Show us your NT-setup

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Show us your NT-setup

Post by EDTA » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:20 am

I thought it might be a good idea to show our equipments to each other. Some people can learn from them, other people can teach how to improve them.

This is mine, or better Edta's

Edta is lvl 89, female, neutral and nanomage

There is 2 items I still want to get and that's a second nano targeting helper and a ring of presence.

I don't know very well if I should replace the NCU coolant Sink with a Hardcore CPU Upgrade or not.

Any tips to improve my setup will be appreciated. And I'll gladly comment other posts as good as I can :wink:
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Show us your NT-setup

Post by Goldberg » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:49 pm

First thing its a very nice setup you got there (I liked the T&S cluster on the right hand!! :) not being cynical)
EDTA wrote: There is 2 items I still want to get and that's a second nano targeting helper and a ring of presence.

I don't know very well if I should replace the NCU coolant Sink with a Hardcore CPU Upgrade or not.

Just a few things I would personaly think you might want to consider changing; get the cpu upgrade and if you lack ncus just loose the coolant sink (imo its a waste of a good ncu slot), unless your not a froob and dont have np issues.. and the TL3 token board is pritty stiff (+400~ np/hp) I think its better then the coller de la bla bla. last thing (after noticing you triple RS) if you didnt know that already (which I doubt you didnt, but still...) you can blitz/buy Playful cub graft and hack it for +100 RS boost. (some things you can never say enough times :P).

Thats what I used this layout, basicly designed of soloing (evades + blinds worked great, she was Solitus so it wasnt too harsh, Ip-wise, to max evedes almost all the way from TL3 up), its not the best, and I know I should have upgraded some armor parts, yet it did the job just fine so I sticked with it, and I'd love to see some more NT layouts :).

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:24 pm

First I'll try to defend myself a bit :P . The reason I equipped a NCU coolant sink is that I simply hate fumbling. Besides, for most things I usually have just enough or just a bit too few nano (waiting a bit on my HE at the end of a kite usually solves this). Only Dyna-kiting causes more serious nanopoints-problems. I'm nanomage with maxed nanopool which can clarify the difference with your solitus.

I just started to fear that the NCU coolant sink doesn't prevent the "You fumbled" message, but only the "The execution of your nanoprogram *Mega-Nuke* was interrupted by *The Big Beast* " -message. Can somebody tell me which one it is?

I believe I'll get the hardcore CPU upgrade anyways, but I don't consider it "urgent" for me.

Second: neutrals don't have token boards :P

Third: I do have a ql 197 Symbio-graft: playful cub, but I don't seem to find a boosted-graft :( (WTB!).

Okay, now about your lay-out:
The only thing I can bring to your attention is that you actually can do with less nanocost-reduction: it is capped on 50% for solitus. Together with Izgimmer's Obfuscated Recompiler (-28 nanocost reduction) you have 62 which is 12 % more then the cap. I guess you could use this knowledge to change some things; examples:
*AC cluster in waist instead
*Concealment Cluster in Ear
* If the main purpose of you body armor is the NP-cost reduction, you might want to change this.

I also wonder why you have nanoprogramming in your right-hand instead of treatment...?

To others I'd also like to point out a trick we both used: implanting B&E. It's a dark blue skill, you will need a bit to be able to open stuff in missions. In the shiny and bright slots of B&E won't fit something useful if you don't use weapons ==> it's a win-win situation. At least that's why I have this; it might be different for Goldberg of course.
RK2

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:52 pm

EDTA wrote:First I'll try to defend myself a bit :P . The reason I equipped a NCU coolant sink is that I simply hate fumbling.

I just started to fear that the NCU coolant sink doesn't prevent the "You fumbled" message, but only the "The execution of your nanoprogram *Mega-Nuke* was interrupted by *The Big Beast* " -message. Can somebody tell me which one it is?
Coolant sinks do not prevent fumbles. You have a straight-up 3% chance to fumble, regardless of level or mods.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello!

Just a suggestion to both of you:
Consider using bright right arm & faded feet for nano delta (the shining cluster clashes with run Speed in right wrist).

I am going to triple imp that which gives me a "built-in HE": if you triple imp QL200 clusters you have a nano delta (depending a bit on the breed) of around 110.

The clusters are rollable, but according to Kimi's i would consider them quite rare. But keep your eyes open...

I didn't check your setup in detail, but i found out, that i am chaning my NT setup almost every 5 levels. Currently i am plugging in Miy's Nano parts (and swapping out those old QL63 Storm Carbonum) and trying to replace my secondary imps (MC is tripled) with jobe clusters (see above). The ugly looking bathrobe is mandatory (unfortunately...), as well as dual nano targeting helper and a nano formula recompiler.

I am still sticking to my QL125 NCU chips, since i have QL200 ones sitting at the bank, but NCU is getting tight atm. Thats the reason why i dont plug my QL200 Hardcode CPU Upgrade.

I just replaced my notum splice with a run speed imp and sacrifice the max nano benefit, since i am above 4k nano atm. But for toons below 100 is strongly suggest it.

As a weapon, i have twinked a Soft Pepper in for the MC buff. I dont go for additional damage, i only nuke.

Thats fairly all... as i said: my setup changes every 5 levels, but with the above mentioned, i kited borgs in PW since level 100, which works quite good (only osb is GSF) as long as the kite is reasonable small. 5 Borgs are managable, i did 14 once (gave me 1.4M xp in one kite).
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:03 am

Your setup depends a lot on your resources and how you play - just have a look at Brightsparks in my siggy. I haven't changed her setup in nearly a year now, but she is for the most part a kiting toon. Thats probably a dirty word, but thats how i play her.

