The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:47 am

Wooo! I have a yalm, and am back with a question. Will I need a GSF to do Belial Snakes? I have about 500+ RS with Playful Cub.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Best way to find out is try it out.

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I noticed I also meet other creepy monsters in belial forest (apart from snakes..). Eremites for example and you might want some RS to run away from those, those guys are scary, you can't see them!
I have been kiting quite some with relative low RS and afterwards I noticed things went so much easier with a bunch of more RS.Your survivability goes up and you can take more mobs in a kite and finish your kite faster.
Maybe try to convince a fixer he needs some xp from kiting since going back and fourth for gsf is also madness.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 am

or roll a fixer yourself ;)
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Bloviator
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bloviator » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:26 am

Ar1z wrote:or roll a fixer yourself ;)
FTW. The fixer '260 run speed buff to target' can be had around level 40 for very little twinkage/effort. If I can get a froob character to 40 in a couple days with little effort, anyone can. If you run team missions with two accounts (easy since you never leave your starter town), you get almost all of the fixer nanos for free too.

Behemoth
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Behemoth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:20 am

But what about omni NT's ?
Where they can kite after lvl 70ish, since claws are not good anymore after that lvl ?
-------------------------------------------------------
Time & Space skill locked until further notice.
-------------------------------------------------------

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:48 am

There's a whole load of posts answering exactly that question.

Belial Snakes in Belial Forest
Techro wrote:The biggest collection of snakes is there (at least on rk1). They'll respawn awfully slow, it will take hours.

Sand Incubii in PW
Tarradax wrote:There's several spots in PW that have a bugged mob spawn, and spawn literally dozens of Sand Incubus. Not sure how fit the zone is for kiting, but have a looksy here.

The location is in PW, Pos: 2602.8, 841.1.
Both will require a yalm to get there and fixer RS buff to kite successfully (it's a looong way back everytime you have a failed kite....).

Personally, I chose PW as it's quicker to get back to when I get bitten by the lag monster. I had a pocket lowbie fixer sat at the Hope reclaim terminal for a quick rebuff before yalming back. Sand Indubii have more HP and are mixed in with the odd nasty Desert Emerite. But there are just hundreds of them and they are too densely packed to be of any use to any other profession. So dense it's best to be fully buffed up before leaving Hope and just start pulling by yalm.

For me, the lag monster lurking in my internet connection eventually stopped me and I left my NT at lvl 94.
Rolled a little alt on RK4. Just dinged level 1!
[unPaid]Reetzor 150/9 soli soldier, Hypocentre 131/3 soli NT, Didistick 112/2 opi kipur, Hypotheses 100/5 nano MP,
[unPaid]Yakovbok 57/2 opi fixer, Didisticks 50/2 opi MA, Wristflick 50/2 soli advy, Riddor 32/2 soli crat.
[Froob]Selzip 167 trox fixer, Selgran 111 trox enfo, Selrobi 108 nano NT, Selforms 100 trox crat, Selmedi 95 soli doc,
and far far too many other time/credit sinks that never made it out of TL1/2.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:56 am

As it turns out, I do need a GSF for Belial snakes, and can I say that they are annoying as heck? They keep on running off in other directions. :evil:

Also, can I draw everyone's attention to the Ring of Haste? It is such and awesome item, you get them from the Entvined mobs in DAV. A 220 fixer kindly helped me get one for me today.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Re:

Post by Firnagzen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:36 am

draconi wrote:Spot#2
Eastern Foul Planes
Northern edge of EFP has a strip of desert. The very west part is filled with medusas, so unless you have lots of RS or a deathwish, i would avoid that part. East of the medusas, the desert if filled with 200+ sand demons/mantises/snakes, all level 180-190. If you look at the map, there is a little hill in the middle. What I usualy did was pull everthing on the one side of the hill, kite them, then pull everthing on the other side of the hill. But if you think you can handle them all, go for it. Here are some screenies (from only one side)
http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s10zg.jpg
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s20cs.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s34vi.jpg
The mantises do have lots of hp, so brings lots of np.
I've kited there from like 140 (maybe earlier) to the point where i stopped playing my nt. You realy need good nuke for them. Near the eastern side of the hill is a sand demon like mob called Helion Fanatic (or somethig like that. It's another quest mob with an uber health bar just mez him if you pull him, other then that's it's all clear.) They are all melee type too.
I like this spot. Practically the same exp and hp as PW borgs.

Sheffsam
Flagged
Flagged

Re: The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Post by Sheffsam » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:41 am

Yeah, I've did a few runs in that spot when I my NT was 100ish (With buffs from my agent ofc) My only gripe was the slow respawn - I could clear one side of the hill, then the other, put then repop seemed to take ~2hrs

The other problem was the mobs are spread wide as well, so it's hard to get a really big kite. Mobs have a tendancy to run off when they get to far from their original spawn, and appear not to be aggable until they are back at that point.
Sheffsam (200 Agent) Equip - Drsheffsam (200 Doc) Equip - Sheffsammy (200 NT) Equip
Sheffie (190 Trader) - Sheffix (135 GA Fixer)
Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) - Nabcake (165/6 NT)
RK2 Neutral - Raid Leader in the TL5+ froob raidforce.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 am

Unforseen problem with the EFP kiting spot; in the western side, there's a dreadloch boss... And its guard alone kills very hard.

You were attacked with nanobots from Perimeter Enforcement for 499437 points of energy damage.

Hi reclaim!

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:17 am

I was very happy kiting PW cyborg sergeants with my lvl 70 NT. There is a 'town' on the road south west before you get to the main cyborg areas. Perpetual wasteland - Coordinates 3100 x 1800. Reasonable number of cyborgs in that area. They are around lvl 150, so good xp, but did not take too long to die with Isotope Waves and quicker still with Frigid Landscape. I was making 7 levels an hour, without any xp-adding items.

