NT weapons?

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Re: NT weapons?

Post by Riny » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Starting out as a low level (40s) froob NM NT. i was lucky enough to get Low QL INT pistol and a soft pepper. So i have these on for buffing. Does it make sense to load up bullets and shoot them during pve fights? If so, how does the timing work with me casting nukes and the guns firing? I'd rather focus on casting nukes, but if the shots come free with no hassle, why not!
I have attempted to answer this myself by visually watching, but i really cant tell whats going on. TIA.
Riny

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Unless one is kiting (though sometimes I let off some special attacks even if I am kiting), I feel there's no reason to turn down the extra damage weapons do (even the tiny bit given by soft pepper or other buff pistols).

Your nukes will take precedence over your weapons regular attacks, and your specials can be fired off while you're casting or recharging your nukes.

Shooting off weapons while kiting has the danger of suddenly turning your character towards your target which can mess up your intended kite orbit.

Riny
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Riny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 am

Llie, thank you for the explanation. Looks like im gonna buy some bullets and check on any specials my gun has. I also appreciated the kiting explanation. I had heard this before, but not why it was bad. At 40s, i have awhile before kiting, and ill prolly forget the first time.
-Riny