Improvement Suggestions

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Improvement Suggestions

Post by Goldberg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:09 am

Every now and then FC releases new patch with some nice froob usable items, mostly weapons and some nanos, im not complainning by all means but i think if they add new pistols and weapons for exmaple then why not throw in some nuke for the froob NT?!
So.. here are my few suggestions and ideas for some improvment for the froob NT community:

Nuke-Wise :
- Nukes can cost alot, heres an idea to save some cash for new NTs: a leveling nuke, there are items and nanos that has diffrent effects based on you level (eg/ Living Codex of Izgimmer, Shutdown Skills etc...), dont make it OP'd but decent dmg for each level.
- Could add some new nukes for the high level NTs, we only have a few worth using and they all strickly locked to TL6, something for TL5 and 4 could be nice there.
- The dots are useless, should redo them altogather, or even instead of the dots add a "nano pool dot"....just an idea.

Buff-Wise :
- Althought it might sound "rude" but the NS (intel/psy) should remove the expention tag and ill explain; every proffasion has a buff that give some amount of basic ability or attecking ability (even crats and Engis) something that can be used to twink items, everyone other then the froob NT, maybe if not the +20 intel /psy then add a buff that boosts by +7 lets say.
- Same as above theres a place for some low buff that boosts MC by a small amount.
- Nano pool: its a PAIN of us froob NTs, it could be nice to see an imporvemnt there, maybe faster ticks on the HE line? or a new +nano delta self buffing line? or another HE line.. something like HE1 and HE2 (could be selfbuffed only).

Item-Wise:
- A cool improvement would be some +nano dmg / healing eficnty jobe clusters.
- anything that adds some +nano dmg which is froob useable (there are only 4-5 items for that) maybe on the wrists?

This is not a rant (if it sounds like that to anyone :S) so share your thoughts and ideas if you have some :)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: Improvement Suggestions

Post by EDTA » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:47 am

First of all, I more often feel overpowered then underpowered as NT, so I wouldn't insist on too much :).

Though the things you mention do make sense. With the idea of a glass-cacon in mind we should get more damage. Resonance Blast at lvl 195 (but also Candycane and Curruption of the Pest) does quite some damage and TL7 NT's also got some pvm-damage boost as I understood, but the other levels could use some love here.
I would also love something like NS :D.

MC boost I don't consider as necesary or something, not that I wouldn't like it, but it's just not needed. If anything it should be less then the mp boosts and not stack with them, just a way to avoid buff-begging then I guess ;).

161 nm NT and I have a hard time running out of nano :). Do nanodelta stuff or anything. I do run out of nano, but it no PAIN at all. At lower levels it is though.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 am

Personally I think the recent additions of Nano Targeting Helpers and the Smuggled Nanite Merit Board Base are quite nice, assuming this board and two Ql225 targeting helpers you've gotten a 10% boost in DD.
Although very hard to equip (but not impossible on at least a nanomage), the Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist adds another 1% damage and is froob usable.
Added to that, the new weapons are usable by all professions including NT. I must admit I'm not really sure which weapons you mean, but I will assume you are referring to the recent 000 weapons. Even though almost noone uses them :D

edit; reading over it I realise my post is aimed at mainly tl6 froob NTs, which may not be the target group you had in mind. Still though, the nanotargeting helper and weapon options are available for all levels.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader
Luettl 170 bureaucrat Haadriah 163 martial artist Mueny 136 meta-physicist
Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor Vladdy 64 trader
Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Fun fact: I was on my 150something (Expansion) NT and teamed with Z's NT (180something?) in IS... Until level 155 (When I finally got the first deck nuke that can OD IEF), he did way more damage than me and didn't run out of nano. My NT has several pieces of combined officer, QL240+ Miy and any possible +Nanodamage perk/research done. Honestly, if this was any other profession, things would be completely opposite... Fr00b NTs are definitely not in a bad position.

Also: The NT DoT lines. Yes, completely useless (Except the AoE DoT for kite-gathering anyway). WTB replacement in the form of something... Else. Don't really care what - Some self-buff for MC or INT/PSY would be awesome.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:24 pm

I think that merely is because NT's lack pvm damage, also for Expansion Players. Especially for expansion players indeed since they are supposed to be better :P. Z probably used the lvl 185 locked CoTP which is where damage starts to get way better :).
RK2

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:22 am

Heyas,

Nope, i didn't used CoTP back then. Still need a MP to cast it and i only find them in raiding situations. I was on IEF only, if i recall it correctly.
Did you made a damagedump, Tarra? I know my Arbalest does some nice damage in there.

regarding the nano: i have a relative high nano delta from my imps (~130 with all stuff). That combined with my current cost (-22% ?) and my current HE (+191) helps a lot. Additionally: Didnt you had your Expansion Notum Aura Perk Thingy Stuffs running which helps alot?

