Froob shade

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Froob shade

Post by Lassssi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:19 am

To give some life to this part of forums.
Few years back once when I was using several instances of ao, one of them paid, closing ao instances, opening them again etc. and decided to create
a new char in one of the free accounts. To my surprise AO let the froob account choose shade as the playable profression. However the game crashed as
I was supposed to enter the starting area. In the ao client I could see that I had a lvl 1 shade in the froob account but whenever trying to play it, the game crashed.

So there you go, it was at least once possible to have froob shade. Was never able to reproduce it, so some kind of temporary glitch caused by several ao instances most likely.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Froob shade

Post by Briandmg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:47 am

Haxx0r!

For a moment there, I thought this was a discussion about viability of shade-like froobs. Like a piercing doc/MA or something. Ah good ol times :P

Would be great if we could roll shades though, even if we had no perks to play around with. Just throw in a few more nano lines and a perkless-shade would be on par with most other froob professions.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:02 am

Speaking of odd, old glitches; years and years ago, I actually lost faction as a froob. I was teamed with someone in SL at the time, and he killed something there, and I got a message about how my faction with whatever changed. Sure enough, if I open my faction window, I can still see it.

So it was at one point possible for froobs to lose/gain faction.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Matammyr wrote:So it was at one point possible for froobs to lose/gain faction.
Hunt down some of the Yuttos guarding Ergo on Rubi-Ka now, watch your faction standings change.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

stodge
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stodge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 am

I've discovered only recently how to be able to have a level1 character with available ips at the very start!!! =D> at least for just 10 seconds before you speak with the NPC you can be OP :laughing6: