Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

AOFroobs.com • View topic - Shade Guide

Shade Guide

Postby Tarradax on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am

The general consensus is "Opi PvM" and "Atrox PvP", which mostly holds true in my experience. You see the oddball solitus or nanomeat shade, but they're a negligible percentage or utter n00bies.

Personally, I played Opi for a while, didn't like it, went trox, liked it more.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link
Tarradax
Wordbearer

Postby IvorBig'un on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:44 pm

atrox for sure in pvp but only for quick gank and run, for pvm i thnk solitus wins it since has the heal perk "survival"

i started as opi then rerolled soli to get the 2 sec nano delta , you can as an opi but its not so easy to get
IvorBig'un
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tarradax on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:18 am

IvorBig'un wrote:atrox for sure in pvp but only for quick gank and run, for pvm i thnk solitus wins it since has the heal perk "survival"

i started as opi then rerolled soli to get the 2 sec nano delta , you can as an opi but its not so easy to get

Why on earth would you even TRY getting a 2s nano delta on a shade? You have a grand total of ONE combat nano (Which is mostly useless anyway), buffs that last for hours, and perks that leech HP and NP off your enemies.

As for Survival... 3k heal over 30s is totally not worth the 10pts in Soli Beta. Only reason you'd go Soli is Tacky Hack, which is not too useful for shades since you can spend a little on Spatial and get pretty similar results, or just go NR and win by default.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link
Tarradax
Wordbearer

Postby IvorBig'un on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:13 am

oops was meant to write heal delta
and the 3k maybe crappy if your an enfo but a prof like shade with low hp and dont get hit too often it will save your life quite often
IvorBig'un
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Shade Guide

Postby Xaat on Sun May 31, 2015 4:48 pm

I have a Sloob Shade, and currently using Fear-forged Blade , still looking for what I would use next (using this guide for reference) , I'm wondering how long the fear-forged Blades are gong to last me, will they still be good until I can get my hands on Nippy John Stiletto, looks to me like I'll have gap till I can. (my issue may be getting the title level 4).

you think I will be able to just use the Fear-forged Blade, until the Nippy John Stiletto ? or should I look for something for in-between ?

@ the time of this post the Shade is 66, I'm sure tomorrow I'll be higher
current AR is 498, so it looks like I still have room till I reach max AR for the Fear-forged Blade, I kinda was thinking, as long as I was not capped on AR for the weapon they're still good to use, without worrying too much, or am I thinking wrong about the AR thing\

eta: a slight correction, I said title level 4 may be a issue, but what I was thinking that was specialization, actually things seem to have changed also , to the better in one way, looks like I might be able to get the Nippy's on sooner then I originally thought, but I need to get another 9 levels to get a better idea, I won't be able to Mult.Melee them right off.
if I happen to get the QL140's it just a level away, to have all requirements but Piercing (even after a 131), with QL140's I could be sporting nippy's by or just before level 80, but it depends if I hit any title caps for piercing, which I don't see can happen that soon.
It'll be close, but I'm hoping around 85-90 to be using Nippy John (this is saying I happen to acquire the 140's, would rather they be higher, just saying :wink: )
Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Previous

Return to Shade