Sneak Attack

lpx
Elite
Elite

Sneak Attack

Post by lpx » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:56 pm

im thinking of resetting my one mp to pericing and going with rapiers (ya i know all the skills are high cost on mp's)

anyhow one question i have is sneak attack and i figure shade section woudl be best place to ask.

1. what does it cap at? 13K?
2. how does it work? is it calculated the same as AS?
3. can be it be dodged? i know AS always lands.
4. any other info/advice you can give me on Sneak Attack

keep in mind this would be a MP not a shade if there is anything specific related to shade.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC

tweek
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by tweek » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:52 am

1: 13k cap
2: it is the same as as but checks vs acs every 95(?) sneak lets you get a chanch at a x1 multiplier
3: cant dodge it

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Sneak Attack

Post by Tarradax » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:35 am

lpx wrote:4. any other info/advice you can give me on Sneak Attack
"Don't use it on a MP" - How's that for advice? Seriously though. To land it in PvP for a decent amount, you need to have a very high sneak attack skill... And while you can get a free ~400pt AS boost from a scope, SA isn't the case.

To make it stick in PvM on a MP is also somewhat... Tricky. You'll need to actually SA the mob before it gets to see you - You can get around that by sending in the pets first, but then when you SA... Instant aggro. Even on an Atrox MP, taking a serious pounding isn't a good idea, and I doubt your pets will be able to pinch aggro off you fast enough.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:38 am

tweek wrote:1: 13k cap
2: it is the same as as but checks vs acs every 95(?) sneak lets you get a chanch at a x1 multiplier
3: cant dodge it
how is it calculated btw? is it same as AS 90pts = one more multiplier?
i've gotten x1 with AS before

btw i already reset last night.. it was a rash move hope it pays off it was my bow mp i reset im going to get a deck range increaser and use my nukes for ranged attacks and rapiers for close combat.. im hoping it works out.

in any event rapiers look dead sexy, i had to give up a faded cluster so my AR will be arpox 40pts lower :(

once i get full reperked and up and running i'll write up a full report on my experice bow vs rapier.. should be about 2weeks.

keep the sneak attack advice.. or advice in general coming i can use any you all might have.

primary reason for switching is i would never have gotten my bow 1/1 with rapiers it will be cake cause it's already 1/1 can set def back very easy.

playing on full agg with a bow just murders your evades.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of traffic with regards to the download of the Lost Eden Expansion Pack. We are working to increase the number of download sites available. However, at this time please wait a few moments and then reattempt the download.
FU FC