Show us your NT-setup

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 am

gandoula wrote:my 138 NT atm
here is mine here
as weap i'm with a striped pillow but i plan putting pepper's as i'm in tl4 cap to help selfing Kel's neut as soon as possible.
that not well-balanced setup but it focus on MC, nano init, Run speed, max nano and NanoPool. so that a bit "kiter setup".
Nice offensive Setip, gandoula. I suggest you having a look at the Jobe clusters for Nano Cost(%) and heal/nano delta. They would make a neat addition. The NCU Chips should be converted to Accelerated NCU's givin' you a slight boost.
As for your pepper pistol: I twinked mine on around level 100 (it is a QL151), mostly with OSB's, implants and some IP. Should be easy. But no Kel's for me (stuck at 870 MC and have 6 Levels to go to hit TL5).

As for the Miy's Nano: with 2xVTE and Shade of Lucubration (if you are NM) you should be able to get higher ones in. I possibly have some left over, so send a tell to Zzzzzzwap if you are interessted.
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:16 pm

DocJones wrote:I suggest you having a look at the Jobe clusters for Nano Cost(%) and heal/nano delta.
Just a little point. The QL200 cost chest gives -2% reduction which isnt worth the pain of getting it in imho. The delta clusters clash with +AAD in some spots, which is a more worthwile investment imho.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Well, the QL186 clusters (lowest for a QL200 imp) are quite easy to roll, got mine blizzed from a fellow orgmate. The delta clusters are worth it, i have something around 120 nano/tick which is a medium "built in HE".

As for that +AAD thingy, i am totally noob regarding this. Perhaps a link with some background on it?
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 am

Guys if you are talking about froob then leave ADD stuff at home. Froobs are not in any way possible to get enough AAD to evade most attacks (like 40 or enen 60%) because they do not have perks or any other items that would boost evades skyhigh. I had whole aad setup at lvl 100, with maxed evades and i evaded one attack in 10 - so 10% probably on higher lvl mobs - in pvp... hahaha nothing, thou sometimes if i would fight against froob he missed some shot but that's it. I think the setup based on max nano and such would really do good with nanodelta maxed and of course pshyic but that really starts to matter when you have reached your breed cap and you implant some more to get better tickrate.

@DocJones: aad adds the amount to evades and that means to all evades and works similar than aao. For example GA has AAD and that's why you're impossible to hit but for comparison GA I adds 800+, which is unimplantable for any froob out there so kinda you'd need maxed evades + 800 aad to evade at least some of attacks which is quite impossible without perks or SL symbiants or whatever they have :P

gandoula
Flagged
Flagged

Post by gandoula » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:19 am

yup a couple of eggs add a bit to trickles, that pretty useful.
but about the shades,i have 'em,but i only use them for equips.
a 30 bonus will trickles in 7(cause the +12 generic boost trickle in 3points,so that a 4abilities/ip bonus). i kinda like just +5 in nano and misclaneous mods^^
thannks.
RK2
Zeromp: 161 trox MP
=>froob Kabjunior: 100 piercing doc
=>Kaizoku: 100 agent.
[Sloob]Kabut0: 200/10/8 Doctor [Frozen]

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:34 am

shades of lucubration give +6 in nano skills except MM and BM for which it gives +7. (and +12 in int gives +3 in ns ...)

so Lya glasses are mostly better
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Yulai
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Yulai » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:06 am

Agentcrt wrote:Guys if you are talking about froob then leave ADD stuff at home. Froobs are not in any way possible to get enough AAD to evade most attacks (like 40 or enen 60%) because they do not have perks or any other items that would boost evades skyhigh. I had whole aad setup at lvl 100, with maxed evades and i evaded one attack in 10 - so 10% probably on higher lvl mobs - in pvp... hahaha nothing, thou sometimes if i would fight against froob he missed some shot but that's it.
etc
Just to make it clear - this is only your opinion based on your personal experience. And it is by far not true in every situation.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:06 am

implanting evades and AAD and caping evades is quite interesting if you can fight in full def.

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:31 am

Yulai wrote:Just to make it clear - this is only your opinion based on your personal experience. And it is by far not true in every situation.
I am very interested setup that would make me stand-fight pw borgs at lvl 100 (to 125 if you want) which wouldnt be GA Fix - so kind of setup where i'd evade more than 40% (thats 4 hits out of 10 they hit you - aka geting 8 more seconds of life) of their attacks. Not even GA1 Fix can evade more than 70% of them and I was fighting on full def + had implanted AAD everywhere with ql200 imps.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 am

well, we are quite far from the topic,

but dont judje a setup because you get pwned by a lvl 180+ mob at lvl 100 ...

You can get a very good setup and nevertheless get pwned by some high level mobs.

To get back on topic, the NTs have a nice addition to their defense that is the Blind line ...

so, if you concentrate on evades and AAD and full def and use blinds, you can evade pretty well ....

but, yes, a lvl 100 NT will get pwned by a lvl 180+ borg if standing toe to toe

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:05 am

Weeping Willow wrote:but, yes, a lvl 100 NT will get pwned by a lvl 180+ borg if standing toe to toe
Totaly not far from topic but just proving that aad will not have any affect on frooby NT while kiteing and AAD cluster conflicts with nano healdelta clusters (all except Left Arm) which would be far better for frooby NT which will run out of nano before it will need to evade his borg kite running miles behind :P

So much better advice would be to implant that nano delta to get another small HE and end chaincasting nukes than AAD imp which he will only need when he'll make stupid mistake and ran into kite (and at that time that AAD wont even make a difference since he'll get missed maybe once or twice max)

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:49 am

been there, done that, bought the Tshirt...

I used to have Nano delta implanted on my doc, and if you want to compare at lvl 100, nano delta at lvl 100 wont do much ... because you ll have 14 or 16 secondes nano delta tick.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:30 am

Depends a bit on the QL of the imps: i got my QL200 imps on at around 120 on my NM NT. And i get around 120ish nano/tick (iirc) from them. If i have a PnH running (currently in the huge gap between SHE and BHE) i have never used my emergency notum splice since then.

I haven't drained my nano pool below 30% either, and i have recently done some extreme kiting. At least i consider it like that: send out a MA (kudos to Kohath) to gather one kite while building one myself and joining both kites of PW borges and nuke them down. ;) Next will be sending out a 2nd person to get the third one...

That way i make up to 2M per kite (without cratbuff or pool) from 25+ borgs (can go up to 50). :roll: makes me wonder where i should go when i am around 170 to keep the current speed of xp gain.
Toons:
Rosling
vs.

drto
Flagged
Flagged

Post by drto » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm

i have very old nt like 3 years old, new upgrade was i equiped helpers 208 and 238, wearing 200 notum saturated set, khan+ pepper, setup based on nanodelta and all defense using im the owl 200 and run speed ring, able to cast mockery, ior, pnh, resonance blast selfbuffed

btw saw some nt 195 with PoP casting resonance might be good dmg improvement in 1 target combat :)))
AO fanatic, like those in IS ;)

Toons:
Piskotkas Heaven (19) + CGS (1) + (2) orgless
"MMORPG = Many Men On Role Playing Girls" - some guy at ado hecks (probably Vabla)

Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Lassssi » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Had a nm nt with nano delta setup
- run out of nano only when kiting some dynabosses
- was very squishy in team missions

->turned to aad setup
- run out of nano only when kiting some dynabosses
- not so squishy in team missions

Lessons learned:
The effect of nano delta is minimal at least with nm chars.

Maybe atrox nt would benefit bit more.