Steps of Madness Updated Loot

Information and posts regarding all the dungeons and quests on Rubi-Ka (ie Condemed Subways, ToTW, Biomare, Jack-the-Leg Chopper, etc.)
GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Steps of Madness Updated Loot

Post by GDB2222 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Just a quick run-down on the changes to SOM. I'm sure I've missed lots.

Pick up the 5 different sorts of Nightmare Essence. Of these the Tidal one seems the rarest and the rest are pretty common. They seem to drop off pretty much everything. They can be traded.

They are combined together in the sequence:
Nightmare Tidal Essense + Nightmare Arachnid Essense + Nightmare Spacial Essense + Nightmare burning Essense + Nightmare Darkness Essense = Complete Nightmare Essense.

Ideally, you want 3 combined sets of these. Apply one set to your Neleb robe, to make it a super-duper Neleb master robe. The other 2 sets are to upgrade the Fractured Sanity rings that drop off Neleb, making them Fractured Nightmare (+4 each to int/psy and +40 to Nano Resist).

(Once Auno updates its database, I'll - one day real soon hopefully - put some links in here.)

The loving gloves / gentle gloves / brutal gloves seem to be a common drop now.

Essence of Jealousy (only off Jealousy, of course) also seems to be a common drop now - either that, or I got very lucky indeed twice in a row.

Please feel free to post comments saying all the things I've missed, and I'll update this short guide to reflect your comments.

Woodlands
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Steps of Madness Updated Loot

Post by Woodlands » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

GDB2222 wrote:Just a quick run-down on the changes to SOM. I'm sure I've missed lots.

Pick up the 5 different sorts of Nightmare Essence. Of these the Tidal one seems the rarest and the rest are pretty common. They seem to drop off pretty much everything. They can be traded.
From my random slaughtering of everything that moves in there, there isn't really a 'common' or a 'rare' essence drop. By comparing notes with various orgmates who've farmed there we seem to get different 'rare' essences. So it's really down to your luck on which drops you get. For instance I get Arachnid a lot and am missing Burning and Darkness while my orgmate has plenty of others but lacks Arachnid. We were farming in different GS-es at that time.
Nightmare Tidal Essense + Nightmare Arachnid Essense + Nightmare Spacial Essense + Nightmare burning Essense + Nightmare Darkness Essense = Complete Nightmare Essense.

Ideally, you want 3 combined sets of these. Apply one set to your Neleb robe, to make it a super-duper Neleb master robe. The other 2 sets are to upgrade the Fractured Sanity rings that drop off Neleb, making them Fractured Nightmare (+4 each to int/psy and +40 to Nano Resist).
Might want to make it 4 sets since you can wear 2 of the rings.
(Once Auno updates its database, I'll - one day real soon hopefully - put some links in here.)

The loving gloves / gentle gloves / brutal gloves seem to be a common drop now.

Essence of Jealousy (only off Jealousy, of course) also seems to be a common drop now - either that, or I got very lucky indeed twice in a row.

Please feel free to post comments saying all the things I've missed, and I'll update this short guide to reflect your comments.
Yeah, Essence of Jealousy seems a common drop. I've gotten quite a few of them.
Current status: Playing on and off during the weekends.
Alt-itis: Nanowoody 49/Omni/NT/NM -> Utterly phail at kiting Level 81 claws. Trader, MP, Soldier, Enfo, Crat, heck..I've got one of each prof!
Woodlands - Level 178 + dual Crispies. Hates the grinding again.
Future wish list: 2x Gelid Blades, MoTR.

cubscrazy350
Amateur
Amateur

Post by cubscrazy350 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 pm

The nelebs Master robe adds:

15 to all nano skills
400 to every AC
and -1% nano cost

You must be lvl 41 and have 301 in every nano skill to equip it.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Comparing the new rings with I am the Owl makes me feel nerfed. +4 int/psy is a little much for such a lowbie ring. OR +8 int/psy is a bit low for such an hard-to-get item.

just my 2ct.
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 pm

DocJones wrote:Comparing the new rings with I am the Owl makes me feel nerfed. +4 int/psy is a little much for such a lowbie ring. OR +8 int/psy is a bit low for such an hard-to-get item.

just my 2ct.
The new rings are supposed to be a lowbie version of the Ring of Computing (NODROP and available in SL Catas at a very horrible droprate) and as such are not balanced against the old RK loot.

