Holy trinity of nukes

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Holy trinity of nukes

Post by Firnagzen » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:16 am

I'm refering, of course, to Resonance Blast, Candycane and Corruption of the Pest.

Now, I'm just curious; are there any froob NTs who can self and insta-cast The Nukes? (Well, not resonance blast, obviously.) And what set up do you use?

Because, using AOskills to project, at level 200, even with a QL200 Nano formula recompiler and some Miy's it's not possible.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Holy trinity of nukes

Post by Tarradax » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:03 am

Tackled the question with my NT, in regards to instacasting:

Below 1200 init, every 200 nanoinit is -1s cast. So, 1200 nanoinit = -6s cast = Resonance and Corruption are now 3s casts.

Then the problem starts: Beyond 1200 nanoinit, every 600pts is -1s cast. So to get from 3s to 2s, you'd need 1200 + 600 = 1800 nanoinit. I doubt that even with OS and triple +Nanoinit imps you can pull this off.

The only remaining factor is to fiddle with Agg/Def bar - Full AGG drops cast time by another 0.75s which, in turns, means that none of these 3 nanos are instacastable by fr00bs.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 am

Heyas,

i go along with Tarra here:
  • Resonance Blast is capped at 1s, so you need to get 8 sec from your Nano Init, which translates into 1200 (6sec) + 1200 (2sec) = 2400 to get to the fastes possible rate
  • Candycane has no cap, but needs 10.5s to cast thats another 1200+1500=2700 Nano init O.o ...
  • Corruption of The Pest has no cap either, and only 9 secs with translates into ~2500 Nano init to insta cast
As for the ability to self it: if you go the Weapon MC buffing route (Soft Pepper, ...) you may be able to cast them self all three. Without it, you may stuck with the "Corruption of the Pest" only. I haven't done the exact math, but my feeling tells me, that ~1050 nanoskills are a bit steep for a froob. My QL200/Miy's/Dr Jones Vest NM NT hast ~950 at level 184, but i am wielding a bow.

regards
/z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Blutblume
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Blutblume » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Actually 1800 nano init as a froob NT IS possible.
With OS, crat buffs and coffee my 200 nano NT got 1916 (1723 selfbuffed) nano init and 1075 MC selfed. That's with 220ish implants, Maw (no buffing gun), towers and an extreme init setup :P
With a pocket MP you can even install a Nano Init Head imp for an extra +110ish init.
I'd say 2100ish nano init is possible with lots of sacrifices and the right buffs. Use your Illusionist cloak for that short time +300 nano init buff and voila: 2400 init for a capped RB ;)
Blutblume - 200 NT
Annietime - 199 Assault Rifle Doc

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm

I made a nano-init based setup:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=120814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since I found this about the nano breed service suit:
"Before you go on, this armor is one of rarest found on Rubi-Ka. So far only handfull of pieces were found, even if it made ingame years ago (only confirmed drop is reported from lvl 59 Nano Breed mob inside mission). And since it's limited buffs, mostly collectors would be interested in it. "
I doubt you'll find all pieces you want :P.
These 4 parts can be replaced with 4x notum saturated metaplast (which is better AC and buff-wise anyway :P), reducing the setup showing with 140 nano-init.
718 seems to be maxed base at lvl 200.
1088-140+718=1666
I guess a few more things can put a few points in nano-init, but doesn't seem much... So I'm guessing bb's 57 more points come from trickle down of a few sense and agi buffing items. But at the other hand that would require like +250 agi/sense so only explains this partly :P. Hmm what else can their be...? Oh I know towers and contracts :D!
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Post by C++ This! » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Those accelerated NCU doodads will add like 30pts or so total, for your other NCU slots. Pity froobs cant use viral compilers anymore.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Blutblume wrote:Actually 1800 nano init as a froob NT IS possible.
With OS, crat buffs and coffee my 200 nano NT got 1916 (1723 selfbuffed) nano init and 1075 MC selfed. That's with 220ish implants, Maw (no buffing gun), towers and an extreme init setup :P
With a pocket MP you can even install a Nano Init Head imp for an extra +110ish init.
I'd say 2100ish nano init is possible with lots of sacrifices and the right buffs. Use your Illusionist cloak for that short time +300 nano init buff and voila: 2400 init for a capped RB ;)
Ah, Blutblume, hoped you kicked in. :) I studied your setup on test as i was very surprised seeing you chaining the top level nukes on the combined raid there.
I am more interessted in your MC setup, since i - without having done the math so far - still doubt i can self cast all three top nukes. How much MC you gain from your tower?
With triple imped MC and a mildly MC focused armor setup i am currently stuck (at late TL5) with ~955 MC (give or take a few, depending on trickle). From 190 to 200 i'll get another 50 points squeezed in and 14 points more if i go from 200ish imps to 220 refined ones. That leaves me sitting at ~1020 MC, still lacking 50....
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:00 am

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=120856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the above setup with some mc added (I left mc spots open :P). Base is 724. +309 comes directly from this setup. +12 comes from this setup with int trickle down. 20 from expertise and another 2 from ints boost tricle down. 724+309+12+2+20=1067 --> nearly as much as Blutblume, and enough to cast them all.

Triple implanting stamina only gave 6 points so I scratched that - especially since there is nice things in those spots to help you survive :P. I also forgot about expertise at first and even reached 1047 without it :D.

Btw, I recently found a nice site for trickle down calculations :D : http://www.lotekk.net/ao/trickle/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RK2

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:43 am

Ok, thanks for that nice setup, EDTA.
I've had a peek at it & I have a few questions:
  • Why not a third "Mutated Eremite Leg" in the Util2 Slot? Gives another point in MC and some MaxNano, too. Reserved for Treatment library?
  • You have only the TL5 "Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist". TL6 gives 6 more MC.
  • Intelligent Nano Armor Shoulderpad Anyone know where they drop?
  • I am not sure if you can squeeze 220ish imps into Head, Eye and R-Hand, since the Eye & R-Hand holds both MC and treatment, at least the Bright Eye Slot is important for NanoInit, so it may be hard to twink them on
Other than that: Merlin wristband is hard to get (?)?
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 am

DocJones wrote:
  • Why not a third "Mutated Eremite Leg" in the Util2 Slot? Gives another point in MC and some MaxNano, too. Reserved for Treatment library?
Such a habit to have treatment library there that I didn't even knew it was possible :P. I guess you can replace the treatment library with this when ur done twinking :) and you don't need the treatment for a dynamic setup or a better First AId Kit.
DocJones wrote:
  • You have only the TL5 "Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist". TL6 gives 6 more MC.
Oops, I copy-paste it from my setup for lvl 174 I made :P. Should be TL6 one ofcourse.
DocJones wrote: [/list]
Looking to auno's comments on other intelligent shoulderpads, I'd say that they are bossloot (mission and dyna).
DocJones wrote: Other than that: Merlin wristband is hard to get (?)?
Guess it depends how hard you consider it to do tara a bunch of times... Not sure how much points they would go for...
RK2

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:55 am

Scratch that out: tara is Sloob only - and there we are back on same old story. Buy it or dont have it :P

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 am

Agentcrt wrote:Scratch that out: tara is Sloob only - and there we are back on same old story. Buy it or dont have it :P
[Mod Note: Tara is sloob-only on RK1. RK2, froobs can still participate in Tara raids afaik.]
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka