76 PVP focused trader (Plan)

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: 76 PVP focused trader (Plan)

Post by Goldberg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:48 am

Awesome work, it will diffidently rock ! and tbh, way better then my old trader back than :)
i have some questions i hope you dont mind

- how did you got such high ql the ithace on? i know its very hard to get on due to low fling

- what was the order of your entire twinking process? did you get the vail before the final imp setup?

- the aad rinds, i assume you bought those, but if you have any idea on where to hunt these babies it would be great :)

- and lastly, the most important aspect of you setup is the evades, how much you end up with ? (without the +110 evades) i recall somewhere around 690
not buffed at all... could be wrong tho. long time ago

anyway keep going with the updates give us some pics too :)
and gl there young warrior! :)

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey, thanks, I have a few questions of my own but I will answer yours first!
Goldberg wrote: - how did you got such high ql the ithace on? i know its very hard to get on due to low fling
Well, instead of implanting shotgun, I implanted fling shot, not only to save IP for more important stuff, but also to get a higher QL ithaca on. However, I have a tower planted. The highest QL I can put on without a tower at 100% is 185.
- what was the order of your entire twinking process? did you get the vail before the final imp setup?
Well, the process was actually rather long, I'll recap what I did.

1 - I put some Agi imps in
2 - I put some Treatment imps in (already had enough CL to self the 6-slot belt)
3 - I laddered Agi and Treatment accordingly
4 - I put in an eye with tutoring and intelligence and I put in some Full Auto clusters to be able to put on the Beyer CL pistol (with a QL70 O.E.T Pelastio for the trickle)
5 - I put in CL imps with tutoring in them
6 - With some IP in tutoring, I was able to put the whole Focus Funneling Helper set in.
7 - I put in a full set of 64 NCUs to hold the buffs required to cast Trading Mogul
8 - I got on 5x Spirit Infused Yuttos NCUs with the help of a QL62 CL Tutoring device (I had tutoring imped as well as CL) without maxing CL (was about 3 or so points off)
9 - I put in my old treatment imps with ease (5x Yuttos = 25 more treatment)
10 - I laddered agility imps
11 - I laddered treatment imps
12 - I put in some Fling shot imps
13 - I put on my QL152 Chapman pistol dualed with a O.E.T Pelastio
14 - I reladdered agility in anticipation for the new huge agi reqs
15 - I laddered treatment and managed a QL177 Head, 182 Eye and 184 Right Hand
16 - I put in my final weapon imps (QL192 Right arm, right wrist, left wrist and a QL191 Left hand)
17 - I put intelligence in the ear, head and eye respectively. I really didn't care which order I did it in because as a NM, I would end up with enough int anyway.
18 - I swapped out the Chapman for a QL103 O.E.T Jess and put the Veil on.
19 - Later on I put in my final evade imps, chest, eye and nanoskill imps.

And that's all i can remember for now. I warn you though, it may not have been in that order and I probably forgot something.
- the aad rinds, i assume you bought those, but if you have any idea on where to hunt these babies it would be great :)
I actually only bought the +13 ring, I found the +14 ring in a mission so I suggest pulling heaps of missions in the City of Home and start looting the mobs and chests, don't forget your lockpick! :P
- and lastly, the most important aspect of you setup is the evades, how much you end up with ? (without the +110 evades) i recall somewhere around 690
not buffed at all... could be wrong tho. long time ago
Without any buffs (apart from expertises). I have 740 Evade close and 95 AAD (295 AAD with LIS running)
anyway keep going with the updates give us some pics too :)
and gl there young warrior! :)
Tell me how and I will! :D

EDIT: Lol, I forgot my own questions, here they are:

1. What QL imps did you manage to get on your trader?
2. What QL ithaca did you get on?
3. What armor do you have?
4. What are your Utils slots?
Twinks:

Theumbrage - 100 Evade Agent (with no damage!) - [Setup]
Payments - 76 PvP Focused Trader - [Setup]
Temples - 60 ToTW Twink, Solo Aztur without hiding - [Setup]
Nubstick - 25 Half-arsed Nanomage NR Enfo - [Setup]

Non-Twinks:

Hattyssold - 200 Atrox Soldier - [Setup]
Ulovemyheals - 200 Nanomage Doctor - [Setup]

Froob powah!

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for the input! :) i really want to hunt those rings, hard to find these at market for reasonable price.
Hatty wrote:1. What QL imps did you manage to get on your trader?
I think i was close to 175, it was an Opifex what blocked the ql was treatment... it was 3-4 years ago before all the goodies such as miys and the yutto's
Hatty wrote:3. What armor do you have?
was Apocalypse Leather ql 115
Hatty wrote:4. What are your Utils slots?
other then the yuttos it was pritty much the same, 275 ve and the rest..
Hatty wrote:2. What QL ithaca did you get on?
iirc it was ql 175, i could twinked higher one but i wanted to play selfbuffed at times, and i think that was the lowest one that i could wear and get out of OE after only 2 drain selfed.

again it was looong time ago, and i had great fun witht that build, i could kill almost every 60ish SL twink even with the best gear, i could also stand toe to toe with my own level, and enfos used to be alot of fun, they hate the fact that a froob trader could kill them selfed.... all thanks to the killer combination of evades and drainz.... and the AS + gomboilz ofc :P

if ill ever get back, (im at collage getting my CPA) i might have a go on a level 50 trader for towers... im still considering which weapon will serve best... :/

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:09 pm

I am having a lot of fun too. I currently have the second solo title and the second team title, it is amazing in BS :P

I guess that perhaps I could have done better if I had used miys, but I really don't think it would have made much of a difference.

