Some advice needed

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Some advice needed

Post by Firnagzen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Well, my NT is now level 126, with this setup. (Not the Jeuru's Oscillating Ligature though, not yet. That is to come.)

I can cast VE unbuffed, but it really eats my nano. Now, the problem is, being solitus, I don't exactly have a huge nanopool, and I'm still 39 T&S away from Boundless Humidity Extractor. But I've hit the title cap for all my nano skills already. And the rather limited nanopool means that while I can do borgs, I tend to run out of nano on the Generals, which have the most HP of all. And I can't even implant T&S because I need the triple implants for MC.

Any suggestions?

Ps. I'm wearing Neleb's Master Nano Cloak or whatever it's called, but I can't find it in the equipment config?

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: Some advice needed

Post by Tarradax » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:03 pm

Master Robe on Auno.

One suggestion I can give you is to replace the Metaplast Six-Shooter with a Soft Pepper. The extra MC will give you extra which might help in ditching the implant and swapping for TS.

Also, what's with the Recondite Flames?
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:25 pm

The bracer... well, there aren't a whole lot of good froob wrist items out there.

Also, I like the metaplast shooter, and I did consider the soft pepper route, but it doesn't work, unfortunately. Unless I use a QL194 soft pepper, removing even the faded MC will leave me with not enough MC to cast VE, and I can't get a 194 on.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Firnagzen wrote:The bracer... well, there aren't a whole lot of good froob wrist items out there.

Also, I like the metaplast shooter, and I did consider the soft pepper route, but it doesn't work, unfortunately. Unless I use a QL194 soft pepper, removing even the faded MC will leave me with not enough MC to cast VE, and I can't get a 194 on.
I meant that the bracer can't be worn by a NT. MA/Advy only.

As for equipping a 194 Soft Pepper, can probably be done. Triple-imp pistol (Temporarily), 132 wrangle, EP = Already totals to ~500pts. Keep in mind that even if the gun is at 25% OE the nanoskill mods aren't affected so it doesn't matter.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Just curious, why are all the metaplast armor pieces such low ql (except for chest piece)?

The pepper pistol is a good idea as tarra mentioned, as long as you can get 900+ pistol skill....

Another alternative, you could get some QL101+ ROP's (+6 to all nano skills), raise the armor pieces (should add up to about 8-11 extra points to all nano skills..those stats for the armor are low, so should be able to get some higher ql on) and then you could put on a lower level pepper pistol instead of the 194 one....For the rings, you can swap back to the ones you have now after you cast BHE.

And last alternative I can think of...get or make a pocket MP and you'll have all the extra nano skills you need....you only need masteries so can make a level 40-50 mp in no time.....infusions or mochams would be ideal though....can do mochams on a 90+ MP rather easy these days. For an MP, it should be easy to fly to a safe distance...maybe sit on top of mort buildings (at least I think you are safe up there) or if in PW sit on top of the mountain tops....worse case scenerio, yalm up or hover with QW's (you'll just have to refresh it every 40 min or so...about the same amount of time you'd need to refresh infusions).

It all depends on your patience and what your willing to do....these may not be what your looking for, but it's all I can think of atm so hopefully something helps you.

Edit: Just thought of something else....could look into some miy's nano armor gloves....I believe at level 120 my solitus toon (though not a NT) was able to equip QL160+ miy's nano armor pieces...not sure how much MC the gloves would give you compared to metaplast though or how important the other nano skills on the metaplast gloves are to you.
Last edited by BigMx on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:49 pm

BigMx wrote:Just curious, why are all the metaplast armor pieces such low ql (except for chest piece)?
Its notum saturated, which drops off the moles/emerites on RK. Pretty rare stuff, and the high QL plates pretty much drop only from HI raids.

Pickup the Magestic Pepper Pistol, and a +3 ring of presense. Swap out your faded MC for TS (that will be a +42 bonus, and hopefully the MPP + RoP will makeup the lacking amount). If you did the quest from Formans to pickup the collar, thats another +7 to a nanoskill of your choice, and your ear implant has psychic, why? Swap that over to +intel for a little more nanoskill trickle. Unless you can pull off a 6/4/2s nano delta, dont even worry about psychic as an important skill. Also, dont forget to not only buff Intel general buff, but also whatever Stat trickles down to MC/TS as well, for an extra single point boost.
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 am

MrCoffee wrote:
BigMx wrote:Just curious, why are all the metaplast armor pieces such low ql (except for chest piece)?
Its notum saturated, which drops off the moles/emerites on RK. Pretty rare stuff, and the high QL plates pretty much drop only from HI raids.

Pickup the Magestic Pepper Pistol, and a +3 ring of presense. Swap out your faded MC for TS (that will be a +42 bonus, and hopefully the MPP + RoP will makeup the lacking amount). If you did the quest from Formans to pickup the collar, thats another +7 to a nanoskill of your choice, and your ear implant has psychic, why? Swap that over to +intel for a little more nanoskill trickle. Unless you can pull off a 6/4/2s nano delta, dont even worry about psychic as an important skill. Also, dont forget to not only buff Intel general buff, but also whatever Stat trickles down to MC/TS as well, for an extra single point boost.

Ok, I see...well I was editing my post when you posted yours...but I added the possibility of using some miy's nano armor pieces instead. I believe at his level he should be able to at least put on some QL160, maybe 170 Miy's nano armor (full set) since the Int/psy requirements are easy to get. If I can do QL160 on a level 100 toon, I'm sure he could do much higher than me.

EDIt: had said something about expensive vest of prof. jones...forgot it's nanomage req....lol

Anway, just thinking...not really done any calculations other than checking up on the metaplast QL...

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 am

Heyas,

I suggest a set of Nano Regenration Clusters. At level 125 you should be able to aim for a QL200ish impset. Tripling Nano Regenration gives you 110 Nano Regeneration each tick. Right Hand Pistol Cluster can be ditched, since the weapons are there just for buffing. I didn't used any weapons during fight 'till about level 165+ on my NT.
That would be a nice addition.
In IS you can find a few Soulmarks which will help a bit, too.

Hope this helps ;)

regards
/z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 am

Personally I prefer Miy's nano armor over Notum saturated. Especially the gloves and the body, but I also like the sleeves for intel, the boots for SI (calms) and dodge ranged, the legs for ncu, ... I think especially the legs and maybe the boots could work better with notum saturated. But you should get ql 200 notum saturated from HI then. When I was your level I was wearing ql 190ish miy's nano, but I am nanomage.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 am

Miy nano gloves will give you waaaaay more MC than that which you have. Also other parts will give you more nanoskills since ql of armor will be higher + they buff nanoskills rather well. Also try to hunt down for Bracer of pacifism (chest loot, gives +hp and +nano) and as some1 said: IS soul mark is also a great wrist item.

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks for all the advice! But I found an alternative solution: A QL150 Guardian Conductor of Mind, and soon, of Corruption. (Mind adds nanopool, Corruption adds MC/TS)

Accomplice
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Accomplice » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 am

don't rely too much on towers. They tend to die fast, esp. at TL5
mmorpg addiction... [1][2][3]