc" mission that requires you to do 3 "normal" daily missions.
Normal does cover at least the regular dailies, as well as the tarasque-tagging daily.
I did not get an update while doing the other pvp dailies and have not tested elite dailies.
Did anyone of you run some tests?

After completing the Arbitration Drone's "Freelancers Inc" mission, the player has to target Palmiero's receptionist Ralph to finish the task.
On doing so, the player seems to have a chance to recieve one of two additional rewards on top of the daily XP, namely either a Damaged Freelancers Inc Recall Beacon to warp yourself back to the Freelancers agency (or borealis as neut) or a specific token to reset the daily mission lockout. Talk to the Freelancer lady beside Plamiero for that.

Palmiero's shop offers the really interesting ICC Peace Keeper Recall Beacon, which seems to do just what the damaged one does, namely warp you back from the arse of rubi-ka, with the exception of the drastically reduced lockout timer of 10 mins instead of 30 minutes and the location one gets warped to.

The dungeon specific items have to be worn to be used, just like the Biomare IDs and Biodome passes.
According to the description, some bosses still may aggro you, with other mobs joining in because of social aggro.
Im busy getting the recall beacons for my chars first, so I did not test any of the immunity items yet.
Im curious what FC considers a boss there, their viability pretty much depends on that.
If I got some spare time, I might chase my subway MP down the rabbit hole later.
For science!

Edit:
Update - The Swollen Mass of Mutant Flesh protects from aggro on everything inside the subway except - Eumenides, the Bloodcreeper, Vergil and Abmouth.
Last edited by Rain on Tue May 03, 2016 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue May 03, 2016 6:55 am

Rain wrote: Normal does cover at least the regular dailies, as well as the tarasque-tagging daily.
I did not get an update while doing the other pvp dailies and have not tested elite dailies.
Battlestation missions work too, and you can do three of those in a day :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Saavick wrote:
Rain wrote: Normal does cover at least the regular dailies, as well as the tarasque-tagging daily.
does that include Froobs ?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Xaat wrote:
Saavick wrote:
does that include Froobs ?
Yes. Non-froobs have even more choice such as DOJA chips and the other elite missions from Jobe Research.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Wed May 04, 2016 2:11 am

Rain wrote:Palmiero himself seems to talk only to people lvl 201+, so he is of little interest to us...
He did talk to my lvl180 fixer after finishing 3 dailies for freelancers and getting 1 "condemnation" point and offered a 3-part pvp quest (I'm playing only pvm).
IS immunity thing sounds very attractive as I am afraid to peek my nose inside there solo :)

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Wed May 04, 2016 3:58 am

I logged in my lvl 30 MA, and got a quest from Palmiero
it was 1 duel, 3 battlestations, and I think 5 miners or something like that for the 3rd part.

getting in a BS was a pain, and not knowing what I was doing made it longer to complete the first BS, but I figured it out.
I tried a second but no one was signing up, so I did a dual log and hoped that would help, but guess there needs to be more then just 2 players to start it.
I don't think I'll do that again, I'll try and complete it with the one character, which is really a character to play to pass the time when not on main.

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

This weekend, I pulled an Inner Sanctum , or IS, quest from Vincerzo Palmiero's floating robot ball -- one on each of my two level 200 Froob players. The quest say something about finding kidnapped ICC personnel, but that's not how it unfolds.

First of all, just getting to IS is different. Sometime before adding the Freelancers quests, FC removed the portal from Bor City, and also the portal to ToTW that used to be next to the Newland Desert whoompas. Now the portal is a painting of some ugly thing located on the wall next to Windcaller Karrec. Karrec sits in a shipping container next to the Shopping Station in ICC. Karrec himself is useless; always no time for talking because he's so focused on his crazy cult.

From that painting-as-portal, you get to IS directly or via ToTW. This weekend, in the IS anteroom, there were lots of level 150-200 players teaming up for just the daily. Once ready, you enter back of the first floor as normal. Besides all the usual baddies, there is a floating spirit dressed in white. It moves around a lot, and you may have to wait a while for it to circle around to the back door area. The spirit does not aggro players. Target and kill it (easy). A portal will open up, just like with boss at the far end of the first floor.