Also, gotta love killing people with half a billion worth of AI armor :D. They get a nice surprise when they find out that I'm a froob.

In any case, I think an ithaca is still one of the best choices for a froob PvP trader, not only because it has a nice alpha, but it gives nice evades as well, so I still recommend it to your 50 trader if you ever get around to making it :).
Twinks:

Non-Twinks:

Froob powah!

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:03 pm

A minor improvement that you probably already made:
Lightbar should go in the neckslot of social (combine w/ white trenchcoat or whatever) so that you can put flurry of blows in the utils3 slot. That will give you a little more crit chance on occasion, which never hurts. You have 141 FA from your current imps, 20 from exp, and you’re probably rocking about 60 or so base, so 220ish w/o any IP. That allows you to get into a ql 46 giving you +11 crit% for 15s. Since that weapon (like most shotguns) crits insanely high, its a no-brainer.

More importantly, how is this toon any good at battlestations? Now, I have a LOT of experience at the two lower lvl battlestations (10-30, 31-60) but not much @ 100. I can only assume that at lvl 100 most twinks have hungry howlet/painted panther level weapons or stronger. I’m sure they are packed with Ql 200 imps+ symbiants, wearing full combined etc. My experience has always been that traders are great at low lvls in towers (b/c of massive NCU for OSBs) and given mochams + predraining such a trader easily outclasses the NCU starved field. But in battlestations they tend to be underpowered at lower levels because the drains are not as potent as they need to be. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d bet that some of the lvl 60 2x chief cook cleaver enfos I’ve met would give that toon a run for its money regardless of the level differential. There are a LOT of strong lvl 100 twinks out there. Froobs make lvl 100 twinks to solo in Foreman’s, expansion players make lvl 100 twinks capable of soloing alien bosses in sector 10… Heck, even stupidluigi managed to get a painted panther on his lvl 100 froob enfo. http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Even if a painted panther is OE b/c of a drain, it still hurts… a lot.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:01 pm

you cant use furry of blows with range, im not sure how exactly he manage level 100s but level 60-75 or so shouldnt be much of a problem. :/

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Flurry is for hotswapping. You put flurry in hud3 and pin it to the hotbar, then you put your weapon on the hotbar. You then click the hotbar weapon, click the hotbar flurry, then click the hotbar weapon again. It works fine, but is generally unknown b/c it’s only useful in a few particular cases.

Basically only traders can do it. Since PvP weapons tend to be wrangled on, non-traders do not generally have the weapon skills to do a hotswap. However after a drain traders usually do have enough weapon skill to hotswap.

Also, this has limited use because of the delay in equipping. The snakeman takes 5 seconds to equip, so basically your 15s of +11 crit turn to 10 secs of +11%. (Technically this is not entirely true, as you can re-equip and watch the yellow equip bar until it’s almost on and then hit flurry. I’m sure you could get 14 secs out of it no problem. In this case you click weap, click weap again, wait and click flurry just before it equips)

In addition it is only useful when crits really matter. Snakeman? Check. Other weapons, not as much.

Could this be useful for the toon in question? Well, say you are fighting a ranged prof in battlestations, you exchange a few rounds and get a drain off and then they run. It might be worth it to click the weap/flurry/weap as you chase, and then as the weapon is reequipping you might fire off your feet of stone graft.

I got this tactic by doing low lvl towers w/ a trader wearing a pump. As it turns out a pump master only needs 3 secs to equip and even without a drain a trader should be able to toss it on since the reqs are so insanely low. Could it work, IDK. Maybe there is some use for it. Given that it takes 10 secs to drop and re-equip that weapon I’d say you would not ever do it while standing toe to toe in a fight. But I’m sure there are situations where it results in a net benefit, and considering the FA skill is already there, the cost is nothing. Essentially it’s a minor improvement, but every little bit helps.

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hatty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:21 pm

bronz wrote:A minor improvement that you probably already made:
Lightbar should go in the neckslot of social (combine w/ white trenchcoat or whatever) so that you can put flurry of blows in the utils3 slot. That will give you a little more crit chance on occasion, which never hurts. You have 141 FA from your current imps, 20 from exp, and you’re probably rocking about 60 or so base, so 220ish w/o any IP. That allows you to get into a ql 46 giving you +11 crit% for 15s. Since that weapon (like most shotguns) crits insanely high, its a no-brainer.