Froob. Not twinked at all, but outside buffs of MC Mochams and Gridspace Freedom.

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:59 am

GDB2222 wrote:I was very happy kiting PW cyborg sergeants with my lvl 70 NT. There is a 'town' on the road south west before you get to the main cyborg areas. Perpetual wasteland - Coordinates 3100 x 1800. Reasonable number of cyborgs in that area. They are around lvl 150, so good xp, but did not take too long to die with Isotope Waves and quicker still with Frigid Landscape. I was making 7 levels an hour, without any xp-adding items.

Froob. Not twinked at all, but outside buffs of MC Mochams and Gridspace Freedom.
I can second that, I tried borgs near that area back before christmas on my 60 NT just to see if I could do it and they were doable. speed buffs (I have almost 1100), MC mocham and the best humidity extractor you can use were key things for me to do it...nano targeting helpers and all the nano cost reduction you can get are big helps too....however, my NT is a bit twinked, so not sure if a level 60 can do it in a reasonable time without at least twinking up MC and MM/TS to use at least Superior Humidity Extractor (+131 nano per tick), this is what I use.

Zlixero
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zlixero » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 am

I'm lvling my little froob nt every now and then, Skogsbrand.
I usually buff him up with my MP and fixer, then I take my tl5 enf twink and pull a lot of mobs and aoe nuke with nt. So far it's been great.

I've done:
L 15-25 Mutant Domain, you can literary pull hundreds of mobs here.
L 25-30 SW mine. Didn't stay here very long. You outlvled the mobs too fast and not that many spawns there.
L 30-41 Village SW from 20k whompa. (or take ferry from Harry's and go NE). ~13 mobs with close to insta-spawn time. Just pulled em all, killed em, repeat.

Here I took a mini-paus and put on nelebs master robe & ql 100 MC implants. Got just enough to use Barrage of fire with mocham. 65% NR def check was awesome when nuking deep red mobs.

L 41-50 Shadows camp in PM. again ~13mobs with close to instant respawn
L 50-65 Ottous + Yuttos in TLR. Again, you can pull hundreds of them. Took these 15 lvls in half an hour.

Now I'm planning to use my NT just to cast decent HE/cost/range buffs for my twinks. I figured he's be done at around level 100. But now I need some suggestions on mobs to kite.
Damage / range / runspeed isn't a problem since I can tank with my enf. And if I really need, I can also log a doc for CH spammage.
I guess I'll check out the small borg camp in PW, the sand demons and the north of efp. Couldn't hurt with more suggestions though. ^^
  • Zlixero__200_____-..Zqagent_199
    Misspew_200__....__.Zqengi-_ 199
    Zqenf___200__......- Zqcrat.._.199
    Zqdoc __200__-____Zqma_....1XX
"Solo'd" (multibox'd)

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:07 pm

I have 41 NT and a 60 NT and I have been able to kite mort borgs with my 60 NT already (with no help from enfo), just mochams from my mp and 390 run speed buff from my fixer(which is more than enough to outrun borgs). I use toxic spill though (616 MC req.) and only reason I decided to twink up and use that (using QL51 pillow of important stripes, QL125 - 140 imps and various rings/armor and stuff) is because I couldn't roll sharpnel burst to save my life. I spent a few hours rolling for that...probably over 8,000 - 9,000 rolls and could never roll that nano. So I had to get toxic spill but I'm trying to figure out a way to get Isotope Waves, yeah probably not gonna happen on a level 60 (by the way, I locked my NT at 60 because I just wanted to play around in totw for a while :D, fun fun fun).

As for holding aggro with an enfo, I've never tried it myself (my enfo isn't high enough level to do that yet any), but I saw a 220 enfo tank PW borgs for a team once. he was holding about 5 borgs at a time I believe. Those borgs are 180+ though so not sure if your TL5 Enfo can do the job you need verse enough borgs to make it worth doing.

Anyway, if your just gonna take him to level 100, Mort borgs is good enough to get you there in no time. You'll get max xp per kill anyway so no real need to go to PW borgs....with their HP's and heal delta (and buggy area) they might be too tough to kill in a reasonable amount of time and your enfo may only be able to hold aggro on a couple at a time anyway. barrage of fire is pretty weak on PW borgs too.

There is the borg camp north west of mort crater (right next to a tower field, but not in the tower field) that you can go to find about 10 borgs (Lt's and Generals there). It's usually empty of players with a few people dropping by every now and then. Not many high level players go there though because they'd kill the mobs too fast, so they'll get bored. I've never seen anyone higher than 150ish out there anyway and it's always an enfo if I do see them. The teams that might go there are usually 100 - 125ish...I guess it's too far for lower level players to go...but I slap on my run speed buff and just run. If my engy wasn't on the same account, I'd just warp my NT everywhere (working on a second engy on my 3rd account for warping my 1st and 2nd account).

In this thread someone said something about wine ninja's and snakes, I haven't been there myself, just too darn far and I don't have a yalm yet. So probably not of interest to you if your like me.

Other than those places, I guess where your leveling now is pretty much it...unless someone else knows of some better places. In my opinion, the respawns have to be fast and either the amount of mobs need to be a lot or they need to give lots of xp per kill before I consider a kite spot worth the long travel.

Subverted
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Subverted » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:38 am

For levels around 20-30 why not the War Academy?(Athen Shire) I was out there power leveling a friend today with a 24 sub twink and there are lots of nice social mobs and lots of open space.

(I didnt see this mentioned, but if it has been...oh well.)