Shade Guide

Kaybok
Amateur
Amateur

Shade Guide

Post by Kaybok » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:12 pm

Even tho Froobs can't play shades here's the guide in case you want to in the future.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=286388

ENJOY!!!
Member of R.U.R. = Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
Putting the Art in Artificial

Toons on RB-1
MoonBear- Trader - President of Protectors of Rubi-ka (P.o.R.K.)
Belarus- (Shade Company) Webmaster of Ao Shades http://ao-shades.zapto.org/

ath0
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ath0 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:18 pm

For what it's worth, it's possible to play a shade for one week with a free Shadowlands trial. :)
Yvette Nihan Ceaucoche

Kaybok
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kaybok » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:44 pm

ath0 wrote:For what it's worth, it's possible to play a shade for one week with a free Shadowlands trial. :)
OH? hmm well that just gets ya a teaser feeling and not really fun.

at least thats the way I see it, If i'm gonna upgrade I'm gonna upgrade.
Member of R.U.R. = Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
Putting the Art in Artificial

Toons on RB-1
MoonBear- Trader - President of Protectors of Rubi-ka (P.o.R.K.)
Belarus- (Shade Company) Webmaster of Ao Shades http://ao-shades.zapto.org/

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Ok I have read through some of the guides in this thread but its not really that clear what weapon options are best....at the moment I am lvl 41 and am using a compressed blade in one hand and a Sig IV in the other - I do this so I can use sneak attack, fast attack, brawl and dimach - mix them attacks with my perks and I have 1 full menu bar of attacks. But somehow I feel I should perhaps be using some of the more unique shade weapons, I know there are not that many shades out there but would be grateful if someone could perhaps give me some alternative suggestions on weapons set-up and where I would acquire the weapons.....thanks in advance :)
RK1
Venderim - Solitus Soldier. Lv 220 Equip
Vanderim - Atrox Enforcer. Lv 98
Minivend - Atrox Soldier. Lv 12
Vendadvy - Atrox Adventurer. Lv 110
Kickervend - Opifex MA. Lv 80

RK2
Vendkeep - Atrox Keeper Lv 6

ax_1225
Flagged
Flagged

Post by ax_1225 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:23 pm

I just love the alien rapiers. They look really cool and expensive. You can do alien raids or buy them from org shops. Under level 130 they are very rare and expensive but after that they are affordable.

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:27 am

Well Ax, don't get me wrong I really do appreciate the suggestion but perhaps I should have mentioned I actually don't have AI, just SL.....so if you have any suggestions for SL weaps or even good RK ones for lvl 40-60 I would be grateful :)
RK1

RK2

mpetmaster
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mpetmaster » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:36 am

Venderim, the dmg on the improved tango dirks is hard to beat at those levels, since you´re not doing bug hecks yet.
They are good to use in RK and on normal SL mobs (not hecks).

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:31 am

Get yourself a Krys Knife for your offhand. Not for the damage, for the specials.
Newland Fish Knives are pretty sweet blades, although a little hard to come by.
Tango Dirks and their improved versions are nice as well, and I'm pretty sure they're rollable.

But... Seeing how you do have SL... Go for the sided blades:
For the Unredeemed, there's the Inamorata Rapier.
For the Redeemed, the Sancrosanct Stiletto.
Either one can also be upgraded with a grey glyph to add specials, of course - and you can also apply a Turn Spirit of An-Bathel the Artful if you're Clan, or a Turn Spirit of the Tormentor for the Omni version.

Note that neuts can only use the non-turn spirit versions of the blades.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

ax_1225
Flagged
Flagged

Post by ax_1225 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:32 am

I had the same problem when I started my shade. Lots of weapons but none was spectacular. It seemed that I was going to use sigds mostly because they are easy to find.

Then I happened to be online when a random alien attack happened in Rome and I found an alien rapier and then found another one cheap for sale. After I used those I just couldn't use sigds anymore.

I started as a froob and Funcom always have promotions to upgrade for all expansions for free so I just had to wait for such a promotion when I decided to upgrade. I know that you sometimes can find the AI CD for cheap (under $5 online).

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am

Tarradax wrote:For the Redeemed, the Sancrosanct Stiletto.
Either one can also be upgraded with a grey glyph to add specials, of course - and you can also apply a Turn Spirit of An-Bathel the Artful if you're Clan.
These sound like the kind of thing I am looking for, now not that I am too lazy to look it up (Its just difficult to find the exact info), but do you know where I would acquire both the dagger and the turn spirit? Also the grey glyphs - any grey glyph? I have found quite a few during my trips to SL but they have many different names.

Anyway thanks again to everyone for your suggestions, they are much appreciated :D and Ax, I quite agree the alien rapiers do look sooo cool, I will get round to upgrading to AI one day but find I still got a lot to learn with SL.
RK1

RK2

Tiimy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiimy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 am

At this time the best way, err, the cheapest way, to find the turn spirits is from other players. Buying them from the Yuttos is quite something of a Grab-bag. You no longer know which one you have until you open it. Costly.

Player shops are currently filled with the various Turn Spirits. Players seeking to recoup looses, and what not

Tiimy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiimy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:41 am

A great many young shades complain of poor damage, unfortunately this is often due to the weapons available to them, as Ax points out... Rapiers are the "IN" weps for us Shades. Not only is the damage very, very good, but the attack / recharge times are 1s / 1s. As a 188 Trox Shade, I've rarely been above full Defense in the last 100 levels, or so. Even with old style weapons. While it's rightly pointed out that our perks account for a significant percentage of our damage (Tiny Dumper generally counts my perks as yielding 24% of my damage, with Back Stab making up, on average, another 10%), this still leaves a good 60%, or so, in the hands of normal weapon hits.

Outside of special weapons such as Nippy, and Piercing Evil, to name two of the most popular, Rapiers remain our bread and butter. Allowing us to rock at Full Defense, and giving us excellent Min Damage vs. those High end AC beasts such as Hecklers.

If you are going to avoid AI, then, I would really recomend trying to get your hands on a Nippy, or a Piercing Evil. In lieu of Alien Weps, the Nippy can be equiped at about level 100, and, will simply out perform any Sigd, ITD, etc, all the way to 200, or, until you can get a Piercing Evil on, and then it will still provide an excellent off hand weapon.

The Nippy will set you back about 150 Mil. That's ALOT of RK missions, doing nothing but gleaning, or Bags and bags of parts, and pearls. Well worth it if you have absolutely no other option.

As I have never sought out the piercing Evil... I have no idea on acquiring it. In comparision, the Turn Spirits are NOT cheap either, and the Nippy would OD a Comparable Skill Req Sacrosanct, in SL by, Oh, a factor of 10.

Willucie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Willucie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:11 am

Ideal breed for a shade?
"Don't give us a train to handle!"
"But there's no tracks?"

Willucie; lvl53 Nanomage Agent Clan -- Metal Mayhem
Ronachal; lvl10 Solitus Agent Clan -- Metal Mayhem

Gridborn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Gridborn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:19 am

Opifex...but I'm sure someone will disagree...such is the way of the 'best breed' debate.

FYI, I'm not pulling this opinion out of my arse...I played an opi shade for 2 years.

Willucie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Willucie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am

Jolly good, I'll give it a try.
"Don't give us a train to handle!"
"But there's no tracks?"

Willucie; lvl53 Nanomage Agent Clan -- Metal Mayhem
Ronachal; lvl10 Solitus Agent Clan -- Metal Mayhem