AddAllOff and NTs

malic
Fresh
Fresh

AddAllOff and NTs

Post by malic » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:56 am

Hi,

I've been leveling a froob atrox NT for a bit of weirdo fun and for my knowledge, I have a question? Are NT nuke attack affected by AddAllOff items? or the only way is to push MC as high I can?

The idea behind is to find the way to land the more nuke I can in a froob raid context (i.e. the Mercs and likes).

Thanks.
Malic
RK2
Resetbybeer, Soldier, Manamour, Meta-Physicist, Error No, Nano-Technician

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: AddAllOff and NTs

Post by Saavick » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:26 am

AAO has no effect on landing nano's
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader
Luettl 170 bureaucrat Haadriah 163 martial artist Mueny 136 meta-physicist
Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor Vladdy 64 trader
Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 am

AAO only affect a nuke's cast time. I don't remember the formula exactly but I thought it was something like 2 seconds at 100% full agg and -2 seconds at 100% full def.

I think all nukes are Matter Creations skill checked against target's Nano Resist skill. Nukes have slightly different %NR check, so some nukes will land more reliably on an enemy than others. Someone correct my formula if I'm wrong, but I think its something like:

your MC * Nuke's MC% vs. target's NR * Nuke's %NR check

So if you lookup Localized Dimensional Inversion on auno, you see its a 100% MC vs. 108% NR, and lets say you have 1000 MC and the target has 1000 NR, then;

your 1000 MC * 100% vs. target's 1000NR * 108% NR = 1000 vs. 1080 = so you have a 48%/52% miss vs hit chance against the target (or is it hit vs miss?? =P)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:54 am

Llie wrote:AAO only affect a nuke's cast time. I don't remember the formula exactly but I thought it was something like 2 seconds at 100% full agg and -2 seconds at 100% full def.
To avoid some confusion; the aggdef slider affects cast time, but this is not related to AAO :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader
Luettl 170 bureaucrat Haadriah 163 martial artist Mueny 136 meta-physicist
Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor Vladdy 64 trader
Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:11 am

Saavick wrote:AAO has no effect on landing nano's
Yes, that's what I always believed as well. The question was asked me recently as well (probably by malic :P) and I started to wonder: where do I have this info from? Isn't it just something I assumed (for example because I do know +dmg has no effect)? I tried doing a search for it, but didn't find any clear answers.

(Not that long ago I also ran into somebody thinking AAO effects the speed a nuke gets casted; and while I'm pretty sure this is not the case (since that's something very different then what AAO does to weapons) it's not something I read somewhere or tested.)

And the way Llie described hits/counters is also how I assumed it is, but never tested it :P.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

malic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by malic » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 am

Yeah, I got the attack vs defense tip from a long time ago, actually the best nuke I've found so far is Annihilating Hadron String.
I guess the only way is to push MC as far as I can by twinking.

µHow do you guys manage things in raids, i mean the high resistance of those uniques?
RK2
Resetbybeer, Soldier, Manamour, Meta-Physicist, Error No, Nano-Technician

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 am

I usually use Ferocious Impactor Missile when I get bored of getting countered. Even lower nr% check and more DPS then what you proposed, but you need to cast it more often :P (with really high nano-init, like 2500, your nuke would do more DPS, with 3500 nanoinit it should be quite a good nuke lol: only the holy trinity - cc, rb, cotp - does more dps then Annihilating Hadron String). All DPS mentions are without taking counters into account and based on this nuke-table.

Take into account though that damage from Resonance blast is so insanely high that even with more counters you probably do more damage with rb.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 am

EDTA wrote:I usually use Ferocious Impactor Missile when I get bored of getting countered. Even lower nr% check and more DPS then what you proposed, but you need to cast it more often :P (with really high nano-init, like 2500, your nuke would do more DPS, with 3500 nanoinit it should be quite a good nuke lol: only the holy trinity - cc, rb, cotp - does more dps then Annihilating Hadron String). All DPS mentions are without taking counters into account and based on this nuke-table.

Take into account though that damage from Resonance blast is so insanely high that even with more counters you probably do more damage with rb.
EDTA is an NT incarnate.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah