**NTWINK**

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

**NTWINK**

Post by Garzillla » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 am

Ok, so I've been really into learning the art of twinking lately. And I've always loved the idea of a NM. I've got a few nice people on my friends list and in Org that are helping me out a bit. Some of the things that got me into twinking is PvP, I'm highly interested in it and the task of trying to make something great and cool looking. :o

One thing I learned is that it can be hard for Froobs to PvP at higher level ranges VS paying members. And is easier for low level froob characters to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong. So the first question I have is: Is it viable/realistic to make a low level competitive PvP NM froob twink? I would like to make it a level 15 or 25.

If the answer is yes..got any tips? Skills I should/might raise? Armour I will want and nukes/weps? The ups and downs of NM PvPing? Any help/advice would be great, thanks. :laughing8:
Peace on Earth...and Anarchy Online!

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: **NTWINK**

Post by Goldberg » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 am

Bad idea - you cant compete with a trader at those levels, either selfed or osbed (even if you are obed and he is selfed he will win 9 times out of 10)

enfos can rage out your roots and alpha you with eas (nm nt = super low hp)

as a froob, the only level id consider NT would be the lowest you can cast this baby : Image

id say with moch probably around level 40-43 with some serious twinking gear, that means, Miys armor combined with some low level notum metaplast armor, and either a sofr pepper pistol with OET or some AS weapon with 275ish scope... if you go fully obed then you might be able to save some ips on things like runspeed, and body dev and even NR (since you wont be counter anything at those levels anyways) and try to work your way towards throwing gombiz.

so AS weapon with gombiz will be you "alpha" and frost will be constant dmg with a beautifull debuffing effect... even with all this, heavy twinked expentions will easily kill you.

your best bet would be a lowbi trader with ****load of osbs.... but you overuled that one already right :roll:

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Garzillla » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

No I not overuled that. :wink:

Thanks for the advice...maybe I'll just wait until I become a paying member before thinking about PvP NT NM. So I guess I'll be back! :D

Gonna work on a low level Trader twink..thanks again!

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I personally had quite some fun pvping with my NT at lvl 124 and at lvl 174. Around 124 there isn't a lot of twinks, so it went well and was some good practice. Though there wasn't that much pvp, since the BS at that level range never runs, but running around bor with a flag is often enough to start the pvp. 174 is highest level of a very active BS so that went well too. You don't really have a chance against other pvp twinks, but I still did pretty well and had quite some fun.
Lvl 15 or 25 is indeed too low for a NT pvp twink. Lvl 49 might work, but I'd still go a little bit higher. I think that somewhere in the TL3 range you might also have a lot of fun with NT. At lvl 75 for example you can cast your first anti-GA nuke and you're still in range of totw twinks (there is some totw twinks with GA :twisted: ). At that level you also should be able to cast Nullity sphere which is a nice tool to catch somebody's alpha without dying :D. Take a look at this topic for some special surprises for your enemies :D.
Note that there is several routes you can go. Before about lvl 174, you'll have a very hard time finding enough IP for nanoskills, evades, nanoresist AND a weaponskill. I think that especially the choice between evades and a weaponskill is the most important one. You'll never evade that much as NT, so I guess at low levels a weapon will be more important then evades. (Personally I had evades, but no weapon at lvl 124 though).
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Garzillla » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 pm

So are thinking I should not worry about twinking my NT and just reach level 124-174 for a little PvP fun? Or would/should I still think about twinking?

So NM are good mainly for PvM?

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 pm

NM is great for nano skills and nano pool, but since NT's have no viable means to heal in battle except via stims, NM PvP is pretty hard.

I'm am neither a good twinker nor a particularly good PvPer, but NT's are among the more annoying PvP professions. With blinds, roots, calms (aka init debuffs in PvP), and debuff side-effects on our nukes, we NT's (no matter how gimp) can manage to pull off a win by annoying our opponents to death.

As much as "kiting" (in the classic borg or heck sense) is a result of taking advantage not very "I" mob AI, I would like to note that even though my untwinked PvM Solitus NT is by no means twinked for HP (though I do have a heal delta cluster implanted -- Thanks Saavick! ^.^), I have managed to sufficiently confuse and frustrate other players once or twice using my NT toolset and then actually kite them to death (since they thought it was so smart to try to find me while blinded by using /follow).

The only really successful twinks at those low levels are traders. That's why there's so many of them. =P

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Garzillla wrote:So are thinking I should not worry about twinking my NT and just reach level 124-174 for a little PvP fun? Or would/should I still think about twinking?

So NM are good mainly for PvM?
I'm merely saying that if you want to pvp with NT, pick a level that's at least higher then about 40. I picked 124 and 174, but you can do something very differently, it sure should be fun at lower levels too. Just not as low as 15/25, that's too low for NT pvp I believe, (though that would not be completely impossible, nothing is in AO).
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

ironox
Flagged
Flagged

Post by ironox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:04 am

Thank you for bringing up this topic - I have been working up what I had originally intended to be a level 49 Solitus NT for PvP. With the proposed changes to BS mentioned in Friday with Means, I was trying to adjust to level 30, and been pretty unsure how well that would work. I am probably still going to give it a shot, but if it works out as poorly as it sounds, may have to move up to level 60. Meh - gotta dip my toe in the PvP water sometime, but I just couldn't see adding one more trader for low-lvl PvP.
Jennydoit ("Building in your imagination") Lvl 200 TS'ing Eng
Sleipnirfast ("Think of it as a proactive acquisitions strategy") Lvl 195 Fixer
Tradingup ("Oooh, that shotgun's even BIGGER!") Lvl 180 Trader
Sgtfiery ("Reach out and torch someone") Lvl 173 ICSF Soldier
Cthulhulives ("Not your TOTW Cultist. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftaghn") Lvl 153 MP
Bandagebabe ("Fine Pharmaceuticals at unreasonable prices") Lvl 158 Doctor
Stupididea ("Party time! Have a blast.") Lvl 162 Shotgun NT
Notthedroid ("Don't worry, I have your back!" [In my crosshairs]) Lvl 132 Agent
Selar ("Really, I'm just a big pussycat") Lvl 156 melee Advy
Sharpanswer ("Have a heart - I seem to have picked up some extras") Lvl 104 Piercing Enfo
Remfbypref ("Go! Go! Go! I'll assess the situation as soon as I finish my coffee") Lvl 105 Crat
Abbienormal ("No Igor, the OTHER subject!") Lvl 100 Eng (Semi-permanent resident in CoH)
And about 2 dozen more alts waiting for their shot at the big time

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:46 am

Well if you really want a NT for pvp, I suggest you follow EDTA's advice and get one at about L174. That's when NTs are best for PvP among froob professions. Unfortunately, that means you will get slaughtered by the sloobs around that level as well. If you really really want a NT that can actually fight relatively well for his level, then I suggest you get a ~L90 NT. At around that level, you can do both BS and tower wars because of NS MK1. But he definately won't be the best profession for that level though.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P