Backstab?

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Backstab?

Post by Pumpkinguy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Ok, I have well over 100 sneak attack base skill on my shade, but I cant find the backstab attack. Other articles say to go back tot eh old GU/i but now that cannot be done. How do I get my backstab!?
My mind... will destroy you.

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I thought backstab wasn't enable until you get much higher sneak attack than 100. I thought it was around 300 or something like that....again, can't be totally sure on that, just going off what little I can recall reading nearly a year ago.

now that I think about it, maybe it's 300 for non-shades and 100 for shades.

if your looking for the icon though, if it's enabled it should show up in the control panel. I don't recall the exact number but ctrl + one of the number keys should open up the control panel if you have a new GUI...if you have the default GUI I think you can click on the actions button to find the control panel.

Tobias
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Tobias » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 pm

For shades:
The skill levels are: (BASE Skill in Sneak attack).
Enabled: 100
Multipler: 235
Crit bonus: 420

You have to get above these levels for it to take affect.
You will also have to use a weapon capable of Sneak Attack.
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... did=178344

For adventurers (only these two get backstab, no one else):
Adventurer
Enabled: 340
Damage Multipliers: 540
Critical Increase: 625

These are unbuffed and unimplanted values.
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=352617

EDIT: Oh, sorry, almost forgot. To open the ACTIONS window press control + 2. The icon for backstab will be there and you can drag it to a hotkey bar.

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:51 am

Ah thanks tobias...I knew it was 300 something for some profession. Just couldn't remember if that was for shade too.

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks a ton guys!

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 am

Umm, I cant find the Backstab Icons in the Attack or Normal actions menus, but I haven't tried control panel yet, as i just got on for a second Im not at home.

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:20 pm

I think actually you need 101 sneak atk skill, same as my adv needed 341 to gain the stab.
mmorpg addiction... [1][2][3]

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Keep in mind that it's BASE skill and not buffed. Before any trickle from ability buffs.
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Damnit! For some reason my base skill is only 99! I was sure it was 101! Ah, but I did know that it was before any kind of add to it so I guess i wasnt paying very good attention.

Terri19047
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Backstab?

Post by Terri19047 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:40 am

Apologies for necroing this post, but my question is related to the Sneak Attack/Backstab ability.

As a Shade, would I also have to work on bringing my Concealment skills up to work with the Back Stab/Sneak Attack ability? Using the option to auto pout IP points into my skills, Concealment is never touched, which I find odd.

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Fri May 08, 2015 4:44 pm

been a while myself and just reactivated my SLOOB account, so I started a shade, not going to strt playing one in it's 60's and find myself rezing & recouping all the time

but not sure, but I used sneak attack without using sneak/Hide .. and got the hit.
Later that wasn't happening once I was in my 20's, so I upped my concealment and every once a while I do, but I think my sneak attack is also used as a Backstab, at least working like it's a sneak attack without Sneak/Hide first

It wouldn't hurt much to add to concealment, but while in a team you're going to be placing yourself to back stab

again remember it's been a while for me (2006 last played a Shade), and I'm just saying what I have learned on my own from the past 2 days, so I could have had just a freak happening.

the pop up sez sneak attack, not backstab, and that's without hide/sneak, but I am behind them like a backstab

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Sat May 09, 2015 5:53 pm

still awaiting approval for first post and cannot recall all that I said in the earlier replay, but I know I said something about it wouldn't hurt.
after some leveling and reading, really don't need points in Concealment , I've been able to get sneak attack with out the use of sneak/hide.
I do have some points into concealment. I may reset those points , and spend them else where

Alangar
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alangar » Mon May 11, 2015 12:26 am

You don't need concealment if you run and hit sneak attack fast enough before the mob sense your presence.
I would skill concealment if I have some spare IP. It is usefull if someone hit the mob first and you still want to use sneak attack.
And backstab is different as you can use it only if the mob is fighting somebody else and you are behind the target.
So if somebody pulls a mob you can hide and wait until the mob has run past you and then hit it with sneak attack and backstab :D