TL5 BS

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

TL5 BS

Post by nmg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 am

How good can a 174 froob NT perform in BS ?

Can be medium/acceptable or its just plain cannon fodder ?
I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every moment of it.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: TL5 BS

Post by Tarradax » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 am

Expansion NTs absolutely own at that range because they get access to a few neat toys, none of which are fr00b-friendly. Not sure a fr00b NT would be anything more than cannon fodder at that range - If nothing else then due to the TL5 soldiers running around with obscene alphas.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 am

Heyas,

just wait a few until EDTA drops in. He level locked his (main) NT at 174 and farmed some good PvP scores in TL5 BS. I wouldn't say you totally own as a froob, but apparently, you can survive and do decent damage in there.

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:39 am

Boo!

19 seconds of immortality is pretty long in pvp... :D. That's the beauty of NS2, it's not some scale, it's the complete 100% of the damage. So while they might be doing tons of damage, that would kill you you a 1000 times, there is nothing of it getting to you. That's a serious factor to reduce your canon-fodder-level.

Against the very good twinks, I didn't stand a chance and against the not totally gimp NT's or traders I didn't either. (Though I did kill several NT's thinking that having LE nukes makes them good in pvp and I killed some froob traders and the traders with expansion often could quite suffer from me. I even had a trader with expansions accuse me from exploits once <3).

Against the somewhat decent twinks: I wouldn't be able to win against them, but I can make it tough for them and when I have help we can take them together ;).

Most of my kills are probably from the so called 'pvm-gimps' though :P. Though a lot of my kills are simply because I did had quite a high sudden damage output, so people getting apha'd by several people on my side would get a nuke and an AS from me, both about 1k damage, which often seems to be enough to get the kill.

Another very important thing you need to take into account is debuffs. In both ways. The power of blinds and roots in BS is pretty strong! And the advantage of countering debuffs is very nice as well. I really focused on getting as much nr as possible, and I got the impression it helped a lot. It even seemed I had much more nr then a lot of the other people walking around there; my stuff often landed way easier on others then that it landed on myself...

You can take a look at the setup I used in my sig. It wasn't cheap ;). (Also add NS2 and Izzies Mockery to it) If you're short on money, the igoc isn't a must have. Also, I would appreciate it if you don't simply copy it blindly. Believe me, if you don't know what you're doing, you won't get far as a froob in BS :P.

Oh and btw, I did die a lot, much much more then that I killed people. The best trick is simply go on and don't give up. Never.

Oh and about the soldiers... If you get them to TMS that's good: just root them, set a TMS timer and come back later :P. To prevent dying to them you'll often have to root them before they press TMS and -depending whether their range is bigger then 40m or not- run or nuke them from far away.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, indeed, lot of useful info.
My nanomage NT is just 70 atm and totally gimp because all what she do is kite and kite even more. But this isn't such a problem now.

Since EDTA have great experience in BS i have some questions for him:

1. Are there many NR1, 2, x perked toons ? Since nukes checks against NR, i guess an NT is pretty useless against such toons, even the paid ones.
2. How did you set your agg/def bar ? Full def or full agg ?
3. Since this is the first NT i play, i don't really understand how NS2 works. Could you explain a bit of it for a noob like me ? How often can you use NS2, 1 min or 30 mins ?
4. Where does Unionist Arbalest drops ? :) Last one i saw went for 150m :)

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:00 am

Nullity Sphere MK II castable every 1'

Unionist Arbalest drops from dyna/mission bosses (max ql is 150). I don't think it costs that much tho.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmg » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

[quote="Ar1z"]Nullity Sphere MK II castable every 1'

1 min is very good. I've read the auno desc but i was confused by those 30 min offensive/defensive focus. Not many IPs in auno understanding skillz :)

Thanks.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:42 am

Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmg » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 am

EDIT O.o[/quote]

I told you :)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 am

nmg wrote: 1. Are there many NR1, 2, x perked toons ? Since nukes checks against NR, i guess an NT is pretty useless against such toons, even the paid ones.
2. How did you set your agg/def bar ? Full def or full agg ?
3. Since this is the first NT i play, i don't really understand how NS2 works. Could you explain a bit of it for a noob like me ? How often can you use NS2, 1 min or 30 mins ?
4. Where does Unionist Arbalest drops ? :) Last one i saw went for 150m :)
1. Landing nukes and debuffs often was surprisingly easy. It's merely Enforcers where it gets a bit tough... There was a shade though and I pwned him a lot! Then he went nr and he started pwning me instead :P. Some of the better twinks also have enough nr to make things hard, but not that many.

2. Full def.

3. Every 1min, 19sec 100% reflect (reflect meaning the damage gets reflected away from you, NS2 differs with most other reflects in that other reflects often have something that makes part of this damage go back to the attacker; 100% means you take no damage unless an engi rips this reflect or an NT uses LE nukes (that pierce reflects, i.e -100% reflects for 1 sec on the moment this nuke lands).

