Froob NT Endgame questions

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Froob NT Endgame questions

Post by Llie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:23 am

Hi everyone,

I dinged my NT 162 last night and now my abilities are breed capped (Solitus) and my nano skills are title capped (again). I'm still wearing the same QL 160-170ish imps that Saavick built for me some years ago. I spread my nano skills across all 6 skills, focusing first on MC and TS, middle is MM and BM, and last is PM and SI in my implants. I'm wearing a full set of QL 208ish Miy's Nano, minus the helmet. I'm still wearing the Hood of Wicked Inspiration. I'm wielding a crystal and a striped pillow for nano skill buffs. I'm built for kiting and, barring lag spikes, I can clear out both camps of PW borgs in minutes in spite of my crummy imps and gear.

I've maxed all my nano skills and I can cast most of the nanos that I want to cast like PNH, Jobe Nano Libraries, Advanced Collapsing Barrier, Enfraam's Perfected Fortification, but my sights are still on the last holy trinity and a few of the other end-game nanos such as the quest reward absorb layers and the NP dyna drop only buff.

My questions to those froob NTs that have reached level 195-200:

In regard to all the end-game nanos (not just the nukes), will it be fairly easy to self all these nanos at TL6? I used some skill emulators, and it seems that at end game, you'd need quite a lot of equipment to buff your various skills high enough to both get your MC up to where it needs to be as well as all your other skills so that you can cast your calms, absorb layers, etc... (I haven't found NS I/II yet, but I'd like to be able to cast it if I found it).

Are these nanos fairly straightforward to self when you get to level 195-200 or do I need a slew of twinking, special equipment, and refined implants? (I've only got a set of QL 200 imps in a backpack that I've been hoarding for endgame to put skills where I need them.)

If it is the latter, what equipment should I put on my "to get" list? I have my 1/5 Reanimated Illusionist cloak, but I haven't put it on because Neleb's Robe gives better nano buffs at this point. I have a bunch of QL 240ish Miy's Nano that I could eventually put in or will I need to farm a set of Notum-saturated Metaplast armor?. Will I need to switch to a higher QL pillow of I want to cast nukes? I was hoping at end game to dump IP into pistol skills and use a Notum-saturated Metaplast six-shooter that I found plus maybe a Galahad Inc T70 Priscilla or Khan off-hand.

I have a long slow road between here and 190 so I need some objectives to keep on the horizon for motivation. Advice and comments please.

Thanks.

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Froob NT Endgame questions

Post by Derenbruder » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 am

220+ Imps (not so hard to equip for a solitus and easy to get in missions (roll))

...and its able to buff all i think.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 am

You're reaching a level where kiting is getting less and less beneficial. Putting some real weapon(s) on is becoming more interesting at your level indeed. Some team RK missions / IS / dailies might be better xp; but as finding a team nowadays might be tough, you can always fall back on kiting while waiting for people that want to team with you ;).

About endgame: Personally I can not cast the best blind and (not sure about that) the best absorb. Hmm, not sure about best root either. But pnh/ior/ calms/ Izgimmer's Mockery/NS2 all work. I am nanomage and twinked (imp ql 225-235). BUT: I am twinked for damage: e.g. I have nano init in the eye; if I would take SI in there I would cast the best blind without a problem. I have about 1080 mc, so casting nukes isn't any problem. I barely get any weaponskills from my weapons btw (4 mc, ts and mm).

If your goal is to cast all casual nano's it should be very possible. I think ql 200 imps should be enough, but you might need some stuff like high ql lya glasses then. Alternatively you can get some higher imps. The only nano's that are probably difficult to cast self are the timespace root reducers and lick of the pest; it might be possible to twink for them, but you might gimp yourself on other domains then ;).
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Well, does Resonance Blast count as one of the casual nanos? =P

It seems that refined implants are going to be unavoidable.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 am

Casting resonance blast self shouldn't be an issue if you use a weapon to boost mc.
I did some calculations and with ql 200 imps, a shiny soft pepper, some miys+notum saturated armor, rings of presence, VTE's and a 5/5 cloak of the reanimated illusionist and you should be able to cast all buffs and resonance blast. Setup was a few points short to get best blind (but second best blind isn't much worse) and still quite a lot of points short to cast burden of atlas (best root) (and not enough spare mc to switch a mc cluster to ts).

Twinking on the cloak will probably be hard, but I really think you should do it. Refined imps... well I like to twink, so I'd go for it. Some people don't like it and don't consider it worth it. You probably will get away without if you really don't want to do them.
RK2

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks EDTA. I'm not terribly fond of twinking (hence still wearing outdated imps).

I did plan on trying to get the 5/5 Reanimated Illusionist cloak on. I already have all the souls. I think I have a highish QL pair of Lya Sunglasses too, but I don't remember.

Thanks for the calculations. I need to find some high QL soft pepper and/or Galahad T70s...

