Suggestion: social weapons and casting

Is this a good suggestion?

Yes
15
54%
No
13
46%
 
Total votes: 28

User avatar
Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Nicodar » Wed May 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Weeping Willow wrote:there's a big difference between nuking ... and initiating attack (pressing Q or special)

if you get nuked only ... you can sit and recharge health and HP ... you can sneak ... etc ...

I love parry stick docs in pvp that UBT you ... and watch you sit and remove it with scanner without pressing Q ....

hence the difference ...
I'd like to see how you explain that said doc didn't attack you though.
Image

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

User avatar
Esdian
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Esdian » Wed May 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Voted not unless they allow me to shoot while weilding Dual Leets.
Esdian
Image
Image
WOOT! 200 slayer SELF casting.. At TL5 caps on a froob!

EDTA
Moderaidtor
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am
Location: Belgium

Post by EDTA » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 am

Esdian wrote:Voted not unless they allow me to shoot while weilding Dual Leets.
Great, the what I can't get, no one should get argument :( .
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

User avatar
Esdian
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Esdian » Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 pm

EDTA wrote:Great, the what I can't get, no one should get argument :( .
Its a Social tab, If you can cast attack nanos with it enabled, but someone else cant Attack With social weapons then it IS not fair. I mean what makes NTs so special to get social weapons while everyone else is forced to use normal? Whats fair for 1 is fair for all.
Esdian
Image
Image
WOOT! 200 slayer SELF casting.. At TL5 caps on a froob!

EDTA
Moderaidtor
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am
Location: Belgium

Post by EDTA » Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 am

Esdian wrote:
EDTA wrote:Great, the what I can't get, no one should get argument :( .
Its a Social tab, If you can cast attack nanos with it enabled, but someone else cant Attack With social weapons then it IS not fair. I mean what makes NTs so special to get social weapons while everyone else is forced to use normal? Whats fair for 1 is fair for all.
I'm not talking about fair here. I'm just saying that it's selfish to say: no I don't want you to have more fun, while you don't even get worse from it yourself.
About the fairness: you can even say that it is unfair not to give it if there is not a good reason for this. Well there might be one reason as you state and that's fairness itself... hmm, complicated....
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

User avatar
Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Nicodar » Fri May 16, 2008 8:18 am

EDTA wrote:
Esdian wrote:
EDTA wrote:Great, the what I can't get, no one should get argument :( .
Its a Social tab, If you can cast attack nanos with it enabled, but someone else cant Attack With social weapons then it IS not fair. I mean what makes NTs so special to get social weapons while everyone else is forced to use normal? Whats fair for 1 is fair for all.
I'm not talking about fair here. I'm just saying that it's selfish to say: no I don't want you to have more fun, while you don't even get worse from it yourself.
About the fairness: you can even say that it is unfair not to give it if there is not a good reason for this. Well there might be one reason as you state and that's fairness itself... hmm, complicated....
Hrm which would you say is more selfish: giving something to a select group that you happen to be a part of or giving the same thing to everyone? Cause I fail to see how taking the giving it to everyone or no one stance instead of this one group and no one else stance is the selfish stand point.
Image

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

EDTA
Moderaidtor
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am
Location: Belgium

Post by EDTA » Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Nicodar wrote:Hrm which would you say is more selfish: giving something to a select group that you happen to be a part of or giving the same thing to everyone? Cause I fail to see how taking the giving it to everyone or no one stance instead of this one group and no one else stance is the selfish stand point.
I'm just saying that I want more fun somehow which sounds perfectly normal to me. I'm not saying that I only want me (or my group) to have more fun since that would be selfish. I wish everybody could have more fun by using social weapons and I'm not saying they shouldn't. My suggestion is not about keeping it impossible to attack (q/a-key) with social weapons, which is in fact another discussion (you can make another topic/poll about this if you want).
If some group of players (where I don't belong to), would get some kind of advantage that doesn't make me worse, I'd gladly grant it to them. I agree that I would probably be a little jealous, but that's just a dumb feeling I'll try to ignore.
Can you argument that "I don't want you to have more fun" is not what you are saying?
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:34 am
Location: Equestria

Post by Vabla » Sat May 17, 2008 4:11 am

Voted no because that would really affect only one profession (maybe three if you could exp pole crats or chalice drunkard docs).

I'd vote yes if I was allowed to shoot my hair dryers with my rocket launcher though 8)
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt
Image

EDTA
Moderaidtor
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am
Location: Belgium

Post by EDTA » Sat May 17, 2008 4:30 am

:sad7: I think I'm gonna cry since nobody seems to read or understand what I'm saying :sad7:
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Rome Blue Advanced Shop, RK1

Post by hahnsoo » Sat May 17, 2008 9:32 am

EDTA wrote::sad7: I think I'm gonna cry since nobody seems to read or understand what I'm saying :sad7:
Welcome to the Internet. Leave your comprehension at the front door. :D
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

User avatar
Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Jondera1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:07 pm

I voted yes - for one thing, I agree with EDTA's thoughts on the matter, for a second, there's enough incongruous attack imagery already that it really shouldn't matter.

I personally see attacking while wielding social weapons as no different than attacking while under the effects of an Advy morph. How may people here have seen what it looks like to watch a ranged prof fight while in Playful Cub form?
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

User avatar
babaoroody
Hardened
Hardened
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Highway 61
Contact:

Post by babaoroody » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:57 pm

I have to agree with EDTA, and the proposition.

Mimicry and Stealth are all part of nature and warfare.

It is logical that if NT's true weapons are nano casting, that they would be motivated to pick up a weapon if it meant, looking cool, or to help throw off an enemy.

As for other professions, let them think of their own special enhancements to root for. I would find this a definite plus for my NT alt.

In fact the way it is now just seems silly. Casters lose their casting ability simply by picking up a stick? That's just plain goofy.

Also, I would like to give some props to FUNCOM for the recent social tab improvements. I really like seeing a crowd of individuals now where it used to be mostly carbonum armor. :D
Baba
Back in game 2019 after long time away
Mostly playing:
Babaengy - TL4 Engy Froob
Babaemphee - TL4 MP Froob
Babacratus - TL5 nano Bureaucrat (paid account) RK2

Retired or only brought out for special occasions:
Babaoroody - TL5 atrox Enforcer Froob RK2
Babaente - TL3 nano NT Froob
Tireen - TL3 solitus Trader Froob

Post Reply