Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
AOFroobs.com • View topic - The Hardcore fr00b Experience

The Hardcore fr00b Experience

New to Anarchy Online or just new to the AOFroobs forums? Introduce yourself here, ask questions about the game, and learn how to become a successful Anarchy Online fr00b.

The Hardcore fr00b Experience

Postby Furu on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:34 am

Hello fellow fr00bs, sl00bs and paid-tryhards.

I wanted to make a quick post about my attempt to play a character like back in 2001 - when everyone was new and had terrible gear.
For the project I want to play as isolated as possible.
No outside buffs from anyone, not even my own toons.
No cred-transfer from friends, or my own toons.
No item-transfer from friends or my own toons.
No dailies for easy-peasy XP.
No kite-team joining.
Neutral, cause I am neither an employee nor a rebel. :D

I was thinking about leaving out all dungeons aswell but 1-200 solo missions sounded a bit to cruel for me and I need every piece of gear I can get my filthy hands on.

I do this because I want to relive my AO moments again. I am fully aware of the fact that I know all the buffs and drops from bosses I need to farm but I want to have that feeling back of "I did this on my own" - which is something I missed during my first 1-200 journey.

If anyone wants to join me on this crazy adventure, hit me up on the forum or ingame: "Hartkern" is my solitus trader rolling melee-energy because why the f* not. Back in the days I used to play with the armor and weapon that looked the best.
I would be glad to play with other like-minded people and do subway, totw, team missions the "legit" way. This is ofc a longtime project and I won't play for long everyday but, you know... baby steps.
Anyway I hope the read was worth your time and maybe I will see you ingame.

Best regards, Furu aka Gendo aka Hartkern
Furu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The Hardcore fr00b Experience

Postby Matammyr on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:29 am

I actually had a similar idea a while ago and wanted to try it as well but never got around to it. My plan was to play the game in "14.9 mode" - meaning I would use no gear, buffs, or play any content that was implemented after the 14.9 patch (reason being is that it was the last patch before SL).

How far along is your toon? And what time zone do you play in?
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Postby Furu on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:51 am

Hey, I had to restart my journey on Hartkern because I was playing around with the subway OFAB weapons. Those are just way to OP for this project :D

Hartkern was reborn as a shotty using opi crat currently lvl 20.
Im playing in the CEST Zone.
Maybe you can send me a tell ingame or join the frubbot for more information.

P.S.: We have a slight problem with the 14.9 stuff since the only basic buffs now are the composite ones.

Best regards, Furu
Furu
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Matammyr on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 am

Furu wrote:P.S.: We have a slight problem with the 14.9 stuff since the only basic buffs now are the composite ones.

Oh wow, I have been out of the game too long.
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Postby Matammyr on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:40 am

After catching up a little on all the changes since I've been gone, I have less desire to return to the game than I ever had.

This is a great idea though and I wish you the best of luck!
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Return to New Arrivals