The Kiting Areas from 1 to 200

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Ok cool, i might try that. Btw remaking this thread.
My mind... will destroy you.

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 pm

flyingengi wrote:I just figured I would post this warning for those of you who are kiting at PW borgs.

If you decide you want to make "borg soup" (aka friend pulls a bunch of borgs into acid pool with yalm while you nuke the h*** out of them), it is bannable. Many ppl have been banned for doing this bc attacking a mob where it cannot attack you back is considered cheating. And they are not very nice about this sort of thing.

This also happens when you stand behind abby in the sub and attack him. I got "talked to" on my engi. But they only gave me a warning.

BTW, I would nvr kite borgs like that >.> (lvls 120-140 flew by lol)
You know I use to use that spot behind abby to kill him without ever taking a single hit, mainly for the xp (and a bit of revenge for all the times he killed me lol). However, I tried it a couple months ago with a couple different toons and I believe FC fixed that spot because now abby was able to not only hit me while in that spot, but he could now come up there to that spot as well where he nor his ugly guards could get there previously. I got my fixer to level 37 and abby was the only thing that gave me XP then.

As for using water for kiting or killing mobs. I feel that it should be ok because it's part of the game and mobs can attack while in water. They just can't hit you when your not in the water with them or your out of their attack range and to me this is no different than kiting them on ground and staying out of their effective attack range due to run speed buffs and/or use of snares. So effectively you are using the water as a another form of snares. It's not like NT's can survive easy using AOE Nukes anyway. Any advantage you can get as an NT is more out of necessity rather than trying to exploit the game. Now if an enforcer or keeper was doing this, then it's clearly not a necessity like it is for NT. With NT using water could be the difference between gaining 100k xp or losing 2 million xp in seconds....not a huge benefit for the risk of kiting in my opinion.

if they want to ban for using water, then they should ban for running the circle of death around borgs....making ranged mobs run so they can't attack is no different than dragging them to water so they can't attack. So I say, don't be picky with what is considered an exploit, be thorough and fair with everything.

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:25 pm

It's not whether or not they SHOULD ban people for doing it. The fact of the matter is that people WILL be banned for borg soup. FC reserves the right to consider anything that people do as an exploit if they feel it is against their terms of use. In general, if you use any terrain features to hit a mob without fear of retaliation (i.e. There is absolutely no way for the mob to reach you where you are standing), then it is considered an exploit.

And when froobs are banned, it's a permanent ban. So I would step around this lightly.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 pm

hahnsoo wrote:
Pumpkinguy wrote:Just went to claw camp, it's now NERFED with lvl 80+ Slayerdroids, and they surround the camp in a perfect circle, bye bye GA and NS farming
This is old news. It is still possible to kite, however, if you can keep the aggro from the Slayerdroids on a separate higher level character in a Yalm.
Even easier way, is to just agro all the slayers, and pull them away from the camp (yalm/running/whatever). You can then alt+f4 twice for a logout, or just die to them. Either way, they will just stay wherever you left them. This is how I'm still kiting the shades, and its damn good exp.
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

cmistark
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cmistark » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:48 pm

MrCoffee wrote:
hahnsoo wrote:
Pumpkinguy wrote:Just went to claw camp, it's now NERFED with lvl 80+ Slayerdroids, and they surround the camp in a perfect circle, bye bye GA and NS farming
This is old news. It is still possible to kite, however, if you can keep the aggro from the Slayerdroids on a separate higher level character in a Yalm.
Even easier way, is to just agro all the slayers, and pull them away from the camp (yalm/running/whatever). You can then alt+f4 twice for a logout, or just die to them. Either way, they will just stay wherever you left them. This is how I'm still kiting the shades, and its damn good exp.
Just run south and train to zone...then run east or west and zone back in, they'll stay where they are once you zone.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Tarradax wrote:There's several spots in PW that have a bugged mob spawn, and spawn literally dozens of Sand Incubus. Not sure how fit the zone is for kiting, but have a looksy here.

