Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

osrenan
Rookie
Rookie

Ultimate Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List?

Post by osrenan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Ok. Im kinda new to the game, but got some knowledge by now (main lvl 100, created in 2007) mainly because of all the buffing/implanting i had to do to get this QL 110 Flamethrower - 008 on. Was attracted to it by: (i know that this weapon can still be upgraded to have burst, bigger clip, do more dmg)

1: Tired to hear that Division 9 Sucks/That my DMG with the Hellspinner was too sucky for a lvl 100 <- current level
2: Lack of Full Auto (not saying a gun without it can't be good, just liked to experiment it on Hellspinner (normal one)
3: After LOTS of research, it seemed that all fr00b soldier weapons DID suck. so i was like...Well, lets try this one cuz its newer, maybe it works.
4: Apparently has a much faster recharge than hellspinner
5: Same line of Reqs/Specials i wanted + Nice dmg type/defensive skill (fire/duck exp)

RESULT:

1: Very fast attack (1/1?), but sucky dmg (500ish with HSpinner/300ish with this)
2: Nice FA indeed (usualy 3.3Kish of dmg. even through Hspin was able to do that, it was more rarely)
3: Haven't tried full upgraded version (QL 110 Flamethrower - C0C) yet, cant say much.
4: Yes, it has, but its like 1:30 min while i don't even remember the last time i was able to FA with the hellspinner ^^ but it isn't good either. u_u[
5: Well...Nothing to say bout that.

Soo...What i came here for?A
Beast-Weapon-For-Level-xxx-to-xxx-Froob-Soldier-List. I don't want the mess i saw on other places, and i would prefer to have all the weapons following the line of AR/Burst/FA. I don't want the cheapest weapons on RK, nor the über expensive ones...have some Millions to spend but not much.

Would like some advice on if i should continue upgrading this weapon i got or throw it out (almost done that already ^^)

Please, enlighten my path, someone! I'm almost thinking about becoming a paid member >.<

Oh, and a LVL 100 soldier weapon shouldn't be comparable with the Hspinner should it?

Let me start:
LVL 1-71 = ???
LVL 71-95ish? = Hellspinner shock cannon (drops from Inferno in Cyborg barracks)
LVL 100ish-200 = ???

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:35 pm

1-15ish - Solar AR.
15ish - 71 = Neutrino Flash. Assault rifle, no FA but awesome burst and overall a nice piece of gear.

Beyond that it's up to you, but just so you know - There's a terrible lack of "Pure" AR weaps at the mid range for fr00bs. You can search around here for ideas, but there's a terrible shortage of gear.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Tarradax wrote:1-15ish - Solar AR.
15ish - 71 = Neutrino Flash. Assault rifle, no FA but awesome burst and overall a nice piece of gear.

Beyond that it's up to you, but just so you know - There's a terrible lack of "Pure" AR weaps at the mid range for fr00bs. You can search around here for ideas, but there's a terrible shortage of gear.
The Inner Circle Flamer is nice. Too bad it's NoDrop and only found in mission chests as loot.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

osrenan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by osrenan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Still wanting to know if i should keep this ar im upgrading and is the Neutrino useable till lvl 71? o.0 never used it anyways...Besides of that the list currentily is:

LVL 1-15ish: Solar AR (Soldiers Startup Weapon)
LVL 15ish-71: Neutrino Flash (Drops from Notum Habit in Steps of Madness)
LVL 71-95ish?: Hellspinner shock cannon (drops from Prototype Inferno in Cyborg barracks)
LVL 95ish-200: ???

Halp! Felleing really gimped!
Anyways, if there is some OMFUG uber RE+AR Weapon, fell free to point that, i just wanna keep the line cuz we don't have an infinite amount of Reset Points =) (and of course cuz 1 atack skill seems to be better than 2)

This thing seems to be getting quite nice, lets keep going ppl.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:22 pm

osrenan wrote:Halp! Felleing really gimped!
Anyways, if there is some OMFUG uber RE+AR Weapon, fell free to point that, i just wanna keep the line cuz we don't have an infinite amount of Reset Points =) (and of course cuz 1 atack skill seems to be better than 2)

This thing seems to be getting quite nice, lets keep going ppl.
There's the holy trinity of AR+RE guns:
Division 9 Plasmaprojector, Nova Flow Mk IV and of course Nophex Plasma Destroyer. You can use the Nova Mk4 as a leveling gun since it comes in all QLs.

