I just want to nuke

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

I just want to nuke

Post by Xaat » Sun May 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I just want to nuke, and just PvE
I really don’t want to put points into pistol or Melee, since FROOB’s don’t get the Cyber deck (kinda bull they can’t) I see no other option available for a froob NT
I’ve had breif times playing a NT when I had an active paid account, might had been a SLOOB one, I don’t recall what level, but I do recall I was on the verge of soloing the Hecklers at the Beach (if all I had to deal with just one I could easily solo one heckler there), butt hat character had a cyber deck.
Doesn’t seem it would had made that much of a difference when I think about it. Just missing the mod’s a NT would get from wearing it.
The nice part of the cyber deck over using a Pepper Pistol is points spent

OK . . ok enough of that rant

Is it feasible to still play a NT, and not place points for a weapon ?
Also
are there anything I can place in the Hud or Utility slots that will help .. Still searching for that info, just thought I’d toss that in here, may make it quicker for me finding my answers

Thanks

Chomiste
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I just want to nuke

Post by Chomiste » Wed May 27, 2015 3:32 am

Sorry for late reply, you probably went to piercing doc, but I still answer.

1. You made wrong question: before patch nt cyber deck was a weapon with horrible damage and slow attack. I remember how buggy was opening attack with it, so it definitely just buffing weapon( special nukes which became available with it are horrible till tl5). The same way pistols are for froob nt. Staying out of attacking and just nuking works nice, plus it doesn't turn your face on enemy side during kite.

2. Nt orientation on kite allows you to avoid ip bottlenecks during tl3. You just need to invest on ability, nano pool, body dev, runspeed, mc, first aid, and optionally to evades... - those are enough up to tl4. So I dont understand why are you so negative about investing in weapon skills... anyway you need deck recompiler - so you will need to wear in some point comp lit pistols. It doesnt hurt you... with wrangle + EP+ pistol masterity you need only minimal investments in pistol and multy range( yes... it may require serious imp twinking), and going in horrible oe wont hurt nor your ar nor damage.

3. About wearing weapon aside of buffing one...
Any froob can reach tl4 in a week. It takes around month to reach tl5 and twinking after. You may ask why to twink...
As soon you reach tl5 elite daily is not soloable... you will need either help from 200+ or reliable team( for froob it priceless treasure...). Simple daily not always soloable too. Exp from outside slaughtery(>> cyborgs) is not great either. BS daily( =3 elite daily every day) are the best. You can be meat there.... not very pleasant experience. Or you welcome to read The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide. It was written for froobs against froobs..... but you can get some ideas from there...

After new patch everybody hates nts... so be prepare to receive revenge... Damn! I would change color just to kill nt without knifing in a back!

4. The nt usually wear couple Nano Targeting Helper by obvious reason. Somewhere here in agent thread there is topic about enhanced molybdenum armor for froobs. It contains endgame setup for nt - you can get some ideas from there.

Though I didn't see endgame nt froobs at all. Pocket 200 fixers, ma, docs, enfs... I saw even RE sold half year ago before 000 weapon nerf. Even MA trox engi! But nt are really outsiders in froob world above 150lvl.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Wed May 27, 2015 8:31 am

This is not so simple a question to answer. I started AO as an NT (Solitus, since I didn't really know what I was doing then) and now I have a froob end-game NT (see current configuration here).

NT is not an easy froob profession to play. The basic problem is that no matter how much MC you have, you will never have enough. Even though I can self cast all the froobable end-game NT Nukes, the formula for whether a nuke lands is your NT's MC skill checked against the target's nano resist. Having just enough MC to cast a nuke means your nuke will miss a lot.

So every tiny bit of MC you can squeeze out is important, which is why you'll need to invest in some weapon skills to wear whatever buffing weapons you can find. Pepper Pistols are nice because they only depend on Pistol skill. Other pistols present problems because they'll require secondary skills like Full-Auto, or if you dual-wield, you'll need Multi-Ranged as well.

Is it feasible to play NT without buffing weapons? Sure, but you're not going to be much use when fighting against mobs much higher than you, so aside from kiting borgs, you're not going to be much use to any team when raiding tough bosses. Also, if you just max MC without consideration to your other nano skills, you are ignoring the rest of the NT's tool set, which include blinds, calms and roots. And since those nanos check against nano skills other than MC, just having enough skill to cast those nanos isn't enough either, because those nanos won't land well either.

Chimiste already mentioned Nano Targeting Helpers (drop a lot off borgs). Nano Targeting Helpers should boost your nuke damage by a little bit (not even sure they still work correctly since FC changed +damage buffs to affect nuke damage). I don't think Nano Targeting Helpers will make the kind of difference you're looking for. I don't think there are any Froob HUD/Utility items that radically empower Froob NT.

