need help on moving information

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

need help on moving information

Post by Xaat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:19 pm

want to take the profile, or forgot the exact name file for characters
from one computer to another

I guess I could just redo each character in the game, how the loadouts and such, but that would be slow.

I can't recall where to look and copy to move to the new machine/Game
I took a peek in the old folder, but couldn't find them, maybe just looking in the wrong spot for the Character profiles (hope I'm calling it by the correct name)

thank you a bunch

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: need help on moving information

Post by Rain » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:54 am

Should be around C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\b586d196\Anarchy Online WhateverYouCalledTHisFolder\Prefs

Easier way to find the Preference folder:
Open the AO launcher.
Instead of "play", click "settings".
Choose the tab "GUI". Below are some folders named Skins, Scripts and Screenshots. Pick either of them and click open.
A new window opens. In this new window backtrack one step in the filetree and you should see the "Prefs" folder.
This is the one you want to copy.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Re: need help on moving information

Post by Xaat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:26 pm

thank you
that will save some time , the thought of 30+ characters needing to redo everything (Not that I would had done all 30+) was a bit scary

it's really like 10 or 12, mAny are still not active, being I had 3-6 characters on each server, that merge now I have more characters then slots for them , manly wanted to do this for the active ones

many thanks