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Also, try to get an Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones on. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It helps alot and it frees up your weapon slot to put something more decent. :P I also personally prefer a Hood of Wicked Inspiration over Lya glasses because of the +1% nano damage, but if you're really lacking nano skills, just go for the glasses. Refined imps is not a must to self Resonance Blast at 200. Oh and yes, you MUST MUST MUST absolutely get your 5/5 cloak on. I admit it's hard, and you may have to sacrifice a number of slots to keep it out of OE (I had to swap out shoulderpads for VTEs, and rings for Fractured Nightmares), but the benefits are immense.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 am

Briandmg wrote:Also, try to get an Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones on. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It helps alot and it frees up your weapon slot to put something more decent. :P I also personally prefer a Hood of Wicked Inspiration over Lya glasses because of the +1% nano damage, but if you're really lacking nano skills, just go for the glasses. Refined imps is not a must to self Resonance Blast at 200. Oh and yes, you MUST MUST MUST absolutely get your 5/5 cloak on. I admit it's hard, and you may have to sacrifice a number of slots to keep it out of OE (I had to swap out shoulderpads for VTEs, and rings for Fractured Nightmares), but the benefits are immense.
Sadly, Llie is solitus, so she can't use the Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones :(. In my current setup (in my sig) I can get my cloak just out of OE without VTE's or int/sy pistols. I do use "I am the Owl" rings from Hollow Island (these are a hint for Brian, it's again nanomage only, so sorry Llie: not for you :()
RK2

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 am

Briandmg wrote:Also, try to get an Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones on. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=151681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, what EDTA said.

I do intend on getting my reanimated illusionist cloak to 5/5. Keeping it out of OE shouldn't be too hard. It only needs like 530 int/psy, and I just had to swap over to VTEs for my shoulderpads because I was mislead in the items database and the 3/5 is only +13 and not +15, so I upgraded to 4/4 and now I need the extra int/psy. On the plus side, I'm now wearing QL 240 Miy's Nano armor out of OE, which I'd never think possible before on a level 165 (yes, I'm a terrible twinker).

I don't mind swapping my equipment for different purposes. I use Hood of Wicked Inspiration when kiting, but I switch to +14 Lya's Sangi glasses in teams and when blitzing because it allows me to self Peaceful Intentions for crowd control. I wouldn't mind having to swap weapons for different situations (eg. swap T70 Galahads for nuke, then Notum-Saturated Six-Shooter for damage), but I'm guessing pistol requirements plus fling, burst, and FA on some of these pistols into the 700s may make that impossible.

As for leveling, I'm unfortunately not in a convenient time zone with the bulk of the rest of my org, so I need to solo a lot. So far Daily Missions give me 1/2 a level and if PW borgs aren't spoken for gets the other 1/2. Still trudging along. Thankfully I haven't yet hit a daily that I haven't figured out how to complete. Eventually when I get One Green Hill I'm going to have to start deleting I think.

Anyhow, if anyone has a QL 151 or 194 pepper pistol they'd like to sell me for a reasonable price, I'd be most grateful. :wink:

Thanks for all the advice. I was nearly ready to quit playing my NT when I breed and title capped at 162. And I thought the last title cap was a long grind.

ShadowInTheNight
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ShadowInTheNight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 pm

QL200 sealed weapon receptacles are usually abundant in GMS so just get someone with expansions buy it for you. Then start camping shop terminals for good quality Nano Pylon....

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:46 pm

I have already purchased QL 194 (highest possible, I think) Pepper Pistol, though I'm concerned that I won't be able to get the 954 pistol needed to equip the pistol (or the 725 Full Auto to equip a QL 200 Galahad Inc T70 Khan that I also hope to use), but I think I'll need those at 200 in order to cast my nanos.

Of course all this may be moot when rebalance hits and changes everything. It's a shame, I had hoped at endgame I'd be able to use the Two-Layered Saturated Metaplast Six-Shooter that I found. Right now searching for a QL 151 soft pepper pistol. If I could find one of those right now, I'd switch over from the Pillow with Important Stripes and Fazekas Crystal II that I'm currently using for buffs.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Life isnt easy as a solitus nt :) specially with all those nm NTs who poke your eyes will their expensive vests :P but soloing was possible, id consider waiting for the re-balance before putting much effort in to your nt.

ShadowInTheNight
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ShadowInTheNight » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:05 am

Reason I said QL200 sealed weapon receptacle is that they at least used to be more common and cheaper than other ones and it can be used to make lower QL pistols as it is the nano pylon that determines QL of the weapon. At one point I was making regular runs through shops to find nano pylons at or close to the key quality levels. Stupidly though I gave those away to people that needed them instead of making some money selling them...

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 am

Ah! Gotcha! Will check GMS. Thanks!

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Goldberg wrote:Life isnt easy as a solitus nt :) specially with all those nm NTs who poke your eyes will their expensive vests :P but soloing was possible, id consider waiting for the re-balance before putting much effort in to your nt.
Well, I'm concerned that the re-balance will be a uniform whack in the head by a big nerfbat for every profession, so I'm not putting much stock in the rebalance, unless we NT's are also getting a froobable Odin's Missing Eye type buff.

Anyhow, being a Solitus NT is indeed difficult, but that's who I am, and with the re-balance, I'm not sure I want to switch to NM. Anyhow, As far as I can tell, it's impossible to get 730 Int/Psy for the 5/5 Reanimated Illusionist cloak. With everything I can figure ( QL 220 imps, 2x Pelastio V3, QL 250 Miy's Nano helmet, QL 250 Miy's Nano sleeves, QL 200 Sekutek or Nova Dillion Body+Gloves+Pants+Boots, 2x Fractured Nightmare, Prototype Cyborg Tokenboard -- or even Flycatcher's Specs instead of Miy's Nano Helmet ), my Int/Psy at lvl 200 is only around 690. Am I missing something or should I just make peace with not getting my cloak to 5/5 as a Solitus? (Just like I've made peace with never getting a Gaily Painted Hood on RK1. I can live with it if someone can definitively declare it impossible. )