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:59 am

DocJones wrote:Heyas,

Nope, i didn't used CoTP back then. Still need a MP to cast it and i only find them in raiding situations. I was on IEF only, if i recall it correctly.
Did you made a damagedump, Tarra? I know my Arbalest does some nice damage in there.

regarding the nano: i have a relative high nano delta from my imps (~130 with all stuff). That combined with my current cost (-22% ?) and my current HE (+191) helps a lot. Additionally: Didnt you had your Expansion Notum Aura Perk Thingy Stuffs running which helps alot?

regards
/Z
Ran DD, you had more nanobot-based damage. (8s cast time + Full DEF because the tank was poster-boy for "Incompetence" was not a good contributer... Although you DID also die way more times than me).

Also nanopool, there's one important thing to notice: IEF is 532 nano, 145 deck nuke is 807. And you're nanomeat so you cap cost reduction at a more favorable number.

After reduction and HE, IEF shoots for no nanocost while the deck nuke still chews nano up. 7k nano total, end result is running dry on prolonged non-stop fighting. Someone had a massive miscalculation there since the 155 nuke takes a few nanopoints less to cast.... *shrug*

/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:22 am

NT's have so much nanocost reduction and regaining abilities that they might forget Nano Rechargers :D.
RK2

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 am

Heyas,

Nah, i dont forget them. I only need a treatment buff to use my 210+ish ones. And interrupting the fight for Nano Stim/Rechargers can cost you a whole place on the DD list :D

regards
/Z
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:04 am

Chaincasting IEF with probably less nanocost reduction and nano-regain then each of you (Z and Tarra) doesn't make me run out of nano when I just use Ql 125 Nano Rechargers. And I can just use them during the recharge of my nuke so I don't lose time with it. My comment was mainly meant to Tarra since he seemed to whine on running dry. Or he might be whining on miscalculated nanopoints on one nuke. Or on being beaten my a froob. Can't really tell :D, probably on all of them :P.
(I just like to pester Tarra too much :twisted:, it's fun how he just goes in the defense instead of killing you, when you pester kind enough :D)
RK2

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:24 am

EDTA wrote:Chaincasting IEF with probably less nanocost reduction and nano-regain then each of you (Z and Tarra) doesn't make me run out of nano when I just use Ql 125 Nano Rechargers. And I can just use them during the recharge of my nuke so I don't lose time with it. My comment was mainly meant to Tarra since he seemed to whine on running dry. Or he might be whining on miscalculated nanopoints on one nuke. Or on being beaten my a froob. Can't really tell :D, probably on all of them :P.
(I just like to pester Tarra too much :twisted:, it's fun how he just goes in the defense instead of killing you, when you pester kind enough :D)
Actually, just an observation on the status of fr00b NTs vs. their expansion counterparts - No other prof can come close at TL5, most get outdone by TL3-4. I'd point out you've completely failed reading again, but that's redundant. I can do that in other threads.

/End derail.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:32 am

Heyas,

Acutally, when it comes to comparison of froobs with expansion players there is ageneral rule that the payers are ~25 levels ahead of the froob (due to perks & equipment).
Seems that turns out to be quite true in that case. Not that i wanted to say i am better than Tarra (no need to state the obvious :D )

EDIT: tarra posted in between...
regards
/Z
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:58 am

I have no idea what these 2 froob NTs talking about :S maybe because im a Solitus (which is only 5% from NM) even with cap nano cost and HE (+191 HE) i cant hold a fight without using stims, not to mention kits, in team situation when i can use the nano rechargers when i lose agg then i wouldnt complain, but you cant ignore the problem that HE isnt enough even i you use nano stims...

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Heyas,

i have 110 nano delta from imps and 191 from my current HE. Given the fact, that IEF has 532 nano cost with a breed based max cost reduction of -55%, i will end up at nano costs of ~293. thats easily covered by HE/nano delta, even if i haven't yet enough abilities to cap the tick at 2sec. (which i dont need to, IEF recharge is ~5sec, with my 1200ish nano init its instacasted).

Hint: work on your imps. ;) actually, i have a few more nano delta thingies on (the crystals from IS give another +6)

regards
/Z
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 am

yes, i feagured you have high nano delta, sadly it conflicts with the aad clusters :|