150 Borgs Fixed

Tehdood
Rookie
Rookie

150 Borgs Fixed

Post by Tehdood » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:56 pm

These can no longer be kited like the used to. I am talking about the spot right near the Helipad in the back of the second base. The wall has been shifted around so now there is a huge hole. On top of that they seem to lose aggro more easily when you are not in sight of them and they can now "Jump" over the walls too.

I'm nearly 100 on my froob NT, since this spot is out now, anyone know any other good spots?

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 150 Borgs Fixed

Post by DocJones » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:19 am

Heyas,

sad to hear they nerfed it. You can try the south side of the base, there is a small exit where you can run in, pull a bunch and drag them outside to the plains (hope this works with their obviously lowered perception range). Typically, on the west side of the road there is a hill where all those fencesitters watch the yellow spam flowing in...

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm

If you mean the spot inside the eastern half of the northern base where there was a little 'U' shaped set of walls wherein it was possible to drag nearly all the borgs into and then stand by the back wall and nuke away while the borgs futilely run in place.

I consider the use of that spot a "sploit". I've seen many people use it -- several are my friends, but I still think that trapping the borgs in the geometry and then taking advantage of their their lack of AI to be out right exploiting, and I'm perfectly ok with FC fixing this one. Pull borgs out onto the Helipad or out to the flat area between the North and South camps and kite them proper.

At level 100, a froob might want some outside buffs to make the kiting easier: GSF from fixer, Lend Nano form Trader, MC/TS Mocham from MP, NCU buffs from Fixer to fit all that. If they out run you, then you might need to consider going back to borgs in Mort. If you completely deplete your nano before you finish off a pull of borgs, then you need to pace your nuking to allow your humidity extractor to refill your nano as you kite.

Of course my argument about a "proper kite" might be considered a joke, as Mastablasta thinks that all kiting is an exploit. I think he just doesn't know how to kite and is jealous. =P

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:31 am

Thank god he is'nt around here... his constant pickering is wearing me out
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~