So why play NT at all? I discussed the role of NT's in this this old thread.

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Wed May 27, 2015 4:16 pm

thank you for replying
I reactivated my SLOOB account, so kinda in the process of rerolling characters. Even a NT. So I'm pretty much all over the board of which I be playing.

you're right . . the question I needed to ask and a lot less Vent, would be what weapon for a Froob NT.
it's been over decade last playing as a Paid NT, I don't know what I did, so I really starting over, but thought I found the cyber deck was useful, since I didn't have to spend IP for a different weapon

Also I just PvM, not a fan of this type of PvP

so what I see here, as a Froob NT, one will have to spend IP on something else, I forgot their name, but I went with the melee weapon, that are like the Pepper Pistols for buffs

again thank you for the replies, I'll look through here later at the links, still rebuilding (replacing) characters

-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=
yeah a decade later and characters from 3 servers merged into one, I have a long list of deciding if I keep or replace (mostly replacing, only one is over L100)

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Wed May 27, 2015 5:12 pm

so what I see here, as a Froob NT, one will have to spend IP on something else, I forgot their name, but I went with the melee weapon, that are like the Pepper Pistols for buffs
You're think Pillow with Important Stripes. It's roughly equivalent to the Pepper Pistols, but for Froob NT, you have to ask yourself this question:

If I put a buff weapon in one hand, what am I going to put in the other?

You could put in the Pillow in one hand, but you're going to be raising some melee weapon skills. Once you do that, what are you going to put in your other hand? Just waste the slot? Wield a Concrete Cushion? The Pillow is a left-hand only weapon, and if you think the choices are slim for pistols, wait to you search through the froobable choices for 1HB weapons. With Pepper Pistol, at least you can put something useful in the other hand. T-70 Khans or even the Metaplast Six-Shooter or even Master Engineer Pistol for some actual weapon damage.

If you go Sloob, your problems are solved. Cyberdeck all the way. That's a no-brainer. What's more, you can dual-wield cyberdecks now.

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Thu May 28, 2015 2:37 am

Llie wrote: If you go Sloob, your problems are solved. Cyberdeck all the way. That's a no-brainer. What's more, you can dual-wield cyberdecks now.
I read that, but I was getting the impression that may not stick around, and was unintentional, but that could just be rumors

as for what I decided for the mean time for the froob I was going to use the Fazekas Crystal, and later I found one of my alts had a sealed pepper pistol in the bank,

idea was just that was as far as I was going to adding point for such till learn what would work out best . . for me, I never really planned to shoot or hit anything, at least just stick to nukes, but with melee I can slap them on the run if I was close enough, I don't remember ranged weapons working on the run.

ETA: forgot to mention I also had a Adapted Notum Crystal - Creation, for the other hand, but for some reason I could not wield both at the same time

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Thu May 28, 2015 5:18 am

I think one of them might be rollable but the other is dyna drop (don't remember which is which), but then again sealed pepper pistol containers are also mission chest loot only, but my point I think still holds. You're buying buffs with weapon skills. All the various buff items I've mentioned give roughly equivalent MC buff per weapon point spent (though the Fazekas crystal is lower if you factor in the 1HB points in addition to the melee energy -- luckily both can be offset with wrangles), but pillow with important stripes and pepper pistol give buffs to other nano skills, and my point is that if you're only maxing out MC, your NT will be good for nothing other than nuking. If all you're NT is going to do is kite, then I guess that's ok, but having played froob NT all the way to 200, I've found that just kiting is boring. Your friends sit on a hillside while you run in circles and few people want to team with you aside from leaching XP from your kiting.

FC changed the multi-melee requirements for the cyberdeck, so it appears that dual wielding is now official.

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Thu May 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Ahhh Now I see,
yeah, the NT is just for me , not planned to be a team player. For Farming, My bad for not mentioning that was the purpose. And to have the buffs for my other characters. I do have a proper NT, but he’s on the Frozen account.

I have noticed at a higher level there is a cyberdeck without a SL requirement, might be Froob friendly, I’ll need to look again, so lets just call it ”hear say & not true” for now

this was not to be a main character, but a tool for me.

