Data on SoFC

Nymex
Hardened
Hardened

Data on SoFC

Post by Nymex » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:00 pm

While shades obviously have nothing to do with froobs.. I figure this is the best place here to post on this subject. I'm trying to gather information in advance on the Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies. Considering many shades hotswap the spear for various PvP tactics, and I know some paid folk still lurk about here, I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what the lowest possible QL is of this weapon. I've asked some people in game, but I personally don't know many shades, and a few odd MA's I've spoken with that use the Spear tell me conflicting answers, one says he thinks 220, another 240.. and the database shows them as low as 200, but obviously the database is not always correct with what is actually in-game. Any information on this would be fantastic, thanks :)
RK-1
Nodephreak - L200 Omni Fixer / Pricecut - L200 Omni Piercing Trader / Rhodesian - L200 Neutral Pistol Adventurer / Sonicspeaker L167 Neutral Shotgun Crat
...and the list goes on...

Atilise
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Atilise » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm

QL 260 is lowest you will find, not seen lower than that, despite the rumors, if any under QL 260 dropped expect to pay 2BL+

Murskain
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Data on SoFC

Post by Murskain » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:36 pm

I think i saw someone posting QL240ish recently, but i have no way to confirm that.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 am

I own a 248 so that's the lowest I can verify. Going to assume 240 is the lowest possible QL, like all the weapons in the series.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:43 pm

No, it isn't in the same set of weapons as the Sword of Wonder/Scim of Spetzes/SMG/etc... According to Auno, the SoFC theoretically can run from ql 200 to 300.

However, it drops from Inferno Catacombs bosses, which greatly limits the effective QL in which it will drop.

If you want to experiment, you could possibly go and farm the catacombs bosses in Adonis and/or Penumbra for a while, see if any of them would drop it at a lower QL. It's apparently got a really low droprate, though, and I don't even know if it would show up there, so...

*shrug*
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Nymex
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Nymex » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Apparently there was a point when the SoFC was NODROP only, so I've been told, and during this time they did drop at QL's below 260. Also from what I've been told and researched, it seems highly unlikely that new YESDROP spears drop below QL260. I can't confirm this of course due to my froobliness, so if anyone has more information on this do tell, knowledge is good. Although I'm no longer hoping for lower than QL260 spears to exist, as I recently squeezed on a QL262 I was given as a gift when my fixer hit 200, on to my trader (@197 >.< ). Now if only they'd sell a replica Blood Soaked Cloak in the Items Store so my little froobshade could look the part. 8)
RK-1
Nodephreak - L200 Omni Fixer / Pricecut - L200 Omni Piercing Trader / Rhodesian - L200 Neutral Pistol Adventurer / Sonicspeaker L167 Neutral Shotgun Crat
...and the list goes on...

Gunpowder
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gunpowder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 am

Jondera1 wrote:No, it isn't in the same set of weapons as the Sword of Wonder/Scim of Spetzes/SMG/etc... According to Auno, the SoFC theoretically can run from ql 200 to 300.

However, it drops from Inferno Catacombs bosses, which greatly limits the effective QL in which it will drop.

If you want to experiment, you could possibly go and farm the catacombs bosses in Adonis and/or Penumbra for a while, see if any of them would drop it at a lower QL. It's apparently got a really low droprate, though, and I don't even know if it would show up there, so...

*shrug*
Had 1 pretty low drop years ago of the Adonis Catacombs Miniboss just before the Main-Bossroom , never saw it drop again inside ado/pen since then , the droprate mußt be horribly low .

Lilinette
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Lilinette » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:27 pm

SoFC does not drop in QLs lower than 260 anymore.