The portal takes you to a dungeon-like room with a few skeleton soldiers around. Kill or calm them. At the other end of the room is a door that opens to a cave. A single skeleton guards the door on the cave side. Other skeletons and gouls are around the perimeter and also aggro anyone nearby. After killing or calming the minor mobs, to the rear on the right side is an alter with a boss, a monk. Kill her to complete the mission. All teammates get mission completed. The under level 200 players say the XP gain is really good. The boss is an easy kill for a 150 to 200 level team. I don't know if it's solo'able by a 200 Froob. Being in a team both times, I never had the chance. The boss and minor mobs drop the usual second floor IS items, especially the Third Notum Rings. EDIT: Later, I tried solo'ing this mission at level 200 (Adverty and then an Engy). Failed miserably. I think Froobs need a team -- just a healer + tank would probably work.

One team immediately meeped out once the boss was down. Otherwise, just keep exiting the way you came in. Eventually, you end up outside of ToTW
Last edited by Bowgie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sun May 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Karrec actually does talk to new players.
He gives them a quest to track down two people and bring back a bronto burger and a credit card (containing 1b credits) in order to gain access to the portal.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sun May 22, 2016 1:15 pm

(accidental double post)
Last edited by Bowgie on Sun May 22, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Legendfluff » Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 pm

With these new items, you are virutally immune to social aggro by most mobs in these areas... or are you?

Most things will still social aggro if you attack things that are in an area of green mobs to you, except in the case with Vergil... the melded patterns didn't seem to mind me wrecking him.

Both Subway & Totw testing were done with a Level 25 enf while Inner Sanctum was with a 126 shade; so far anyway.

Things that will still auto attack you on sight:
Subway: [Swollen Mass of Mutant Flesh]
Eumenides
Vergil Aeneid
Abmouth Supremus
Bloodcreeper

Totw: [Initiate Teachings of the Immortal One]
Defender of the Three
The Curator
Nematet the Custodian of Time
Windcaller Yatila
Reanimated Corpse/Eternal Sentinel
The Re-Animator
Deathless Legionaire
Lien the Memorystalker (Edit: I went through again with alts and it seems he's immune to it)
Eternal Guardian
Guardian of Tomorrow
Gartua The Doorkeeper
All Exarchs
The Uklesh trio

Inner Sanctum: [Rites of the High Exarch]
Fezael the Watcher
Jeuru the Defiler
Iskop the Idolator
(Still figuring out what isn't immune, need to get an alt with a key up there)

On the quests given:
Palmiero himself:
[Haven't talked to him with characters above 200 yet]

That floaty ball next to him:
A level range specific quest - this mission gives you a full level of xp (whether you're 150 or 195, it gives a full level; it maxes a L10 research on a 200)
1-25: Subway - hunt Eumenides
26-70: Totw - kill 30 cultists [Not joking, I had a 70 toon talk to him and I got a totw quest]
125-200: Inner Sanctum - Kill the Re-Animator
201+: ?? [haven't done higher than 200s yet]
Freelancer Inc. - "Complete 3 Normal Daily missions"
A "normal" daily can be most not all of those given by the agency dude (neither AI nor Elite work), DOJA and battlestation dailies (Tower tagging and notum miners do not work).
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Riny » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Just wanted to post a quick summary that may be useful to newbs, like me.

Doing Freelancers quest has small chance of rewarding a recall item that takes you back to your base. Since im clan, it ports me to old athen clan mission office. Recall has a 30 min in game timer. About 6 of my 14 toons already got it.

Each Freelancer quest rewards a commendation. You can use them to buy stuff at the special term in the same room as arbiter. Spend 1 comm and get Subway anti agro item. Spend 3 comm and get TOTW anti agro item. Spend 10 comm to get better recall item (10 min timer). I will be buying the 10 comm recall if my toons are not lucky with the 30 min one.

I stupidly avoided these quests until i overheard convo about recall ability. I hated the mission run back.

Riny

Bigtoad702
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bigtoad702 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:50 am

:shock: chance to get a recall item???? Whaaaa???

I've been doing those Freelancer quests since I restarted, on 5 different characters ranging from 20 to 150, and i've NEVER seen such an item. I seriously hate this game's RNG. :evil: :roll:

Related item: Aside from Docs, NTs, Traders & Fixers with grid nanos, is the Freelancer item (10 ICC tokens) the only way to get back from missions in the middle of nowhere? I thought there was an item that could be purchased with Veteran Points. or by chance is there one you can buy with Victory Points?

When the game was new it was mildly interesting to fly through scenic areas for 10 minutes to get to a zone where a remote mission for a critically needed nano was located, only to spend an equal amount of time getting back.... But this is today and I've seen all the scenery I care to see. Surely there's a better answer than buy a faster Yalm?