I see what your saying about IP being spent, never looked into it , in that way . .a Ton or more thanks for that, I also think that was why I only spent the IP just to put on what I have now equipped, till I can really figure how to go with the Froob NT
Possibly just add to Pistol at title caps, and just stick with Pepper Pistols would be the cheapest IP spent way, for How I want to play the NT

I edited this , made it shorter, and a lot less long winded & small minor things, that took a page, so if it looks broken up and out of place is because I deleted a lot that was not needed

Chomiste
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chomiste » Sat May 30, 2015 4:20 am

Xaat wrote: I have noticed at a higher level there is a cyberdeck without a SL requirement, might be Froob friendly, I’ll need to look again, so lets just call it ”hear say & not true” for now

this was not to be a main character, but a tool for me.
It may have nor SL requirement but there are some problems(unsolvable):

1. High NT cyber deck require to be upgraded by right click - dont see how it possible for froobs,

2. The main: Though froob can get tons of VP( they are shown only when you get them in bar, not in T window), froobs can not without exploiting spent them in ofab shop - LE required.
Proof: my agent froob has over 80k of vp.
When I convert my froob engi to paid I had enough vp to buy all required 300 ofab armor.

Overall I can not disagree with you farm orientation... we always mention raid while discussing char built but froobs don't raid at all :( Even help on mantis daily(tl5-6) is problematic.

Froobs don't team much at all. The only interesting thing left here aside of farming duna bosses(not interesting at all), and team mission rolled by endgame fixers for crats, is s10 teams - froob can be warped there( no green weapons for froob for however) and help paid toons here - that the top fun of cooperation I see after all. Be carefull - warping froobs to apf is bannable thing(

I know that kind of outside of topic( hell, it's not like many people post that, so I can allow that to my self) after patch many proofs became stronger ( sold finally can cast rffe after tms down, agent can cast many nano in fp and so on) but changing low ch for docs from 10k to 100% and cooldown to 30 sec hit docs and agent fp docs for soloing. Though it makes us much better additional supporters in RK raids for paid toons.

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Mon May 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Llie wrote: With Pepper Pistol, at least you can put something useful in the other hand. T-70 Khans
How?
My nanomage NT is ~lvl190 and I am considering this option but...
Khan = 725 Full Auto

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue May 09, 2017 2:17 am

keune wrote:
Llie wrote: With Pepper Pistol, at least you can put something useful in the other hand. T-70 Khans
How?
My nanomage NT is ~lvl190 and I am considering this option but...
Khan = 725 Full Auto
Fredericksons kinetic sleeves x2, together with implants
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Tue May 09, 2017 4:25 am

Somehow my post got truncated :?
Khan - Full Auto problem (Kaehler sleeves req. 601 Sta, but maybe possible even for nanomage)
Soft Pepper Pistol - MultiRanged - how is this solved?

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Tue May 09, 2017 5:50 am

Can be achieved by temporarily twinking your MM and weapon skills.

Implant pistol, FA, and MM (and fling too maybe) as high as you can twink on.

Then there's:

BBQ Shoulder Pistols
Juggler's Treat
Buff Composite Ranged Special Expertise
Hot Swap Freedom Arms 9327 Chapman
Join a guild with a tower field and plant a Guardian Conductor of Ransacking
A couple of different gloves that are hard to get or event

Might be more. I'm sure I've missed something

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm

MultiRanged + QL200 Imps = ~750
BBQ +40=790
Jugler+10=800
Expertise+20=820
FreedomArms+20=840
Ranger Cloak+11=851
Lya's gloves+15=866

Guardian Conductor of Ransacking+34=900

Still short about 50 MultiRanged :(

Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Legendfluff » Wed May 10, 2017 6:11 am

keune wrote:MultiRanged + QL200 Imps = ~750
BBQ +40=790
Jugler+10=800
Expertise+20=820
FreedomArms+20=840
Ranger Cloak+11=851
Lya's gloves+15=866

Guardian Conductor of Ransacking+34=900

Still short about 50 MultiRanged :(
I'm assuming this is a 190 Nanomage NT.
At 190, you can do higher than ql 200 implants. Let's say ql 230s, which will add 17 more MR.
The ranger cloak won't just be 1/5, so put down the 4/5, giving us 3 more MR.
You assume we can only get on a pair of +15 MR gloves? That's only with base stats plus some buffs. You could probably twink on a ql 250 gloves, which is 6 more MR.
Freedom Arms make it a G2 instead of a Chapman, which is 10 more MR

We're now up to 936 MR.
I also realize that MR conflicts with FullAuto in bright Right-wrist, so that might run into some problems.

Now the only downside is that a 190 NM NT base MR plus ql 200 implants is 733. So we're losing 17 from your calculation, giving us 919 MR.

I'm sure if someone were to go through twinking an actual toon, I haven't got time atm, with aoskills or in-game they could probably find out the exact amounts.
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.