More importantly, how is this toon any good at battlestations? Now, I have a LOT of experience at the two lower lvl battlestations (10-30, 31-60) but not much @ 100. I can only assume that at lvl 100 most twinks have hungry howlet/painted panther level weapons or stronger. I’m sure they are packed with Ql 200 imps+ symbiants, wearing full combined etc. My experience has always been that traders are great at low lvls in towers (b/c of massive NCU for OSBs) and given mochams + predraining such a trader easily outclasses the NCU starved field. But in battlestations they tend to be underpowered at lower levels because the drains are not as potent as they need to be. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d bet that some of the lvl 60 2x chief cook cleaver enfos I’ve met would give that toon a run for its money regardless of the level differential. There are a LOT of strong lvl 100 twinks out there. Froobs make lvl 100 twinks to solo in Foreman’s, expansion players make lvl 100 twinks capable of soloing alien bosses in sector 10… Heck, even stupidluigi managed to get a painted panther on his lvl 100 froob enfo. http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Even if a painted panther is OE b/c of a drain, it still hurts… a lot.

I've had a few rounds of BS and faced a fair share of twinks myself. Here's a small list of a couple I have faced and the tactics I used against them.

60 JAME Soldier (Duel) - With some IP in concealment, I can easily conceal myself. I followed with a SDS+Instant Drain, AS+fling combo. The instant drain now prevents him from using TMS, and I start laddering drains on him, using Health Hagglers whenever he hits me (don't want to risk an alpha death :)). The fight eventually lasts long enough for me to ladder up to my final drains, and so I end the fight with a SDS+LIS, AS+fling+kizzer+crit-all-hits combo.

100 Pained Panther enfo Froob (Battlestation) - In the battlestation, I usually go around predrained from previous fights. Honestly, this fight was too easy. I could just root him, LIS him and crit every hit and he wouldn't touch me, but I went closer and let him hit me, but he didn't :P. LIS allowed me to cap every hit on him.

76 Cleaver/Crispy Chirop Enfo (Duel/Notum Miners) - This one is a bit of a toughie. It all depends on whether I get the first attack or he gets the first attack. In the notum mines, I'm usually predrained from previous fights and in sneak, waiting for him. Over there I can just LIS and alpha him, but in a duel, it gets hard. Without a predrain, I usually lose because his rage can break my root. With predrains, I use a SDS+Root combo and he can't break the root I use, so I just ladder drains until I can LIS and crit every hit.

76 Full Auto Advy (Battlestation/duel) - I mostly fight him in the battlestation. As said above, I'm usually predrained in the BS and after my two drains, he can barely hit me. After that, I just LIS and crit every hit. He can only kill me if he gets the first hit off, which is usually when I'm capping/just finished capping. In the duel, I was predrained from the BS, so I just used SDS+LIS and alphad him :3.

76 GA3 Fixer (Duel/Flag) - Just some fun fights, I start off with a SDS+Drain, his burst is usually negated. After that, I ladder drains until I can use LCP. By then, he will not be hitting me and I have an opportunity to use my Nano leeches on him to regain my nano. Once I have regained enough nano, I just wait off the SDS cooldown and prepare for my alpha, using Health Hagglers whenever his bursts hit. When SDS is up, I do a SDS+LIS/AS+Fling+Kizzer combo. With SDS, his GA3 would be at 0% and I would land all my hits. He has evades though, so not all my hits are a crit. The fight usually either ends there with my hits critting, or he survives and I use nano leeches and rinse/repeat.

100 SOTI Keeper (Battlestation) - I am unsure of his actual setup, but he has a SOTI and I beat him around 1 in 4 fights. As a keeper, I am surprised that he can break my roots rather quickly, so I have to re-root him every 10 secs or so. Even when fully drained, he can alpha me if he gets close enough (he has over 1100 Attack rating). For this fight, I use a combination of drains and LIS to wither down his hp and SDS+AS+fling+kizzer when he gets close (as an attempt to make him panic and to hopefully negate his alpha).

100 SPB Soldier (Battlestation) - Fairly easy, drains = he barely hits me and can't TMS and I can use a Health Haggler when he does hit me. LIS and I crit every hit on him. He only beats me if he shoots me first (FA+Burst+perks) and kills me with normal hits (I would only have enough time to fire off 1 drain).

As it currently stands, I have not found a dual cleaver enfo, but I think that a Crispy Chirop/Cleaver enfo would be a better setup than that (sneak attack) and therefore leading me to believe that without the sneak attack, dual cleaver enfos will be much easier to beat.

As for the flurry, I have tried it (that's why the imps have fast attack in them). I didn't know that they couldn't be used with ranged weapons :\. I cannot hotswap my shotty and therefore it would not be viable, however sad that may be :P. I recently lost my towers, so now I'm looking for a replacement Shotty (QL185-189)
Twinks:

Non-Twinks:

Froob powah!

Hatty
Flagged
Flagged