The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am

Traxxor wrote:I'm guessing the one that's a little bit West when you exit the crater thingy area (where the Foreman's dungeon is located)?

Edit: 1590x1020, there's a herd of Outtos there.
... and they are only good to kite when you have GSF/HOT running. They hit pretty good, and are social, you rather end stampeded somewhere on the road. I tried it a few times and it was doable 110+, but at that level you can do borgs which give much better XP...
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Mmm, so they move too fastto kite easily? Thanks for the tip! :wink:

Now I need to find somewhere else I can kite for monster parts. Any suggestions other than Belial snakes? (Level 73, and the claws are starting to turn orange for me.) (Monster parts 'cuz they're good money, and I still haven't been able to acquire a yalm.) (And don't talk to me about blitzing. I'm not mentally suited to it, I've tried it and nearly had a nervous breakdown. Running into hostile mobs and not killing them while they hit me screams against every fibre of my being.) (Wow, that's a lot of brackets.) (And here's another. :D )

Oh and by the way: The Slayers around the claw camps are no problem. Story: Once, with 300++ RS (Hacked Graft: Wolf Cub) I decided to take a poke at the slayers, which some kind person had pulled away from the camp. Guess what? Piece of cake, at level 68! Then they went and respawned right next to the camp. :x So I figured: I can kite them= I can calm them. So I pulled them away and calmed. Noooooooo problem.

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:05 am

You have ninja druids on beaches of Wine (two 165 lvl dynas are there and you're kiting adds, but it requires a bit of management since you need to pull spawned dyna away from spot so that it doesnt bother you. At 73 you'll be getting XP cap per keel till around lvl 90. They are melee and easier to kite than borgs (which fire you a ranged round once in a while). Usually you have kite of 7 mobs.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:14 am

Erm, forgot to mention: Omni. :? Omni+no Yalm= hard time to get to ninjas + need clanners/neut(ers) to get exp from the ninjas. Sigh. How much exp does each one give, anyway? And the other thing is $$$, if I can't make a decent profit, I'm never getting my yalm. Are claws the only viable option for now?

Also, I assume that dynas can be calmed?

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:44 am

Dynas can be rooted, so first kite is a bit off way so that you root that dyna (a bit outside of her spot - i usually pull it to lake, and then kite on grass), then you kite forward. They give you cap XP at 73 - that means 10% of xp Bar each kill= 10 kills ding = less than 2 kites. They continue to give cap till about 85-90...

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:55 pm

Eh, sorry, but I can't do snakes or ninja droids because I can't get there. I don't have a yalm and I'm Omni, which makes it impossible to me to get there. I can't run, because I'd get omgwtfbbqpwned by whatever nasty happens to be in the way, and I can't whompa because the clan guards will shoot me.

So does that imply claws until I have the credits to get a lowish QL yalm? Or is there any other option that can net me decent money as well?

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:34 am

[horribly offtopic] Well, ive always found missions are a great source of cash. Just run through them with your layers and mezz, a bit of b&e and you can liberate all thier chest goodies. :wink:

Use clicksaver to find you missions with nice rewards (shopfood mostly) and cash slider settings. Best bet imho is set clicksaver to flag up any mission worth more than say 100k and running those. [/tangent]
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:38 am

Firnagzen wrote:Eh, sorry, but I can't do snakes or ninja droids because I can't get there. I don't have a yalm and I'm Omni, which makes it impossible to me to get there. I can't run, because I'd get omgwtfbbqpwned by whatever nasty happens to be in the way, and I can't whompa because the clan guards will shoot me.

So does that imply claws until I have the credits to get a lowish QL yalm? Or is there any other option that can net me decent money as well?
I had the same problem and I got:
MrCoffee wrote:
twoshots wrote:Just wanted to ask a little advice on getting to one of the areas mentioned in this thread - namely Belial Snakes (Belial Forest).

As an omni how do I get there without a yalm? I tried the grid and can't seem to get close, and whompa-ing isn't an option as omni. Can any give me a hint? :)
Suck it up and get a yalm. You'll never look back, its amazingly awesome. Or, get a boosted hacked graft for sparrow flight, since you're an NT and will be using most of your nano skills for a yalm every 15 minutes. (QL 200 boosted graft should be 15min cooldown if i remember correctly).

Getting the 5m credits required dosent really take too long, either find some low QL items to sell (OETs, Galahads, etc) in shop terminals, make a set of the +Complit/pistol/fling armor (RollerRat quest) or whatnot to pull the cash together. But as you get close to level 60, you should be able to pull enough cash together for a yalm.
Quoted it again because, well, Mr Coffee is right :?

Another option if it suits you is farming Personal Safes in Foremans for a steady if not exciting stream of income.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 am

Ah well, then on to farming for a yalm, and then on to snakessssss I guess. Thanks!

(Though actually I'm going to finish farming a set of Notum Saturated metaplast first. Even if you don't consider it a good armour, I'm still getting it if only for bragging rights, so shush!)

EDIT: Question, am I likely to need GSF for Belial snakes? I have a hacked graft for playful cub, bringing my speed to somewhere around 300 (I think.), is that enough?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 am

I recently got my omni's without yalms to the ninja droids (to get them kited with my NT). It's quite possible; there ain't too much mobs on the way, you just have to run around a few a be careful. It's quite a long run though. And all I found out was that the ninja droids don't give xp to omni's since they are omni! After a while of trying to find out why I didn't get xp, they were killed by one of the dyna bosses over there :evil:.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Mmmm, poking around, found this: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/ ... 0009-1.png (Not my screenie.)

Could anyone tell me whether I'll need speed buffs for them? Also, what do they drop? (Ie. Any monster parts? Monster parts gooooooooood.)

Ps. I know the guy in the screenie has the speed and evade buffs, but the question is, do I need them, at level 70+? (300+ RS)

stardrow
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stardrow » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:20 am

your kiting list are all well and good for omni/nuets but what about clanners?
where do we kite? lush fields is kinda hard to do for us
RK 1
SallyPo- MP/54/omni
Zalkova- MA/84/omni
Mednin - Doc/?/nuet/unit member of eventide
RK 2
Tiasuke- Engi/61/omni

To bad the name spike was already taken.

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:40 am

stardrow: orly? Grid to harry's, go on other side with ferry and fly south.... where's the hard job about that? :P

stardrow
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stardrow » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:50 pm

level 31 with no yalm or other flying ability
RK 1
SallyPo- MP/54/omni
Zalkova- MA/84/omni
Mednin - Doc/?/nuet/unit member of eventide
RK 2
Tiasuke- Engi/61/omni

To bad the name spike was already taken.

Nixos
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Nixos » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:56 pm

stardrow wrote:level 31 with no yalm or other flying ability
Easy enough to run, you just have to be wary of some pythons that roam around near the river.