They're all AR + RE but have only Fling and/or Burst as specials. If you want FullAuto, I tested out the Frederickson Cumulus model II and had some interesting results with ~1200 FA on a 200 Bartender. Cycle speed isn't awful but leaves something to be desired (Btw, Clan Variant). Still a very high-damage FA (And with just fr00b-friendly +Damage stuff since I use Energy Sabas on my soldier).

Then there's the Boosted and Augmented Hellfury, again only one attack skill but also only one (If very fast) special - Level caps, though, so it's a more endgame weapon.

There's also the Turn Spirit assault rifle with a mean FA punch, but price is on the extreme side of things so let's leave that one alone.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Reken
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Reken » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:25 am

I used Nophex II Tarra mentioned from 105 to 125ish when I got ql196 Inner Circle Strategic on. Nophex is a great weapon, only bad thing in it is the split reqs, and RE clashes evilly with other useful clusters.
ICSF is, in my opinion, the best froob assault rifle for most of the situations (Hellfury is better for raids like HI and Mercs cause of the way better min damage). If you can find a high-ql one (ql190+, I'd say), it's definitely worth using.
Other than that, expansions give tons of really nice stuff to soldiers, if you can stand the whining of ex-lovechilds cause we can actually hit them now. =P
Reken - Kitesfear - Falsemetal

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:03 am

Reken wrote:if you can stand the whining of ex-lovechilds cause we can actually hit them now. =P
*appears out of nowhere with a trace of fire and explosions behind him*
Miss me?
*breaks reken's nose and grids out leaving a note reading "Look up! P.S. You suck."*
*A trader and NT are standing there who were apparently chasing the fixer...*
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

osrenan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by osrenan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Oh well...The list seems to be getting really confused now, but by the data u guys offered, i think this is a good list:

Pure AR (Don't destroy your implants)

LVL 1-15ish: Solar AR (Soldiers Startup Weapon) - Burst and Fling Shot
LVL 15ish-??: Neutrino Flash (Drops from Notum Habit in Steps of Madness) - Burst only (but aparentily a VERY fast one now that it has been unnerfed)
LVL ??-70: ???
LVL 71-95ish?: Hellspinner Shock Cannon (drops from Prototype Inferno in Cyborg barracks) - Burst and Full Auto (Bad Cycles but...Still very good at this levels)
LVL 95ish-174: ???
LVL 175-189: Boosted Hellfury/Hellspinner <- Really, Your Choice (Guide) - Burst/Burst and Full Auto (Faster burst for Hellfury ofc)
LVL 190-200: Augmented Helfury/Hellspinner <- Again, Your Choice (same guide) - Same specials.

AR & RE (More Weapons to choose, seems funcom doomed us froobs with this =/)

LVL 15ish-199: Division 9 Plasma Projector/Nova Flow MKIV =)
LVL 200: Nophex Plasma Destroyer II

Well, not really only those, but they are the ones u will want to stick with =/ (/me hides before the rain of alternative weapons)

Keep going guys, this may get useful, i know that there are more Pure ARs at endgame, please point me those =)

Still...
What about the Flamethrower C0C? Really shity or useable?
Till when is the Neutrino Flash good to use?
What about the Pure AR gaps up there?
Somebody please correct my AR & RE list.

sayonora
Skilled
Skilled

Post by sayonora » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:10 am

ok lets see....if I were you i would be using only 3 guns from level 71 to 175:
1: Hellspinner till 90
2: MTI Cineration levle 90-120 (it rox your a** boyo :D )
3: 120-175: ql 200 Inner flamer strategic. A bit hard to get, but my soldier is doing 8K full autos with a ql 160....
Sayonora, level 183 advy froob, member of harmony
Error404, level 165 trader, member of Athen Paladins
Cachmeifucan, level 135 fixer, member of Athen Paladins
Jitsuryioku tl4 pierc enfo
Antiheroo level 175 Martial Artist, Member of Harmony
a 17x soldier, Member of Athen paladins
Antisayo, lvl 9 soldier twink, President of We Hate Sayo
Fatalerror was born July 4th, 2005

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:05 pm

The 000 - C0C series of weapons are rebadged AI weapons. These do 70% of the damage of the damage until the final upgrade when they do 80%. Best guess these weapons are aimed for those froobs that accepted the budget sloob option and needed some sort of weapon with respectable min dmg. I have yet to see an option where they perform better than the existing froob weapons for froob play.

