Candycane +dmg setup for NTs?

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Candycane +dmg setup for NTs?

Post by Briandmg » Thu May 04, 2017 5:14 am

So I've been thinking recently if +damage setups for NTs could potentially work in raids. A number of years ago, +dmg modifiers were made to affect nuke damage output. Candycane effectively amplifies +dmg by 8x because the +dmg applies to each damage type. So if I equipped Barrow Strength, instead of the measly +15 dmg to regular nukes, the candycane nuke would benefit from a +120 dmg in total.

I've made a +damage setup which emphasizes on overall +dmg on all damage types (in contrast to say, exclusively +fire damage).
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few things missing: In total, this adds up to +3200 damage per candycane nuke, which is rather sick :D

Now the thing is, candycane dishes out pretty mediocre DPS because of its long cast time and long recharge. Compared to Resonance Blast, even with this setup, candycane falls short. I need a total of about +200 more damage for candycane to outweigh RB's nuke damage. Have I missed anything significant or is this just a lost cause?
Last edited by Briandmg on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

DeSoto
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Candycane +dmg setup for NTs?

Post by DeSoto » Mon May 08, 2017 3:43 am

Hi, I just joined and my main is a level 160 froob NT, coming back after a break of 9 years.

I read about the change to +damage items regarding nukes and promptly remembered candycane. Heading to auno and guess what, I see your comment from 2012 about it :)

The only items that come to my mind that could *potentially* be added are:
Range Meter (makes not much sense cause you'd have to take out one Nano Targeting Helper)
Metallic Mantis Armor
Vision of Destruction

Considering how many IP points would have to be dumped in otherwise (semi-)useless skills (Perception, Fast Attack, Martial Arts, Strength) and how much of a hotchpotch your equipment would be it seems not very viable.
That doesn't even take into account the awesome detaunt from Resonance Blast, which makes it not much of a contest in my opinion.

The only thing I really don't like about RB is the level-lock, I feel that at level 195 a froob doesn't really have much to do anymore. Teams for non-daily IS are close to impossible to find and you pretty much have outgrown anything else (excl. the few available froob raids).

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Mon May 08, 2017 4:37 am

Vision of Destruction also adds some damage

Edit: oh, and also the Range meter :) with Bacchante's Anun Wings

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Mon May 08, 2017 8:09 am

metallic mantis armor, +8 dmg up to ql 150.

https://aoitems.com/search/name:metallic+mantis+armor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 am

I've edited my post above and added in all the suggestions. It seems I'm still about 200 points of +damage short for candycane to be comparable to RB :(

I can't add in the range meter because I need my +4% nano targeting helper there.

Also, I've figured out that I can (literally) deal over 9000 damage with a single nuke as a froob. :P If I swap the robust backpack with a 5/5 illusionist cloak and activate it, and activate my Might of the Revenant as well. I can deal about 9400 damage with a single candycane. Pretty sweet huh 8)
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Just tried Candycane with Poison Injector Bracer on and it only did 1x540 dmg (poison part) instead of 8x540 (all dmg types) so carefull here ;)

Edit: I just implanted Add Radiation Damage for Resonance Blast and Candycane became unusable :(