4. I believe Arbalest is Dyna loot. The Ql 150 (highest) one sells for sick amounts, but a lower version, you should be able to find for a couple 10M's (I payed 30M for my ql 147, was from a friend though and nearly a year ago...)

Btw, I also twinked for pvp at 124, never got that BS to run, but I did get some pvp-experience running around in bor etc. A lot of your nukes are already topping at this level so you can quite be good. An advantage is also there is very few people really twinked for pvp around, so things are a bit easier. You probably won't have the IP yet to use a weapon already though...
RK2

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmg » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:40 am

Well, thanks again for the info, i became more and more interested in building such a toon. Wielding a gun amongst all the cyberdeck NTs out there can be ...something different, really. :)

How do you fight against traders after they drained you ? Do you just run away (supposing you aren't rooted) or you fight back using a scaled down nuke ?

In fact, this question covers another general one, which i hope you can share with us: when you made your nano skills, did you count in some debuffs ? Just for example (numbers are not important)' i know it can be around traders or maybe anothers NTs who can debuff me, so i set my MC skill with 132 points higher than the requirements of the nuke i plan to use' ?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 am

DocJones wrote:Paid 46m for my QL114 one. But thats been old prices. I do think i have been overpriced, and Saavick sold them for only about 500k'ish (iirc) on RK1.
I paid 200m or so for my Ql150. The Ql120ish I was selling are basically shopfood, even for 500k noone wants them.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader
Luettl 170 bureaucrat Haadriah 163 martial artist Mueny 136 meta-physicist
Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor Vladdy 64 trader
Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 pm

nmg wrote: How do you fight against traders after they drained you ? Do you just run away (supposing you aren't rooted) or you fight back using a scaled down nuke ?
Ol' Faithful <3
(still suprisingly effective for being double drained)
nmg wrote:In fact, this question covers another general one, which i hope you can share with us: when you made your nano skills, did you count in some debuffs ? Just for example (numbers are not important)' i know it can be around traders or maybe anothers NTs who can debuff me, so i set my MC skill with 132 points higher than the requirements of the nuke i plan to use' ?
I don't really work like that, but the other way around. I see what skills I can obtain and then use the best nano's I can with those skills (especially regarding mc/nukes). Well, I guess I did compare a bit: like if I would implant X I can use that and that nano, vs if I implant Y I can cast other nano's or no extra nano's,... and then you have to choose. I also, for example have been struggling to get a few extra TS to get a better root; at some point I got high ql lya glasses and started using those instead of the Hood of the Wicked Inspiration as this made the higher root castable and it also reduced the item swapping for buffing up...

The way I solved the issue of getting debuffed is by using several hotbars (well same hotbar, different number of hotbar, can switch between them with shift-5 for example). So for every debuff [cof, mind quake, 1 random normal drain (I guessed what they might use..], 1 nanite drain, 2 nanite drains) I calculated the best nukes I could use, the best blinds, the best roots, the best calm. Depending whether I would still be able to use NSII or NSI I had one of these on that hotbar. My first aid and free movement kits also were on all of these hotbars ;).
RK2

nmg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 am

EDTA wrote:Boo!
You can take a look at the setup I used in my sig. It wasn't cheap ;). (Also add NS2 and Izzies Mockery to it) If you're short on money, the igoc isn't a must have. Also, I would appreciate it if you don't simply copy it blindly. Believe me, if you don't know what you're doing, you won't get far as a froob in BS :P.
My NT is 93 now and leveling. Still far away from target target level but because its my first NT, i'm not in a hurry, i take some time to learn a bit. But i sneaked an eye on your setup.

One question: how about implanting skill lock modifier ? I'll loose some evades but i think that will improve the DPM.

Also, about weapon, i know that arbalest have the best aimed shot modifier but in case i can't afford (or find) a decent one, i guess i can use a rifle. I don't expect to hit something with regulars, its just for the AS.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 am

nmg wrote: My NT is 93 now and leveling. Still far away from target target level but because its my first NT, i'm not in a hurry, i take some time to learn a bit. But i sneaked an eye on your setup.

One question: how about implanting skill lock modifier ? I'll loose some evades but i think that will improve the DPM.

Also, about weapon, i know that arbalest have the best aimed shot modifier but in case i can't afford (or find) a decent one, i guess i can use a rifle. I don't expect to hit something with regulars, its just for the AS.
- Taking your time definitely pays of imo :). At least I took my time too :).
- What would you want the skill lock modifier for? All it does is make your rings and certain other tools available a few seconds faster... (well I didn't really calculate it, but the % of skill lock modifier you can get is not very big...). AS (or any other special) isn't affected by it. First Aid might be I think, but not sure anymore.
- Yeah, you should be able to go with rifle as well. You won't get that much rifle skill though, unless you implant it more then I did (and you'd need to sacrifice precious nr for it...). My ql 147 arbalest was barely out of OE.
RK2