Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

AOFroobs.com • View topic - Pistol with no ammo

Pistol with no ammo

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.

Pistol with no ammo

Postby keune on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 am

If I want to use the Dog for main hand dmg and a buffing pistol with no ammo in the other hand - will it count as two guns or one gun? I mean, for the number of attacks per minute.
keune
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Pistol with no ammo

Postby Ar1z on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 am

It will count as having one gun... You need to create a filter to avoid the "weapon has no ammo" spam though...
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto
Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Postby keune on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 am

Damn, Dog and Pelastio both use bullets, so Pelastio will auto-reload and start shooting. Is there any way to prevent one pistol from auto-reloading?
keune
Amateur
Amateur

Postby Ar1z on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 am

The only way I can think of defeats the purpose... You need to have the ammo in a backpack, get the ammo out of the backpack reload only the gun you want and put it back in the backpack...
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto
Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Postby Briandmg on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:51 pm

If I recall correctly, I've attempted something similar before (with main gun using energy weapon ammo, and the buffing gun using bullets). While testing, I realised that the main gun still fires at the same rate regardless of whether I had bullets in my gun/inventory or not. I.e. you actually lose a very small amount of DPS by not reloading the buffing gun and shooting with it as well. But you might want to test this out yourself. I did this very long ago and can't remember if I've recalled it right.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P
Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Return to Knowledge Database