Froob NT Endgame questions

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Froob NT Endgame questions

Post by Bowgie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Llie,

I have the same problem as you. I'm a solitus pistol Adventy using the 4/5 Illusionist Cloak. I believe it is POSSIBLE to get 730/730 Intel/Psych for the the 5/5 version, but I haven't done it either. Edta & Kas from Titlefiveplus gave me lots of good advice, but I just can't put it all together yet.

You mentioned Fly Catchers. That is absolute essential. (I've got a 262 Mir Nano in my head slot; which is great for wearing, but not good enough for buffing on an Illusionist 5/5 Coat.

I'm sure you're using VTE's in your shoulder slots.
You mention the two OET Manahara 25/25 buff pistols
Cyborg token board
Mir Nano Sleeves
Sekatuk armor for the other slots, check, check, double check.

There's also,
Mercs Chest Armor for +8 intel
A pair of Anythings for +2/+2 each in both wrist slots (Mercs lot, also very hard to get)
Improved Cut Red Tape castable by sloob crats for +3/+3
Those temporary food bars for +2 to all abilities
Rings (various options)
Enhanced memories for +2 Intel. These only froobable Dust Brigade memories and they cost a lot. Never seen one for sale.
Org Contracts. Something like +12/+12 max, but I don't have them available anyway.

Overall, a REALLY tough goal. I wish AO would just drop the 5/5 Illusionist Coat to something reasonable like 730/700.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 pm

You mention all the right things. I used this setup on my engineer to get her cloak on at the time. I had to buy time on an org contract and the ICRT for the last few points.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Bowgie wrote:...

Enhanced memories for +2 Intel. These only froobable Dust Brigade memories and they cost a lot. Never seen one for sale.

Overall, a REALLY tough goal. I wish AO would just drop the 5/5 Illusionist Coat to something reasonable like 730/700.
Ok, I got trader an extruder for nutrition bars whenever I need them, but...

Are you talking about Enhanced Safeguarded NCU Memory Unit? Because according to the database, these are not froobable since they are level locked to >= 211

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Not enhanced ones: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=168838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok, next question:

I'm trying to get 955 Multi-Ranged to equip QL200 T70 Khan and QL194 Majestic Soft Pepper Pistol.

According to skill emulator, with MR skills maxed a Solitus 200 has 540 MR.

+210 QL 200 imps
+10 Juggler's Treat
+34 (up to 50) for BBQ Pillow (I own the +34 I'd need to borrow/twink the 50)
+30 from QL 200 Geyser hot-swap

I don't know if I have any Lya Sangli Gloves -- otherwise I'd need a raidforce to help me get Gloves of Azure Reveries, but the sum total up to here is approximately 824

With buffs and trickle down, I think I'm up to about 850. Where can I get another 105 MR or is this a fools errand?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 am

@ Tarra: Multi-Ranged! Not Multi-melee...

@ Llie: There is towers and there is ranged animator cloak. Full search here (ignore Ambidextrous, it's a perk). You can also use refined implants for a few extra points. But it still feels rather far away. Maybe with heavy twinking and an org that lets you build very high towers and such, it might be possible, but pretty foolish for sure :D.

(btw Lya Sangi gloves are nodrop, so need to wait till Halloween for those)
RK2

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 am

Yes, I'm a pack-rat so I'm sure I have a few pairs of Lya Sangli Gloves somewhere. I doubt they are at a QL high enough to matter for this purpose.

Ok, so I'm not inept. The reason I ask here is I regularly deem some effort as impossible, only to get laughed at because I forgot or didn't know something.

I think 955 MR is probably just outside of froobable. I really would prefer not to mess with org contracts.

If I fall back to a lower QL Pepper Pistol, I can triple imp MC instead of putting in 1 TS imp. So no Burden of Atlas for me without some MP help. I guess I can live with that.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 am

Llie wrote:If I fall back to a lower QL Pepper Pistol, I can triple imp MC instead of putting in 1 TS imp. So no Burden of Atlas for me without some MP help. I guess I can live with that.
719MR is much more doable. You cant pick up those 4 points in mc somewhere else?
Froob Configurations

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Whoopsy. Ignore post of wrong skill stuff, I'm still caught up on a completely different toon.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Randomchance wrote:719MR is much more doable. You cant pick up those 4 points in mc somewhere else?
I can easily get all the MC I want if I triple-imp MC, but I was hoping to put in 1 TS implant in eye to get enough TS to self cast Burden of Atlas.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon May 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Llie wrote:I can easily get all the MC I want if I triple-imp MC, but I was hoping to put in 1 TS implant in eye to get enough TS to self cast Burden of Atlas.
So you need the QL200 T70 Khan and QL194 Majestic Soft Pepper Pistol to be able to put in a ts imp in the eye for burden of atlas? And if you have a QL200 T70 Khan and QL150 Soft Pepper Pistol (4 points less MC) you cant put in a ts imp in the eye?
Froob Configurations

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Ya. something like that. But all my plans are all confused now because apparently I'm using an oldish skill emulator that is off by a few points. (Originally I thought I'd need Third Eye of Daria to cast IOR, but apparently I have enough SI...)

I had originally thought I'd be able to get the QL 200 T70 Khan, QL 194 Majestic Soft Pepper, and a 5/5 illusionist Robe, I'd be able to self everything except for the last froobable blind and corruption of the pest.

I think I'm ok now. Burden of Atlas can get cast with just a TS mastery from MP if I ever needed that big of a root. I'm probably overdue with coming to terms with triple imping MC. I've always been one to try to cast every possible nano, and that's not FC's vision for NTs. =P

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Llie wrote:I've always been one to try to cast every possible nano, and that's not FC's vision for NTs. =P
Not for the froob game anyway. :wink:
Froob Configurations

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue May 10, 2011 4:10 am

Did you take into account skills that you get by having items/buffs that give ability's? Those trickle down as well, but won't show up in skill emulator :).

And yeah, as RC says, with just 4 points of mc to make up, you really should be able to get those somewhere else so that you can do with just 2 mc clusters and 1 ts cluster (and be able to self Burden of Atlas).
As a comparison: I have about 1080 mc; triple imped but only 4 mc in my weapon slots. (I can't cast Burden of Atlas at all :P).
RK2

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 am

I'm pretty sure I took trickle down into account.

Anyhow, you're both correct. I can make up the 4 MC by switching from Notum Saturated Metaplast Gloves to Miy's Nano Armor Gloves. Then I loose 4 points everywhere else, including the 4 points of BM/MM from the Majestic Soft-Pepper, which means I probably won't be able to cast the Bronto Burger Quest absorb shield (I haven't checked the adjusted skills against my nanos yet).

This game is so evil. lol