The location is in PW, Pos: 2602.8, 841.1.
checked them with my 150ish NT: they are zillions of dune fiends/demons/etc in the south western part of PW, which are from 100 to 150. good alternative to the claws camp as it got nerfed. I guess, if you do a lil twinkage and have expansions, you can cast BoH on them. me, i am using VE and dont need HoT or GSF to do them at 150. I get only 20k xp, but they are really relaxing :)
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:50 am

I did the same just today on my lvl 61 NT, Gained 8 lvls from kite before a Sand Eremite killed me. I estimate If i had finished I would've gain 4-6 more.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:25 pm

at 60ish? quite impressive, i'd say. You are froobie?
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Pumpkinguy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pumpkinguy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Yes, I am a froob. I use ql 44 carb, ql 75 imps, an ex robe and a pair of ql3 OETs. I kite using MC Mocham, GSF, Dr Hack n Quack, Int Boost, Stam Boost, MC Expertise, PNH, First Aid Expertise and the first nano range buff. It isnt that hard, kites last about an hour though, and it is very very tough not to get killed halfway through. I kite normally at belail snakes, and my succes rate (completing at least 1 lvl before dying) is about 70%, but in 50% of that 70% I gainat least 2. I have been doing this since lvl 40 though. And It wasnt 8 lvls, it was 6, i counted the two i had gotten before by accident.

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 am

I just wanted to check that when you say claw camp in PM you mean the one at 400x800? (West of the Bothackers camp.)

If so then I should add that I have been there on a couple of occasions in the last week or so and it is has not been nerfed. Although there are slayerdriods in the area they are not a problem. It has been fairly easy to level in this area, pulling the claws west towards the water.

Edit: Have been back today and had to pull the slayerdroids away from the camp. Fairly easy to do just, get in aggro range and run south for a bit and zone out to the west. If you have the runspeed (which you should as you're kiting) then you should able to pull several at once. If you don't pull them too far and don't kill them they will stay out of the way. Alternatively kite them as well ;)

Also on using features to nuke mobs when they are unable to attack back: there is a rocky outcrop in Varmint Woods just south and east of the Majestic Bridge crossing (870x2400) between A300 soldiers (or something like it) and a blubbag dyna camp. You can nuke the blubbags from this outcrop and they usually fail to get to you, trying to walk straight up the slope towards you. However, the dyna boss will usually have the 'intelligence' to walk round slightly a come up the side of the hill. Not really of any great benefit as there aren't sufficient blubags to make the xp worth while. I did it without even thinking about it being an exploit on a tour of Rubi-Ka whilst trying to ungimp my first ever toon.

twoshots
Hardened
Hardened

Post by twoshots » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:57 am

Just wanted to ask a little advice on getting to one of the areas mentioned in this thread - namely Belial Snakes (Belial Forest).

As an omni how do I get there without a yalm? I tried the grid and can't seem to get close, and whompa-ing isn't an option as omni. Can any give me a hint? :)

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 pm

twoshots wrote:Just wanted to ask a little advice on getting to one of the areas mentioned in this thread - namely Belial Snakes (Belial Forest).

As an omni how do I get there without a yalm? I tried the grid and can't seem to get close, and whompa-ing isn't an option as omni. Can any give me a hint? :)
Suck it up and get a yalm. You'll never look back, its amazingly awesome. Or, get a boosted hacked graft for sparrow flight, since you're an NT and will be using most of your nano skills for a yalm every 15 minutes. (QL 200 boosted graft should be 15min cooldown if i remember correctly).

Getting the 5m credits required dosent really take too long, either find some low QL items to sell (OETs, Galahads, etc) in shop terminals, make a set of the +Complit/pistol/fling armor (RollerRat quest) or whatnot to pull the cash together. But as you get close to level 60, you should be able to pull enough cash together for a yalm.
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

Lizzardbot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lizzardbot » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:15 pm

ugh i keep on dieing at sw mines =[, thanks though ^.^ very helpful

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:57 am

I came across a note on the main AO forums, saying Outtos out in The Longest Road were good to kite. Can anyone confirm, and tell me where exactly in TLR they are? (Ps. I'm not asking on the AO forums because I can't. The darn thing won't let me log in, no idea why.)

Woodlands
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Woodlands » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 am

I'm guessing the one that's a little bit West when you exit the crater thingy area (where the Foreman's dungeon is located)?

Edit: 1590x1020, there's a herd of Outtos there.
Current status: Playing on and off during the weekends.
Alt-itis: Nanowoody 49/Omni/NT/NM -> Utterly phail at kiting Level 81 claws. Trader, MP, Soldier, Enfo, Crat, heck..I've got one of each prof!
Woodlands - Level 178 + dual Crispies. Hates the grinding again.
Future wish list: 2x Gelid Blades, MoTR.