Froob NT Endgame questions

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: Froob NT Endgame questions

Post by EDTA » Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 am

Well, there is much more places to get a few points. You might get them without knowing where they come from even :). Higher imps, towers, contracts, ... are a bunch of other examples. If you post a setup i can take a look myself ;).

Btw, you realize getting enough Full Auto for a Khan is a pain as well right?
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 pm

I already have a pair of Kaehler Uniform Sleeves. The 601 stamina needed for that might be a pain for a solitus, but I have a bunch of rings of endurance of variously high qls + imps and riot control and I should be ok for FA and Burst.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:57 am

Hey Edta, So here's my current configuration: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174841

I'm still waiting to get into a HI raid for mutated eremite legs, but I haven't managed to get my orgmates who have signed up to help on at the same time, and I've got a whole mess of stuff I still need to get before I try to upgrade my cloak.

I can't self cast Lick of the Pest, Visions of the Void, Living Codex of Izgimmer (need MP buffs to cast those) and I haven't found Izgimmer's Mockery yet, but I'm able to self everything else frooable (I didn't bother with all the top froobable single nukes. I mostly just use Izgimmer's Last Word and Resonance Blast. I have Candycane and Corruption of the Pest loaded if I need to do alternate damage.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:15 am

Nice :)!
I can't cast those nano's either. I suppose you can't cast Izgimmer's Transposed Restraints and Sunder Constraints either? Those kind of have high requirements and they are not that useful.. :P. Personally, I'm so focused on damage that I can't even cast Burden of Atlas and Advanced Fleeting Immunity. And my best blind is Photon Deflector.

Don't bother with using Izgimmer's Last Word, it's crappy damage: RB is waaaaaaaaaay better. Even if you would only use it as opener, you can cast RB twice during the recharge of ILW. ILW does averagely 6500 damage and RB averagely 4500 damage x2 = 9000. So you waste more than 10 sec casting it and you do less damage even with this cast time not taken into account...
CC and CoP are less damage than RB, but the best choices for alternatives.

And now for advice on your setup... A lot however depends on what you want to do with it. I'm afraid froob raiding on RK1 is not happening atm, but if you want you can prepare for it. What else is there... solo pvm and pvp I guess...
I'm just going to post some ideas for items so you know they exist and depening on what you want to do, you can make adjustments or not.

- Smuggled Nanite Merit Board Base -->should be better than your Clan tokenboard in some situations
- For your own buffs you should have enough NCU, but if you want to get a lot of buffs you should get some Spirit Infused Yuttos Modified NCU. If this is too much work/ too expensive/... you can easily improve those 64 NCU memories towards accelerated NCU memories for some extra nano init.
- I think AAD instead of nano delta in imps might be nice if you want to tank stuff.
RK2

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks, Edta. (A compliment from you is a compliment indeed.)

Yes, my best de-root is Rend Constraints (and I need to swap a ring for the SI). According to Auno, Izgimmer's Transposed Restraints is MC/TS requiring??? If so I could cast it if I ever found it.

As for ILW, I tend to use it on lowbie Dyna Bosses (~ lvl 50-60) which more or less results in one-shotting them. RB is pretty much my go-to single nuke. I'm waffling a bit between Kel's Neutronium Plaything and Volcanic Eruption. VE is much faster, but Kel's does a heck of a lot of damage. I was thinking I should probably get used to Kel's since after rebal, all AoE nukes will have really long recharges. Other nukes are just for variety. RB is awesome in teams. Nuke away and rarely get aggro.

Yes, I would eventually like to get some better NCU, but Yuttos mems are prohibitively expensive. With my entire savings, I think I can buy 1.5 - 2 of them. I only have 290 NCU, and need to swap in my Subs NCU ring to cast NS2.

The Smuggled Nanite Merit Board drops where again? It is a toss-up between that one and the HI board.

Up until 200, I've been a kiter. In fact, I still fall into old patterns of reverting to kiting even when I could easily stand my ground and tank. I've never thought of myself as a major damage dealer. I used to kill things via the slowly nibbling away at enemies philosophy.

At 200 I upgraded my QL 160-180ish implants and loaded up all the nanos I'd been slowly accumulating. Recently (having been invited to Desert Rider raid team) I'm surprised that I'm actually fairly competitive in terms of doing damage, but in teams, I'm used to being support. I debuff, crowd control, etc... That's why I'd like my setup to be as balanced as possible. My MC is only around 1050 which means my nukes will fail to land from time to time on high level mobs (over level 210 I think), but I'm ok with that.

I still find myself running out of nano. I wish there were more NCU options above 64. I had to give up a lot of NCU because I used to wear my NCU ring instead of the IS MC/TS ring, Hood of Wicked Inspiration instead of Lya's Sangli Sunglasses, the Hardcore CPU upgrade instead of another 64 NCU Memory, and I had a lot more Miy's Nano.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Once you have RB, NT can be the very top of froob damage.

You can save a lot on yuttos by buying the parts and having an org mate build them (With enough CL and the right key, people can buy noninfused yuttos for less than 10M each (ql doesn't matter, so lower is better/cheaper). The thingy to upgrade is like 6-7M. Final quality is defined by the skill and slider setting of the tradeskiller ;).

Smuggled Nanite Merit Board drops from dreadloch bosses (when sloobs kill those they might sell lootright or declare ffa on the boards).
RK2