Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

Post by Sferykal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 am

Crabface wrote:Then there is only one thing to do.

IP reset and dual Electronicums.
If you go that way, you can do two IP resets, and build yourself a cool Engineer Pistol in between these.

unregisturd
Fresh
Fresh

Post by unregisturd » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:23 am

I used many weapons from lvl 20-80. I did ok then soloing in formans with pistols and assault rifles. Started off with division 9, Heavy Suppressor then used Seburo C-99a, around lvl 80 or so i used sol k94 ql 119 pistols. When i started borgs I realized that projectile weapons dont fare well on borgs.

Found a 143 Inner Circle Strategic Flamer and used that for a bit now around lvl 125 i wanted to try IS but it was just too hard even with mp pet i was getting killed before i can kill any thing that is until i changed weapons.

Got me a 100 ql blackbird laying around collecting dust so i implanted smg maxed the skill and went hunting it was like night and day i could go 25% deff and still maintain a 1/1 attack speed and kill stuff quick with just 1 bb equiped. now i am lvl 160 with 2 bb ql 105 only payed 2m for the guns lol i got them cheap cheap cheap.

According to the math it will out dammage all the other weps that people listed here easy and thats at full def lol. Now when i reach 175 ill still have skills in assault and stuff to try the hellspinner and hellfury and turn spirit but i think ill be using smg all the way to 200. 8 sec burst + full def + dual weild advantage = good soloing ability.

Soldiers are not stuck on assault rifles we can use what ever we want or what ever floats our boat bb works for me. At 190+ i may change my mind if i try other weps but the dammage simulator says bb OD them all.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Yes, Blackbirds are the best overall pick for froob soldiers, if you want to go the soloing way. They also do good in missions. You can get BBBs on at high TL4 already; and at least for leveling will last you 'til 200. Also, they make it easier on nanoskills compared to the nasty AR+RE combination employed by Div9/Nophex soldiers, increasing your survivability even more.

Thing is, once you are at high levels, you will sooner or later stray from the soloing/mission path, and that's where the Blackbirds will run into the wall of high attack rating and ACs. Infact, if you watch closely and have the chance to fight besides a Hellgun wearing comrade in a 215+ mission (especially at TL6 levels), you can see the effects already on high level sentries and enfo/soldier/bot mobs.

To sum it up: Blackbirds rock, especially while leveling up, and if you mainly solo even at 200, stick to them. If you end up doing mostly raids on your soldier, switch to Hellguns, because Blackbirds are not cutting it there.

Woodlands
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Woodlands » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:46 am

Do 200 soldiers get enough IP to swap between BBBs and Hellguns at will? I've just started a newbie soldier currently on AR only (aiming for Neutrino Flash atm). Based on comments here, I'll probably switch to BBs later on.
Current status: Playing on and off during the weekends.
Alt-itis: Nanowoody 49/Omni/NT/NM -> Utterly phail at kiting Level 81 claws. Trader, MP, Soldier, Enfo, Crat, heck..I've got one of each prof!
Woodlands - Level 178 + dual Crispies. Hates the grinding again.
Future wish list: 2x Gelid Blades, MoTR.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 am

Woodlands wrote:Do 200 soldiers get enough IP to swap between BBBs and Hellguns at will? I've just started a newbie soldier currently on AR only (aiming for Neutrino Flash atm). Based on comments here, I'll probably switch to BBs later on.
IP isn't the problem, but you can't make one setup that works well with both assault rifle and SMG, mostly because of conflicting clusters.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

LT
Amateur
Amateur

Post by LT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Necroing a bit, but I'm bored ;)
Woodlands wrote:Do 200 soldiers get enough IP to swap between BBBs and Hellguns at will? I've just started a newbie soldier currently on AR only (aiming for Neutrino Flash atm). Based on comments here, I'll probably switch to BBs later on.
Oh yes, it's easily doable quite a bit before 200 too. I switch to a pair of BBBs for some dynahunting and whatnot from time to time - and then back to hellfury/-spinner when it's time to raid. There's a few implants that need switching like Saavick mentioned (and some armor), but since I've not bothered getting refined ones it's effortless with SFA and a few generic buffing items ;). The only problem I have is finding everything in my cluttered bank :P.

Thargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thargon » Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 am

So I have a lvl 11 Froob Soldier and I picked up my gun in the steps of madness how do I quickest and easiest twink it on?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Thargon wrote:So I have a lvl 11 Froob Soldier and I picked up my gun in the steps of madness how do I quickest and easiest twink it on?
Welcome to aofroobs ;).
Easiest and probably even quickest is simply level a bit first.
Twinking is not about easy and quick imo. It's about taking the time and effort to accomplish things on a lower level.
Neutrino flash at lvl 11 is not something easy, and it's not something you should try until you have a bit more experience. If you do believe you have the experience, come with something and maybe some people from here can push you a few steps further to get there. But you can't really expect somebody else to do everything for you.
Good luck.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Thargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thargon » Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm

EDTA wrote: Welcome to aofroobs ;).
Easiest and probably even quickest is simply level a bit first.
Twinking is not about easy and quick imo. It's about taking the time and effort to accomplish things on a lower level.
Neutrino flash at lvl 11 is not something easy, and it's not something you should try until you have a bit more experience. If you do believe you have the experience, come with something and maybe some people from here can push you a few steps further to get there. But you can't really expect somebody else to do everything for you.
Good luck.
heh, ok point taken I'll rephrase and specify. at what level can I equip this with a med suit and store bought imps if I max AR, Burst and treatment on a trox soldier?
I DO have the experience (tl7 enforces on my other account but not willing to reactivate that after a 3 year hiatus) but I am trying to play the game casually (trying hard not to let it become my whole life again).

