Subway kiting?

babaoroody
Hardened
Hardened

Post by babaoroody » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 pm

My NT alt Babaente did this for fun in the subway as soon as she was able to cast her first AOE, run down the right hallway, get the muggers chasing you, run out to the main hall and into the left hallway and pick up some muggers there, then return to the main hall. Once in the main hall run to one corner, nuke, run the opposite corner, nuke, and repeat. Just for fun as the muggers by that time gave no experience.

For experience as long as the slum runners were good experience she could collect as many as possible in the subway landing area (near the deep subway entrance) and wipe them all with several AOE nukes.

You can also do the same thing with the shades in the circular statue room, but again, by the time you can cast the AOE nuke, they give no xp to speak of.
:lol:
Baba
Back in game 2019 after long time away
Mostly playing:
Babaengy - TL4 Engy Froob
Babaemphee - TL4 MP Froob
Babacratus - TL5 nano Bureaucrat (paid account) RK2

Retired or only brought out for special occasions:
Babaoroody - TL5 atrox Enforcer Froob RK2
Babaente - TL3 nano NT Froob
Tireen - TL3 solitus Trader Froob

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 pm

erm, you even get AoE nuke on noob island which you can use nearly immediately...
Kiting in subway is kinda hard though: you more room, especially since you can't instacast. It does works but usually has high death-rate or low xp-gain.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 pm

I recommend KITING the spiders in the deep area of the dungeon...there's PLENTY of them and they die relatively quick and spawn fast! You can run around the sewer trench beside the spider room.

My brother took his NT there to level our orgmates.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Zirkonium
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zirkonium » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am

I kited subway in the past. It's not to hard. Just get a low rs and mc buff. The trick is doing this below level 10. Once past that level it really isnt worth the hassle.

You'll get a lot of attention. Somehow most people in subway are pretty new to the game and for them it's pretty cool to see kiting for the first time.

And then theres the gimp atrox who wants to save the day and messes up your kite, but you can't really blame him for trying to help.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 am

In my experience the spiders have actually a quite high nr and often countered my nukes. Having low hp, having fast respawn and being present a lot might make up for that, especially when you have mc buff.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

cocodog13
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Subway kiting?

Post by cocodog13 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:28 pm

if you have the ncu for a med/high fixer hot u wontt need to kite in the subway... at around lvl 10 you can aoe and tank the shades or workmen with blackmarket perscrption or higher. iv only ever done this as a trox so i gues other breeds may need a higher hot to get the same result. if you can get to around 50 ncu to fit hack n quack + ess of cyclops/titan you'll faceroll everything the subway can throw at you...

etocynned
Flagged
Flagged

Re:

Post by etocynned » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:34 am

Zirkonium wrote:
And then theres the gimp atrox who wants to save the day and messes up your kite, but you can't really blame him for trying to help.
As atrox enf i resemble that remark, i not smart but i smahs big, me big help 4 joo. u no get mad me smash. i no run away from bad guy, me stand and smash, joo too puny!!!
Regards,
Etocynned

Main- Likeve Lv150 Trox Enf RK1
Cantcatchme - lv 64 fixer
Grawg - lv 91 MP
Downsimba - lv 12 chair trox enf
Treenis - lv18 nt
Roflstawmp - lv 10 engy
Qwertina - lv 27 "nanorage" enf
Laundard - lv 60 totw ma
Tradewitmii - 25 trader
and Multiple alts incl. MA, Doc and Trader

...the path back to Paradise is lined with the bones of my enemies. Their screams soothe me during the long nights, when I dream of what I have lost. I laugh when I recall their writhing anguish, their groveling to please me, the hope that their suffering will be put to an end. But I feed from their anguish and the begging look in their eyes as they grovel at my feet, hoping for a cessation...
Ripped from item description of Abyssal Desecrator, but it sings in my ears.

babaoroody
Hardened
Hardened

Post by babaoroody » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 pm

As most of the previous posters have mentioned or covered, by the time you can cast your first Area of Effect nuke, the most kite-able mobs (shadows) in the Subway will be mostly gray for you. For my first and only NT, Babaente, kiting did not really get to be fun and worth it until level 37 at South West Mine in Lush Fields where she got a level from a single kite for the first time. This was as a self buffed FROOB, no Gridspace Freedom etc.

Kiting depends on run speed, nano casting time, and the level of your AOE nukes. Fortunately there are quite a few buffs for these, and they make a world of difference in the level of mobs you can kite. The higher the mobs, the more experience, and usually faster leveling. It can be confusing to read about others kiting experiences as they do not always indicate what buffs they were using at the time.

Good luck with your kiting, and remember to keep an eye out for items that buff run speed, or nano init. 8)
Baba
Back in game 2019 after long time away
Mostly playing:
Babaengy - TL4 Engy Froob
Babaemphee - TL4 MP Froob
Babacratus - TL5 nano Bureaucrat (paid account) RK2

Retired or only brought out for special occasions:
Babaoroody - TL5 atrox Enforcer Froob RK2
Babaente - TL3 nano NT Froob
Tireen - TL3 solitus Trader Froob

malic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by malic » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 am

My failed experiment atrox NT, Error No, didn't really used AOE in subway, too crowded and at these levels he was mostly "stand-the-ground" and "nuke-the-hell-outta" the mobs.
As long as healing was flowing in, he was able to stand pretty good crowds.
He mostly cleaned grounds in War Academy, dynas in Wailing Wastes and Pleasant Meadow mutants then he started to kite.

He is near to reach tl5 now and does very well, I'm surprised.. I'm just starving for kiting places around RK, so die a lot trying to find new places as PW 'borgs are H24 camped and others places are mostly subpar or uninterresting at level 148.

As advice, I focused on speed, nanopool, nanocost and the best aoe-nuke I could cast. The motto was "kill a lot and fast".
Oh... and a lot of NCUs... any extra help and particulary MP's one is good to have.

Enjoy experiments, this is the best aspect of this game.
Malic
RK2
Resetbybeer, Soldier, Manamour, Meta-Physicist, Error No, Nano-Technician

ShadowInTheNight
Hardened
Hardened

Post by ShadowInTheNight » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:30 am

babaoroody wrote:As most of the previous posters have mentioned or covered, by the time you can cast your first Area of Effect nuke, the most kite-able mobs (shadows) in the Subway will be mostly gray for you.
Weird, I was casting first AoE before I had even made it out of noob island...