I've gone with +AAD clusters instead of nano delta, because i tend to get hit a bit. At the moment she is working on her last 400 tokens for her improved 1k board, and then she will upgrade her deck slots for more ncu. I will probly upgrade her armour soon too, as ive had the ql200 notum saturated metaplast on since around 120ish.

I started with borgs solo around 78 and gave up a few days later at 110. Now i only really kite her when i feel in the mood for mass destruction of mechdogs. :)
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:56 am

EDTA wrote: I also wonder why you have nanoprogramming in your right-hand instead of treatment...?
First thanks for your comments, as for the nanoprogramming, I could save the ips if imped treatment instead but past TL5 I had more IPs then I could ever use :) so maxed treatment to be able to build better implants selfed (I think used to have about 1.1k~np).
B&E also maxed and imped allowed to level implants as high as possible (for alts ofc not myself ...), opennning chests in mission was an extra perk...
I couldnt cast the highest cost reduction buff (I think the best I could was -18 ) so the Azure chest makes up for that, just abit above the cap iirc, nonetheless the Azure chest is one of the best chest items for froobs, imo a must for nano proffasions...(1.2k+ ac's and 6 intel amoungs the other mods, please post if you got something better).
I do not understand why you want to implant concealment on the ear?
EDTA wrote:Second: neutrals don't have token boards
Sorry about that :oops: (slipped while scrolling)

Randomchance, its a pritty nice setup!! (but I can see your eye implant from hereee [-X ... :wink:) seems im the only NT who used the cpu upgrade.. I must be missing something here.. btw why dont use nano range increaceer in your deck slot? and a ring of haste too if your mostly kitting ..

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:41 am

Goldberg wrote:I couldn't cast the highest cost reduction buff (I think the best I could was -18 ) so the Azure chest makes up for that, just a bit above the cap iirc, nonetheless the Azure chest is one of the best chest items for froobs, imo a must for nano professions...(1.2k+ ac's and 6 intel amoungs the other mods, please post if you got something better).
QL 300 miy's armor (especially the nano one, and maybe others) will probably be better in a few cases, but it is too situation dependent. And I'm too low level to predict it well :wink:. I do know it proly depends on your breed as well.
Goldberg wrote:I do not understand why you want to implant concealment on the ear?
I saw you had 170 concealment, so I thought there was something you used it for :P . Just now I tracked where it came from and most of it is a "side-effect" of your token board. I guess it was not intended :D. Some NT's use concealment in pvp: they stay hidden while casting a long-high-damage-nuke: BANG--> vaporized enemy (or at least he lost a big part of his health-bar).

About the range increaser: 25m *1.67 =41.75
(most nukes have standard range of 25m and that is increased with 67% by the nanoprogram "superior nano command"). I heard range is capped at 40m so I don't need more.
RK2

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 am

just a little addition: yes all ranges (weapons and nano) are hard-capped at 40m
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:26 pm

Goldberg wrote:Randomchance, its a pritty nice setup!! (but I can see your eye implant from hereee [-X ... :wink:) seems im the only NT who used the cpu upgrade.. I must be missing something here.. btw why dont use nano range increaceer in your deck slot? and a ring of haste too if your mostly kitting ..
Thanks!

EDTA answered the bit about the range, its a similar sort of thing with the speed - any more and the mobs wouldnt be able to keep up. When i'm leveling i switch to 7% IQ rings, thats her "as is" tokengrind setup shown.

The cost is a similar trade off. I could put in a hardcore recompiler, but instead ive chosen to keep that ncu chip and fill that with a cost buff. *shrugs* For kiting it doesnt really matter as i have more than enough pool, and if I really get stuck I can always pop a splice/stim/battle nano kit. :)
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

majdelta
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by majdelta » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:05 pm

my NT aint froob but gimme a few minutes and ill make his current setup
-Teh Slow One

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:05 pm

majdelta wrote:my NT aint froob but gimme a few minutes and ill make his current setup
Hmm, that few minutes is taking 8 days already :P. You're obviously "Teh Slow One" :)
RK2

majdelta
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by majdelta » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:56 pm

to tell the truth rl happened and I forgot about this thread. made a setup for an orgmate I was smashing to peices in our notum silo a while back so ill give you that but I'm not sure if my imp/symbs are right. I can improve him I'm sure and I'm thinking of replacing the IQ ring but hes still a leveling toon.

me aint I gimp

and yes, I am slow
-Teh Slow One

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 am

since i am hitting end game setup (at least for a while) i made it up at auno's here.

Whats missing is the Prototype Cyborg Token Board, the Shining Soft Pepper Pistol and a IQ Ring on the left hand.

I plan to go for a Galahad Inc T70 Priscilla around 150ish (dualed) and will replace the HEAD imp with a Primeval Skull as soon as possible
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

gandoula
Flagged
Flagged

Post by gandoula » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 am

my 138 NT atm
here is mine here
as weap i'm with a striped pillow but i plan putting pepper's as i'm in tl4 cap to help selfing Kel's neut as soon as possible.
that not well-balanced setup but it focus on MC, nano init, Run speed, max nano and NanoPool. so that a bit "kiter setup".
RK2
Zeromp: 161 trox MP
=>froob Kabjunior: 100 piercing doc
=>Kaizoku: 100 agent.
[Sloob]Kabut0: 200/10/8 Doctor [Frozen]