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed May 05, 2010 1:21 am

Thargon wrote:heh, ok point taken I'll rephrase and specify. at what level can I equip this with a med suit and store bought imps if I max AR, Burst and treatment on a trox soldier?
The respective implants are all agility based and you have AR triple implanted, Burst with bright and faded. I would make a bet on QL50 or QL75 implants, but no idea what level specifically. Your true problem here is the NCU, because that's what will determine an earlier success on getting it on. RC (39 NCU, +110 Burst), AR mastery (16 NCU, +60 AR), expertises (Burst + AR, 2x4 NCU, +20 each) and a wrangle (up to 58 NCU for the 131) get you up to +130 in Burst and +211 in AR, with QL50 implants it's 172 Burst and 271 AR.

I don't have a skill emulator right by hand, else I could check into a middle ground between NCU and level+implants. If you don't want to get any additional implants made (i.e. CL implants), then expect to wait until mid-20ies, if not even higher, to get the Neutrino Flash on.

In the very end it all comes down to having enough creds for all this.

Thargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thargon » Wed May 05, 2010 4:19 am

Sferykal: thank you for a very helpful reply! The implants are they store bought or do I need to make them myself ? Could You list clusters per location if it is not the proffession implants. I am running AO on mac so I am not blessed with implant planning software etc ...

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Wed May 05, 2010 5:03 am

I was planing to make a toon around the SoM Assault rifle. I haven't completed it yet but hereis a link to my planned config. In order to keep the rifle out of OE without osb, I calculated a level requirement of 28.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed May 05, 2010 7:48 am

Thargon wrote:Sferykal: thank you for a very helpful reply! The implants are they store bought or do I need to make them myself ? Could You list clusters per location if it is not the proffession implants. I am running AO on mac so I am not blessed with implant planning software etc ...
I based it off the premade profession implants, at least the ones responsible for buffing your Assault Rifle and Burst skill. In terms of implant planning, just use auno.org. There you have a complete equip planner and a bare implant setup planner. If you register there you can even save the setup and access it later on again.

What cannot be bought premade are the CompLit implants you may need for the NCU upgrade (belt + NCUs). If you want to save money on belt and NCU try to find someone camping you that stuff in either (or both) SoM/Steps of Madness and ToTW. Getting these belts on (225 CL) is not that easy at lower 20ies, but the memories (145 CL iirc) work quite nicely.
Ar1z wrote:I was planing to make a toon around the SoM Assault rifle. I haven't completed it yet but hereis a link to my planned config. In order to keep the rifle out of OE without osb, I calculated a level requirement of 28.
If you don't need the Strength boost from the Gripper I would strongly suggest going with a normal implant, because right arm buffs Assault Rifle shiny (i.e. you lack 55 AR skill from using Gripper instead). The damage boost from these 55 more AR skill is about the same as the Gripper, btw. (in average). I know that froob soldiers can use the Neutrino Flash at subway levels at 100% selfbuffed with twinking.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed May 05, 2010 9:19 am

Sferykal wrote:
Ar1z wrote:I was planing to make a toon around the SoM Assault rifle. I haven't completed it yet but hereis a link to my planned config. In order to keep the rifle out of OE without osb, I calculated a level requirement of 28.
If you don't need the Strength boost from the Gripper I would strongly suggest going with a normal implant, because right arm buffs Assault Rifle shiny (i.e. you lack 55 AR skill from using Gripper instead). The damage boost from these 55 more AR skill is about the same as the Gripper, btw. (in average). I know that froob soldiers can use the Neutrino Flash at subway levels at 100% selfbuffed with twinking.
I always considered the gripper to be superior because of its effect on specials like Burst or other multiplier-type specials that make any +Damage really shine. Considering the Neutrino has a decent Burst cycle, the AR loss may be balanced out by a bigger bang.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed May 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Tarradax wrote:I always considered the gripper to be superior because of its effect on specials like Burst or other multiplier-type specials that make any +Damage really shine. Considering the Neutrino has a decent Burst cycle, the AR loss may be balanced out by a bigger bang.
I understand where the Gripper usage comes from. Personally I would go with more AR, +55 AR at that level makes a big difference in terms of total AR, and, considering 0 ACs, yields about the same damage add. Yes, I always was (and still am in a way) an attack rating junky :D

If you want to keep the weapon out of OE at lower levels, Gripper is a no-go. Same goes for getting a Neutrino on the "cheap" way, at least for the actual equipping step. Everything else ... pick your evil. :)