Am I doin' it right?

Bloviator
Fresh
Fresh

Am I doin' it right?

Post by Bloviator » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi all, back again. My fr00b solitus NT is closing in on 70 thanks to a great NT at SW Mines the other day who gave me a good kiting lesson and a solo trip to pleasant meadows last night. I was hoping to get a gut check on whether or not I'm distributing IP and such the right way.

I've been maxing MC. That's a no brainer. I've triple imp'd MC with some custom 80ish imps and without outside buffs its around 450. With fixer run buffs & MP masteries, I'm an AoE machine. Better implants are coming soon.

Also been maxing stam/int/psy, and recently starting bumping up agil & sense (75%) since nano init relies on those two stats. Str is down around half of the others. Do we need psy for any reason other than calms?

I'm wearing dual int pistols (No IP, all from pistol/dual ranged imps). I'd like to get into a couple soft pepper pistols, but the ones I have are too high level at the moment. Soon though.

The rest I've been dividing between body dev (95% of max), nano pool (95%), nano init (95%), comp lit (90%), run speed (80%), other nano skills (50-75%), first aid & treat (75%), evade close (75%), evade ranged (50%). There are NEVER enough IP's, but as I hit TL4 lock shortly, I'll fill these in as I can. Am I missing any?

I have plenty of Miy's Nano and Scary armor waiting for me once I get over the 250 int mark. I am wearing some pieces of rhinoman armor and still wear a couple pieces of ql 15 noob island armor. :roll: I will change it soon! I would shop around, but without access to GMS, shopping takes time away from leveling.

Buying new nanos every few levels is getting expensive. I'll be blitzing with another character once I get up to using ql 90+ nanos. A true new player couldn't possibly afford to buy all the nanos we need without funding from some other source. I am not keeping track but I started with a 100,000 credit bankroll, then added another 500,000 credits upon leaving the subway, then 5,000,000 for a low ql yalm (cost 5.1 mil), and by looting & selling everything except monster parts, my character has less than 100,000 credits left. I haven't bought much of anything but expertise nanos, AoE nanos, fast cast nukes, and upgraded versions of the humidity extractor and range increaser nanos.

I've got 14 tokens. Yep, 14. I will likely wait until 100 to maximize token gain, unless I need to take a break from leveling.

Gotta tell ya though, damn its fun! :D Watching the trail of mobs running behind and falling in a row like that beats the crap of pressing 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, etc. healing and moving to the next one. You have to pay attention and actually coordinate between running, stopping, casting, using stims, and keeping track of what's left. Very freakin' fun!

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Am I doin' it right?

Post by jato » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Bloviator wrote:Do we need psy for any reason other than calms?

Iand by looting & selling everything except monster parts, my character has less than 100,000 credits left.

I've got 14 tokens. Yep, 14. I will likely wait until 100 to maximize token gain, unless I need to take a break from leveling.
Psychic Trickles Down into Nanopool, some nanoskills, and is often used for a lot of armour you might want. (if i misread it and you meant Psy. mod, then its used for calms, nano cost reduction buffs, and blinds. so fairly useful)

Loot monster parts, keep em stored away in a backpack, then when you get the time, ask a friendly Tradeskiller to juice them for you (It's nice to let him take a couple as a tip) And vendor the blood plasma, they are worth lots.

And get on with your token board :P (if not, the collar from CoH - drops of basically every mob, is a good bet)
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Am I doin' it right?

Post by DocJones » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Bloviator wrote:... I'd like to get into a couple soft pepper pistols, but the ones I have are too high level at the moment. ...
Soft Pepper's are not dual wieldable...
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

MrCoffee
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by MrCoffee » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:02 pm

Soft pepper pistols are pretty easy to get on.

First off, get an NCU buff from a fixer. Then get EP from an engy (+120 pistol), Pistol mastery (+20) general, Wrangle for another +132 and the soljah Pistol expert(?) for another +50. With this, you should easily be able to get at least a QL 100 pistol on with minimal IP spent. Also, temp implants are your friends. You dont need to worry about the pistols going OE, since the buffs they'll be giving you will not be effected.
Icydoc - Lv 200 - RK1

Bloviator
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bloviator » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Reached 114 on extreme SE Perpetual Wasteland & Belial Snakes and a few team missions. Good food those Belial forest snakes, but with a 3+ hour respawn time, even the ninjas outside of Wine aren't that good at filling in between spawns.

I've long since updated my nano's & armor, so I'm good there. Thanks to blitzing with calms... I had been AoE'g so much, I almost forgotten NT's had roots & calms making find person missions a 20 second ordeal! All I need now is a place to use the new nanos. I've read the kiting post here and on the official boards, and it seems Southern Artery Valley and maybe Eastern Foul Planes near medusas are the next step... ?

I see the high level borgs in NE PW for when I get into the 130-140 range, but I'm at a loss until I get there. Any input gladly accepted.

BTW, have many froobs have taken AoE all the way to 200?