Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

Post by Firnagzen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:07 am

Found a fairly awesome weapon for really lowbies...

BBI Ranged Restraint Carbine (Joith gun)

Rollable.

(Look at the burst cycle!!)

(It's like a lower Neutrino Flash! With muuuuuuuuuccccccccccch lower reqs!)

(Only thing is the rather odd nano programming requirement, but oh well.)

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:28 am

it's also slow as hell and has only 6 bullets. (but does good damage at ... for example lvl 5 :)
mmorpg addiction... [1][2][3]

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 am

Firnagzen wrote:Found a fairly awesome weapon for really lowbies...

BBI Ranged Restraint Carbine (Joith gun)

Rollable.

(Look at the burst cycle!!)

(It's like a lower Neutrino Flash! With muuuuuuuuuccccccccccch lower reqs!)

(Only thing is the rather odd nano programming requirement, but oh well.)
Junker gun. 4s/2s attack/charge, 6 round magazine, 12m range, split-req with something no soldier should have any IP in... Can't see a use for it, honestly.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:05 am

works well for cleaning lvl1 hackers at ground raids with a lvl5. See? It has its uses.

MetalSlugIV
Flagged
Flagged
Location: All my toons are in RK2. I live in the greater Kansas City area

Post by MetalSlugIV » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 am

I put a bit of IP in Nano Programming to get my QL 14 Joith Gun Equipped... then I got someone to buff my NP so I could equip a QL 19 version. Did I make a mistake in spending the IP? The NP is only in the 30's so I don't think I'm too screwed am I?
Wiseoldtrox - level 101/6 Atrox Enforcer (Clan) (Main)
Bloodydove17- level 76/6 Solitus Keeper (Clan) (Alt)
Fixman17 - level 35/1 Opifex Fixer (Clan) (Alt)
Gunman17 - level 24/1 Solitus Soldier (Clan) (Alt)

"He's like a bear! He's like a big shaved bear that hates people!"

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 am

MetalSlugIV wrote:I put a bit of IP in Nano Programming to get my QL 14 Joith Gun Equipped... then I got someone to buff my NP so I could equip a QL 19 version. Did I make a mistake in spending the IP? The NP is only in the 30's so I don't think I'm too screwed am I?
Best is, you reroll.

Now, seriously, don't. The IP you spent into NP is nothing in the long run, don't even consider wasting a reset point to get these points back once you've outgrown the lowbie-BFG. Just don't increase it anymore aside of using equipment; there are other more important skills waiting to eat your precious IP :D

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:54 am

well, I think you can self that gun with just a bright NP cluster in eye and a omni Tradeskill library (+15 NP). and if still short, just get a +92 NP buff from some MP.
No need to raise IP for it at all ;) just use it to lvl to ~15-20 before you twink the neutrino.

MetalSlugIV
Flagged
Flagged
Location: All my toons are in RK2. I live in the greater Kansas City area

Post by MetalSlugIV » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:27 am

Sferykal wrote: Best is, you reroll.

Now, seriously, don't. The IP you spent into NP is nothing in the long run, don't even consider wasting a reset point to get these points back once you've outgrown the lowbie-BFG. Just don't increase it anymore aside of using equipment; there are other more important skills waiting to eat your precious IP :D
What do you mean "reroll" as in restart with a fresh character? :(
Wiseoldtrox - level 101/6 Atrox Enforcer (Clan) (Main)
Bloodydove17- level 76/6 Solitus Keeper (Clan) (Alt)
Fixman17 - level 35/1 Opifex Fixer (Clan) (Alt)
Gunman17 - level 24/1 Solitus Soldier (Clan) (Alt)

"He's like a bear! He's like a big shaved bear that hates people!"

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:40 pm

MetalSlugIV wrote:
Sferykal wrote: Best is, you reroll.

What do you mean "reroll" as in restart with a fresh character? :(
Exactly what that means. Start over.
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:18 am

They might be a bit too critical though. It's just 1 reset anyways. If you make no more mistakes, it's okay. Just - as a soldier, you may have to reset weaponlines more than once during lvling, because there is hardly a consistent line of weaps that is good for all lvls.

