Froob Trader Guide by Hahnsoo/Ferrell

bonesofwar
Fresh
Fresh

Post by bonesofwar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:31 am

Rifle is also a mediocre choice for Traders, mainly used for PvP. Since the Ithaca shotgun also has Aimed Shot, and the best Rifles for PvP are profession-locked (aside from the Zastaba Velocity), it is rather redundant. However, there are quite a few outside buffs available for Rifle and Aimed Shot, so you may be able to equip an extremely high Rifle at an early level. I'd still rather stick with a Shotgun, myself
The X-3 is not Profession locked and is one of the better ones. Julgranfroob is the best level 15 pvper there is and he uses an x-3 in conjunction with kizzermoles. In my opinion trader+X-3+T.I.M. scope+kizzermoles is the best possible setup.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:45 am

rifle for PvP has the advantage of not conflicting with TS ... so you can actualy imp PM TS at 50/50, rifle at 100% and NR shiny in head ...

other advantage if you fight with OB ... rifle (and pistol btw) are heavily OBable ... shotties are not

I had this idea and posted here somewhere long ago ... but never had the faith to make the actual toon
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 am

bonesofwar wrote:
Rifle is also a mediocre choice for Traders, mainly used for PvP. Since the Ithaca shotgun also has Aimed Shot, and the best Rifles for PvP are profession-locked (aside from the Zastaba Velocity), it is rather redundant. However, there are quite a few outside buffs available for Rifle and Aimed Shot, so you may be able to equip an extremely high Rifle at an early level. I'd still rather stick with a Shotgun, myself.
The X-3 is not Profession locked and is one of the better ones. Julgranfroob is the best level 15 pvper there is and he uses an x-3 in conjunction with kizzermoles. In my opinion trader+X-3+T.I.M. scope+kizzermoles is the best possible setup.
I stand by my writeup. It is a mediocre choice, except in a few situations involving PvP. I can't imagine any Trader investing in the necessary skills to use an X-3 in PvM (especially with Concealment being borked as it is). I did cover the main points of OSBs, although a nice and tasty Implant setup does help remove the sting a bit (but then you have to mess with Rifle/Aimed Shot having conflicting clusters, etc etc). It's odd that you can play an Agent like a mediocre Trader in PvM, but you can't play a Trader like a mediocre Agent. Or can you? A challenge for you gimp lovers out there.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:59 am

Being an Extruder Bar connoisseur, I can say it give +2 to all a base abilities and the effects last EXACTLY 1 minute.

EXCELLENT GUIDE...

but I'd also like to add that if you don't like situational management (especially during combat) then the TRADER professions is not for you. Of all the professions, the Trader is the one who has to press the most buttons and watch the condition of teammates to be most effective.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

snakeye
Flagged
Flagged

Post by snakeye » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:13 am

It's a darn good guide. .. it discusses about everything a trader needs to know including what are must have, handy items.

It even helped me since i tough the trader heals where worthless i guess i learned something today. I off getting some heal nano's

Keep up the good work.
Rimor:

Lvl 174 Clan Adv snakeye15
Lvl 110 Neutral Engie snakepit

lvl 60 Omni MA Kungfujane http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57971

Lvl 24 clan Fixer Speedybabe Http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=64607

Lvl 100 Clan Trader snaketrader

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:53 pm

WorldTrader wrote:Being an Extruder Bar connoisseur, I can say it give +2 to all a base abilities and the effects last EXACTLY 1 minute.
Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I was thinking 30 seconds. It certainly seems like a short amount of time.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Yulai
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Yulai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 am

Very nice guide, thank you Hahnsoo. [x] vote for sticky!

Saneko
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Saneko » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:14 pm

:D
Last edited by Saneko on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:21 am

bump and vote for sticky
mmorpg addiction... [1][2][3]

reids
Veteran
Veteran

Post by reids » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:39 am

bonesofwar wrote:
I've seen him and he uses omni carb irrc, so thats a LOT of pre-draining he has to run and do every 3 minutes, considering i worked out i can do kizzermoles with 1 drain on a level 25 trader with full ql 75 AI armour... (adding 8 sharp objects each piece)
Reidstrader - 21 trader twink
Reidsadvy - 74 adv twink
Omglieklazer - 76 doc twink
Reidsmp - Retired 76 mp twink
Reidsagent - 91 Agent twink
Reidscrat - 114 crat twink
Reidsnt - 165 NT twink
Reidventurer - 192 adv (220 inc)
Ertist - 220 MA

All omni and on RK1, send me a tell ;D

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 am

omg, almost went 2nd page ... /sticky
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Kingsama
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingsama » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:07 pm

i had a twinked trader in the works, till a reloading of my system + me forgetting to turn off all xp gains = leveling. now i am thinking about taking the toon much higher in terms of levels. After looking at the weapon selection, i was wondering if there was a good guide on how to build crit? seems like its a huge part of trader life.

any help is good help...

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:37 pm

That's very open ended besides saying, "Get buffs." Buffs such as Mark of Peril and Take the Shot.

Desired new twink level? Any expansions?
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Kingsama
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingsama » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Tyranii wrote:That's very open ended besides saying, "Get buffs." Buffs such as Mark of Peril and Take the Shot.

Desired new twink level? Any expansions?
not sure what level to go to, maybe all the way to 200, and i am a froob...

sybil
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sybil » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:05 am

hahnsoo wrote:The Weapons
Vektor ND QL 180 - I consider this gun to be the "default" weapon by which all other Trader weapons are to be compared. It only uses Shotgun skill, has decent average damage and criticals. It is a bit slow, and can only be single-wielded. I would recommend this gun for a primary tradeskiller (less IP to spend on various specials/multi ranged). Shop-buyable and rollable.

OT-Windchaser SM line QL 190 - This line has poor average damage, excellent crits, and excellent speed. It's a good shotgun if you have a crit-based setup or early on when you don't have much Ranged Init. Shop-buyable and rollable.
Wonderful guide wish I had this when I first started trader..

when I played my froobie trader from 1 to 90ish, I initially read all the guides I could find. At the time I went with a Vektor ND up to about 40ish, when I figured out that a Home Defender of equal stats did more damage in PvM.. so I switch at that point to Home Defenders Dual (all I could guess was that the Energy Damage on RK mobs wasn't as effective as the projectile damage of the Home defender).

Then after using the home defender for a while I realized that I really couldnt afford the IP for a second weapon.. and started running around with a single.. Then I compared the Home Defender and the OT-Windchaser SM30's I found that the regular Damage was roughly half the Home Defenders but fired almost Twice as fast doing about the same, but because the crit damage was the same on both the Home Defender and the OT-Windchaser SM30, this gave me twice as many chances for a crit.

maybe if I had ever gotten the Trader above 120 I could have switched back to dual handed. but thats another story, sorry just thought I needed pointed out that the OT-Windchaser not a bad froobie choice if you have to go single handed shotgun only and I must admit PvM related as well. just my 2cents.. not worth much more.. great guide loved it.