Also, I'm curious about the new weapons that are supposed to drop - That AR/Burst weap, in particular. Anyone find it/Use it already?
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 pm

i went and nabbed my sister a couple of the nervejolter weapons for her adv yesterday (thanks to flying for showing me where they drop :p). They seem pretty good so far.

And the new nelebs ring is a must for my doc, gonna hunt down a couple later :P
Reidstrader - 21 trader twink
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Omglieklazer - 76 doc twink
Reidsmp - Retired 76 mp twink
Reidsagent - 91 Agent twink
Reidscrat - 114 crat twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Reidventurer - 192 adv (220 inc)
Ertist - 220 MA

All omni and on RK1, send me a tell ;D

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Tarradax wrote:Also, I'm curious about the new weapons that are supposed to drop - That AR/Burst weap, in particular. Anyone find it/Use it already?
I helped a lvl 40 soldier farm one (dropped off Notum habit near Jealousy) and it looks like a Hellspinner! Looks pretty decent for lowbie froob soldiers, especially with the decent min damage (i.e. != 1) and 1/1 att/recharge. I'm going to take my baby soldier there later and get him one :)

Edit: http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=152027
As with all the new weapons there is a 5% chance of a stun, for the Neutrino Flash this reduces the AC of the target by 15% (on all damage types) for 20 seconds.

As an aside AO Universe hae updated their guide to SoM and it looks to be pretty accurate...
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=169

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:19 am

It's a reflect debuff, not an AC debuff. It means if a mob has a reflect shield, say a soldier mob with TMS or a dyna, or a player with rrfe, it will lower that shield.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 am

Ah, damn, miss read it :oops:
Note to self, do not post before before morning coffee Image

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Steps of Madness Updated Loot

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:37 am

Traxxor wrote:
GDB2222 wrote:

Might want to make it 4 sets since you can wear 2 of the rings.
Ah, sorry, some people might want the upgraded notum battle-rod, so that means 4 in total, ie 1 robe + 2 rings + 1 battle-rod.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:28 am

I just wanted to update you guys that the completed ether combine is currently 5-10 mill on GMS. I kid you not. I would suggest making hay whilst the sun shines - won't be for long.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:46 pm

DocJones wrote: +4 int/psy is a little much for such a lowbie ring. OR +8 int/psy is a bit low for such an hard-to-get item.
8+4 = 12
Adios, thanks for the fish

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Tarradax wrote:That AR/Burst weap, in particular. Anyone find it/Use it already?
:-)
Adios, thanks for the fish

Redalgo
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Redalgo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:54 pm

New upgrade for the robe makes it markedly better for buffing nano stats than the fully-leveled Reanimator's Cloak, I see. Looks like I've got some late-night lurking to do. Haven't been out there since I first got the robe a month or two ago for an alt. Do I still need to make the long flight out, or did I hear correctly that there is a mob that warps to it in Newland? Has it been crowded lately? (I only ask because it appeared to be a rather low-trafficked area before the patch, but now that the drops are better and it is much more convenient for clanners to access...) ^^
RK1 Clan Org: Pandion Knights (Advisor)
Redalgo - 187/0 Adventurer, eating bronto burgers and prowling for a 'ness in OA - while in the form of a pit lizard, ofc... '>.=.<'
Kirovsky - 100/0 Bureaucrat, "We have naught to lose but our chains, and a world to win. Workers of all clans, unite!"
Greachor - 45/0 Engineer, too busy guarding E. Meetmedere and gaining weight to help you. Stop staring at my bot. >.>

Mikro
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mikro » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 am

There is NPC at newland N gate. (tho you still have to get back from nowhere somehowif you dont have gridding/warping ability on your char).

Upgrade items drop often, its just luck that you get 5 correctones. Robe is <3 tho :)
Froobs
Mikrometa 200 MP

Sloobs
Vetus 220 Enf