(like at low lvl it's mainly AR/burst weaps, at mid TL3 AR/RE/burst, at TL4-5 mainly SMG/burst or Shotgun/pistol/burst/fling/multiranged or AR/(RE)/burst/fling or AR/burst/fA, and highend AR/burst/FA or SMG/burst). For experiments, you might want to have a few reset points ready ;)

Tharbots
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tharbots » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 pm

I started a soldier reently and went with AR FA Burst and was wondering if ot racho's are shop buyable or rollable I'm using a ql20 subturbine right now at lvl 11. Also if a gun has ar and smg will the ar cap be lower?

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Tharbots wrote:I started a soldier reently and went with AR FA Burst and was wondering if ot racho's are shop buyable or rollable I'm using a ql20 subturbine right now at lvl 11. Also if a gun has ar and smg will the ar cap be lower?
Hmm, I bet you've leveled quite a bit by now. I guess OT Ranchos are rollable, dunno about these being avaiable in a store. They are pretty slow and their damage output leaves room for improvement. I'm a bit too tired right now to put a list of suitable guns together, XCI-52 (no FA nor Burst, though, but fast), BBI Gyro (perfect fit, faster, with higher damage than OT Ranchos, but maybe harder to obtain), and sooner than later Neutrino Flash from Steps of Madness come to my mind right now.

I have not yet looked at how the MBS of guns behaves in regard to their split AR requirements, if you mean that as "ar cap" (MBS = max beneficial skill aka the max. attack rating which is counted for damage calculations). If you mean how your attack rating is calculated, then yes, it's most likely lower, because instead of just one there are two skills influencing the final attack rating. For example, with 600 Assault Rifle and 300 SMG, and a ratio of ~67% AR + ~33% SMG (see weapon description/info for the split %) you get a "final" attack rating of 600*67% + 300*33% = ~400 + ~100 = ~500 attack rating.

Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Crabface » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:21 pm

My soldier is in the low 70s right now, and I'm pretty unimpressed with the Hellspinner, but maybe I was just spoiled by the Neutrino's awesomeness. The burst cycle is nearly a minute (vs. around 17 seconds with the Neutrino) the full auto cycle is well over 3 minutes, and I have to go full agg (no TIM scope right now) to get it to fire at a decent speed, whereas I can easily go 50% aggdef and cap the Neutrino's speed. I've been using the Hellspinner to hit a mob with full auto right off the bat, then swapping to the neutrino for burst and normal shots.

I can definitely see how some people would use the Neutrino until the early 100s. The MBS certainly allows for it.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 am

Crabface wrote:My soldier is in the low 70s right now, and I'm pretty unimpressed with the Hellspinner, but maybe I was just spoiled by the Neutrino's awesomeness. The burst cycle is nearly a minute (vs. around 17 seconds with the Neutrino) the full auto cycle is well over 3 minutes, and I have to go full agg (no TIM scope right now) to get it to fire at a decent speed, whereas I can easily go 50% aggdef and cap the Neutrino's speed. I've been using the Hellspinner to hit a mob with full auto right off the bat, then swapping to the neutrino for burst and normal shots.

I can definitely see how some people would use the Neutrino until the early 100s. The MBS certainly allows for it.
As said elsewhere already, the Neutrino Flash is overpowered :) Anyway, I'm sure my soldier would have ODed all the mid-to-high TL3s running around with a Neutrino Flash; in return she wasn't really capable of soloing (IPs and other issues), but that didn't matter, being teamed all the time for leveling. The big problem is the lack of really viable alternatives at that level; Hellfury is total and utter crap, Hellspinner is ok-ish, but not really outstanding, BBI Gyro maybe working, but I doubt it will give the "cool!" effect, either. Leaves turn spirits for sided players, with their own problems, and Inner Circle kinda suffers for the very same reason. Maybe XCI-52, but that steps a bit out of the line with Flingshot special, or adding the dreaded RE and go with Div9.

Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Crabface » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:10 am

Then there is only one thing to do.

IP reset and dual Electronicums.