The neutrino flash is good for quite a long time. Think of it as a ranged styg - and you see people clinging to that sucker well into the 100's... :wink:
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

osrenan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by osrenan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Bout the C0C, I've betrayed u guys...An org mate Found a 173 Div 9 for 100k on GMS. Couldn't resist =/. But if i one day find an ICEF...I'll definitively come back to Pure AR! Dumb 000-C0C line...if at least the reqs where less bitchy

Bout the list, Looks like we completed our pure AR \o/, will link all weaps with auno DB
The fact that theres a low available and a NODROP chest loot gun kinda bothers me...fell free to give your suggestion!

LVL 1-15ish: Solar-Powered Assault Rifle (Soldiers Startup Weapon) - Burst and Fling Shot
LVL 15ish-70: Neutrino Flash (Drops from Notum Habit in Steps of Madness) - Burst only (but apparently a VERY fast one now that it has been unnerfed - Ranged Styg?)
LVL 71-95ish: Hellspinner Shock Cannon (drops from Prototype Inferno in Cyborg barracks) - Burst and Full Auto (Bad Cycles but...Still very good at this levels)
LVL 95ish-120ish: MTI F-88 Cineration (Dyna Loot?) - Fling Shot & Burst (apparently very nice cycle) (Goes to QL 175 <-Champion Version)
LVL 120ish-174 (if you are the luckiest soldier in the world): Inner Circle Strategic Flamer (Chest Loot, NODROP) - Burst and Full Auto (What a burst cycle! And it buffs intel...craziness)
LVL 175-189: Boosted Hellfury/Hellspinner <- Really, Your Choice (Guide) - Burst/Burst and Full Auto (Faster burst for Hellfury ofc)
LVL 190-200: Augmented Helfury/Hellspinner <- Again, Your Choice (Same guide) - Same specials.

AR & RE (Easier to find and they perfom greatly (when it comes down to destroy your implants too) seems funcom doomed us froobs with this =/)

Since the list isn't completed yet, im not adding the links...(Ok, im too lazy for this)

LVL 200: Nophex Plasma Destroyer II [/url]

Now we have quite a nice soldier weapon life cycle guide here...But we still could use more suggestions, keep going guys!
RK1:
RRFhcBR = Level 100 Soldier
RRFengi = Level 24 engineer
Applicant (u_u) of (AoD)
Clanner 4Life!

Vitman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vitman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:19 am

osrenan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by osrenan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Added the Gyro Gun, but is the seburo really any good?

LVL 1-15ish: Solar-Powered Assault Rifle (Soldiers Startup Weapon) - Burst and Fling Shot
LVL 15ish-70: Neutrino Flash (Drops from Notum Habit in Steps of Madness) - Burst only (but apparently a VERY fast one now that it has been unnerfed - Ranged Styg?)
LVL 71-95ish: Hellspinner Shock Cannon (drops from Prototype Inferno in Cyborg barracks) - Burst and Full Auto (Bad Cycles but still very good at this levels)
LVL 95ish-120ish: MTI F-88 Cineration (Dyna Loot?) - Fling Shot & Burst (apparently very nice cycle) (Goes to QL 175 <-Champion Version)
LVL 120ish-174 (if you are the luckiest soldier in the world): Inner Circle Strategic Flamer (Chest Loot, NODROP) - Burst and Full Auto (What a burst cycle! And it buffs intel...craziness)
Alternatively:
LVL 95ish-174: BBI Gyro Guns - Burst and Full Auto (Decent Cycles)

LVL 190-200: Augmented Helfury/Hellspinner <- Again, Your Choice (Same guide) - Same specials.

AR & RE (Easier to find and they perfom greatly (when it comes down to destroy your implants too) seems funcom doomed us froobs with this =/)

Since the list isn't completed yet, im not adding the links...(Ok, im too lazy for this)

LVL 200: Nophex Plasma Destroyer II

Can always use more ideas ;)
Last edited by osrenan on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RK1:
RRFhcBR = Level 100 Soldier
RRFengi = Level 24 engineer
Applicant (u_u) of (AoD)
Clanner 4Life!

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:01 am

I'd never use the BBI after QL 80'ish. the recharge just gets too high, and the new SoM drop seems better overall
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:16 am

Don't forget spastic assault rifle. It's nodrop, the turnspirit is damn hard to get (the inamorata assault rifle for it as well), and has superslow atk speed. But it has by far the fastest FA recharge of all froob friendly ARs.

A lvl200 solja can self a QL175ish at best, and would have around 34s FA recharge. That's quite something.
mmorpg addiction... [1][2][3]