better Ranged Weapons

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

better Ranged Weapons

Post by Derenbruder » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 am

in fairness to all ranged professions against melee professions

i tried out so many professions, melee and ranged and the heaviness of melee professions is much more then ranged professions (Crispy Chiroptera, Pained Panther, Hungry Howlet, the Inners Sanctum melee Weapons, and so on).

FC should implement better ranged weapons (or modify old Weapons).. for example weapon with the base of a blinded blackbird but pistol only and not smg, or the pain of patricia with better stats like 2,0 sec attack and 1,2 sec recharge or the weapon from the hollow island with a burst upgrade or a pistol turnspirit weapon for soldiers (with burst ;) ).

professions like the soldier would become more tank like in the description of a soldier!

so FC, think about it, think about equality to froob professions!!!

greetz the froob in mind.

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Re: better Ranged Weapons

Post by Derenbruder » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am

vore for more and better ranged weapons

*BUMP*

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Bump again!

Fun Comm, I'm tired of my RoP and PoP pistol bullets bouncing off of raid targets for minimal damage.
Please fix that!

Same for IS's "Entropy" and "Chaos" pistols. The third floor version is decent, but it doesn't pair very well with the 2nd floor version, which has really crappy minimal damage.

Both the Mercs and the IS pistol options aren't even that much better than a pair of ql 200 Adventy-only BBI pistols (they are fast at least). Those BBI's can be mission rolled and are pretty decent at titlefive range or so. But it is so sad that I was still using them at TL 6 for a while.

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 pm

In all fairness I thought that the trade off for being able to root/stay out of range of area nukes would be a little less damage.

However if you don't have roots or snares and you're ranged and solo.......yuck :)

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:51 am

Agreed with WeeScot. If you put things into perspective, a BBB for a fixer would be the equivalent to a crispy for an adventurer. The BBB has significantly less damage output because it is ranged. You don't have to hug your mobs to deal damage, and in PvP, you can root and shoot. That is an enormous advantage over any melee weapon.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Derenbruder » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 am

*SOLDIER FORUM* not Fixer or Adventurer!

but sure, there are some equivalents between melee and ranged profs.. but in my opinion and experience of melee profs and ranged profs.. melee has a big advantage to ranged.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:47 am

How about asking for a better froob friendly assault rifle while you are asking for stuff that isnt going to happen.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Derenbruder » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:25 am

i am not asking for assault rifles because the solution to the problem of pistols would help more professions.

and that´s the problem, stuff that isnt going to happen.. but why?

its not a new topic that a soldier is totaly underpowered.. may he has alot attack rating but a crappy weapon.. or a "good" weapon and less attack rating.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 am

pets totaldamage damage/min damage/activemin leechfactor
1 Nemezzida 3500188 19060.7 43834 2.29
2 Sheffsammy 3137662 17114.5 46392 2.71
3 Edta 1 2952129 16076.2 47008 2.92
4 Robokuty 1 2895717 15770.4 39478 2.5
5 Gontred 2593262 14124.5 33447 2.36

--> top 5 of the DD of our last Hollow Island raid. Nemezzida and Gontred both are soldiers...

I get the impression soldiers get underestimated: seems that if you do it right, they do pretty fine.
(Full list here)
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am

The CoH weapons are overpowered, and 3 of the 4 lines are melee weapons. Go figure ...

Get used to the fact that at high froob levels there is no single gun solving all your problems, infact that goes for the whole char setup. In terms of pistols I would suggest getting a couple of these C01 upgraded guns, maybe in at least 2 varying QLs: One to switch to selfbuffed and another for the times you have outside buffs at hand. The other way to overcome the AC problem at raids are crits.

Soloing is maybe not that easy using pistols, due to the powerful but slow attack/recharge timers on the pistols. Define what you want to do with your char and then create a setup around this, but don't expect all kinds of weapons fitting that intended purpose ...

Yes, I would like to have more variety in the gun options. No, I don't see that coming (FC gets nothing from this).

I have a piercing enfo; she suffers similar problems, but I won't change her ever to one of these CoH weapon lines. I wanted her that way, with all the problems included and see it as a challenge to (try to) overcome these.

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Hmm I had a quick look at soldiers AR stuff.....

Full automatic targeting gives 44
Total focus gives 50
The Charred abbadon chassis gives another 55

....you could implant another 60.

I mean if you chose Blinded Blackbirds...your AR wouldn't be as high as assault rifle but you'd still be no slouch.

Spare a thought for professions with no access to COH weapons... :D

EDIT : you know you wanna slip into a pair of chirops sfery!

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 am

WeeScotsman wrote:The Charred abbadon chassis gives another 55
Up to +110, depending on the applied upgrades.
WeeScotsman wrote:EDIT : you know you wanna slip into a pair of chirops sfery!
Maybe for cookie cutting, but not for combat! :D

Agentkay
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Agentkay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Froob soldiers is very underestimated atm due to lack of weapon choices at TL4 and low TL5, at TL6 they became one of the best soloer in the game, after rebalancing, they have better taunt plus smg buffs will make them as good as enfo in tanking single mob(I wanna try tank Hezak with Froob200 raiding force).
Main: Yandriston lvl 199 Defensive Froob Soldier
Secondary: Agentkay lvl 200 Hybrid RifleMA Froob Agent
Other Alts:
Alicist lvl 187 Froob 1HB/Shield MP
Traderkay lvl 174 Gimp/Tradeskill Trader
Agentkayy lvl 215/21 Agent

Proud member of Newcomers Alliance

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 am

[quote="Agentkay"]Froob soldiers is very underestimated atm due to lack of weapon choices at TL4 and low TL5, at TL6 they became one of the best soloer in the game, after rebalancing, they have better taunt plus smg buffs will make them as good as enfo in tanking single mob(I wanna try tank Hezak with Froob200 raiding force).[/quote]

If you organize the rally on a good day, I promise to be there :D.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:14 am

Agentkay wrote:Froob soldiers is very underestimated atm due to lack of weapon choices at TL4 and low TL5, at TL6 they became one of the best soloer in the game, after rebalancing, they have better taunt plus smg buffs will make them as good as enfo in tanking single mob(I wanna try tank Hezak with Froob200 raiding force).
The single mob taunt of the enforcer is only slightly better than that of the soldier, which makes it way more difficult to tank in situations where you cannot throw around Mongo at will.

A better single target taunt would do good not only for soldiers. Hopefully, a detaunt is added as well, because this opens up some options in regard to tank-switching ...