The post-kite re-equip

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

The post-kite re-equip

Post by sparxx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:22 am

My Nanotech is now level 120, having kited my way through the claw camp and some Sanddemons. My gear is now VERY gimp for my level.

I have on ql 129 mcrea implants and obviously these need updating. I am wearing the Totw Belt/Dark Memories, Ql 60 Carbonum (lol) and a Hood of Wicked Inspiration and Nelebs Master Robe. Still wearing Totw rings, noobie shoulderpads, Collar Casero in the neck slot.

Now Im reaching the point where I can re-equip my character for the 120-150 slog. I'll obviously need to do tokens and the pads quest, upgrade my implants and stuff. I have one of those nuke damage % scopes to equip from the PW Borgs. My question is what else can I add to the setup? I'm solitus btw.

-armor? I don't have much Miy's or anything should I just update the carb?
-I cannot afford Viral Eggs/Blackshirt/other phatz
-I am using a ql 15 pillow in the right hand, no weapons.
-I'll obviously get a 6 slot belt and a nano form recompiler when I can.

Anything you guys can think of?
Killz60 - 200 Opifex Agent
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer
Nanoracist - 36 Soli MP (tower twink)

Proud member of Fractured

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: The post-kite re-equip

Post by Llie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Really depends on what you want to do with your NT from here through the rest of the game.

See this post for what I mean.

You could keep focusing on MC, Nano Pool, Nano Init, Nano Regen, and Run Speed and kite your way all the way to end-game (though your last few levels will be a boring kite grind of PW borgs or EFP mobs).

If you had been kiting, you should have a huge supply of Miy's Nano Armor from EFP Medusae or PW Borgs. You should have been looting all the corpses for credits if not for anything else. EFP mobs in particular carry a ridiculous amount of credits for snakes, demons, medusae, and mantises. If you can manage to find some Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor, that would be better than Miy's Nano in many cases (except for maybe for gloves which gives only, but much more, MC). Blackshirt is for MP only. You might be thinking of Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones. The Hood is probably as good a head item as you'll get if you want buffs. If you want proper armor, those listed above will provide more protection but also some buffs. Halloween is right around the corner, if you have some high-level help to kill GUPH, you could get Lya's Sunglasses. You could fly around Milky way and be a vulture and start collecting parts for your Reanimated Illusionist cloak. You've already leveled out of CoH for an easy Reanimator's cloak, which is the base for the Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist. You're going to need have someone get you one or warp you into CoH. You need to think about how to get some cash, because you will need a pair of VTEs.

If you're just going to use buff weapons, you could try to blitz yourself something more end-game-ish. The end-game pillows and crystals are probably a little harder to equip than pistols, which you can probably find a Galahad Inc T70 Khan somewhere -- they're very frooby so probably can be had for cheap. A Majestic Soft Pepper Pistol is a little more rare so probably a little harder to find. But buff weapons are really a kiter's tool. There are much better end-game weapons that you could use if you choose to be one of the other kinds of NTs.

You'll need to do something about tokens, because you're going to want the 1K or HI tokenboard if you are not Neutral. I did my token grind from about level 100 to 120.

Here's my current setup for my 200 NT if want some ideas (also Solitus), and I'm geared up to be a "support" type NT primarily. I can kite well enough, but I wanted to be able to cast a wide variety of NT nanos, so I don't have anywhere near the maximum MC/Nano Init I could.

I noticed that you've posted 3 different setup questions for three different toons. You're going to be really strapped for cash if you're trying to twink/equip all three at the same time. You might want to take one toon to the point where you can use it to reliably fund your alts.

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 am

I noticed that you've posted 3 different setup questions for three different toons. You're going to be really strapped for cash if you're trying to twink/equip all three at the same time. You might want to take one toon to the point where you can use it to reliably fund your alts.
Haha, yes. My NT is the main priority but I'm looking at these other setups as well when I get bored of her.
you should have a huge supply of Miy's Nano Armor from EFP Medusae or PW Borgs
Sadly not. As I say I spent a while at the claw camp, followed by Bothackers and then the Demons. So I guess I've missed out in that respect.

I am really terrified of farming those tokens. It seems like it will take a lifetime.
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 am

sparxx wrote:
you should have a huge supply of Miy's Nano Armor from EFP Medusae or PW Borgs
Sadly not. As I say I spent a while at the claw camp, followed by Bothackers and then the Demons. So I guess I've missed out in that respect.

I am really terrified of farming those tokens. It seems like it will take a lifetime.
Every froob NT will eventually kite at PW. The XP there is much greater, with much phatter lewt. The Miy's nano armor is arguably one of the best and most easily obtained armor you can grab/wear. You could grab an intermediary set of high QL carb armor, but once you level past L125 or so, even QL 200 carb doesn't quite cut it.

As for token farming, I wouldn't be too worried now that daily missions gives out free tokens. Since you can do PvP missions thrice and the normal daily once, and each daily gives you x2 missions worth of tokens, you would easily get 1000 tokens by L150 if you leveled by doing daillies alone (which should be about 15-20 days). That's not really too long. I tend to give up kiting at L130 because at that level, getting enough xp to level once takes minimally 1 hour +

My suggestions, in decreasing order of importance:
  • Put on your 6 slot belt and recompiler
  • Get the IEF Nanoprogram/VE if you haven't already
  • If you can't use them, upgrade at least your MC implants to QL150+
  • If you want to continue kiting, grab a Ring of Haste from Medusas in Deep Artery Valley
  • Do pads quest. It's really quite easy for a NT, except for Trash King, who you'll probably need help with.
  • Get a 1/5 illusionist robe on. It'll help loads.
  • If you have Miys nano, put it on, otherwise, put on an intermediary carb.
  • Get either a better buffing weapon (Soft pepper pistols etc.), or swap to a functional damaging weapon. My suggestion is that when you get enough spare IP (L130+), get either a rifle on (Zabasta if you're into PvP, Yatamutchy if you're not) or duel wield pistols (CDRs and Parasitic Hecataleech are naise).
And of course, if you have the creds/time, buy/farm a NS MK II. It'll change your life :D
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:27 am

As for token farming, I wouldn't be too worried now that daily missions gives out free tokens. Since you can do PvP missions thrice and the normal daily once, and each daily gives you x2 missions worth of tokens, you would easily get 1000 tokens by L150 if you leveled by doing daillies alone (which should be about 15-20 days).
Okay I've just started doing dailies so I know little about them. My current daily wants me to go to the Mantis Hive which is way too difficult at my level. PvP dailies - don't you need Lost Eden for those? I'd be quite happy to level this way if it's feasible, as I'm not a huge fan of kiting.
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 am

sparxx wrote:
As for token farming, I wouldn't be too worried now that daily missions gives out free tokens. Since you can do PvP missions thrice and the normal daily once, and each daily gives you x2 missions worth of tokens, you would easily get 1000 tokens by L150 if you leveled by doing daillies alone (which should be about 15-20 days).
Okay I've just started doing dailies so I know little about them. My current daily wants me to go to the Mantis Hive which is way too difficult at my level. PvP dailies - don't you need Lost Eden for those? I'd be quite happy to level this way if it's feasible, as I'm not a huge fan of kiting.
There are 2 different daily missions that you can get from the main agency. The one from the regular agency handler is usually doable if you're creative, the other from the senior mission handler almost always requires some help. You do not need LE to get the PvP daily missions from the secret bar in Bore. You don't even really need to do any PvP for that matter.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:51 pm

You took up the Elite Daily, which is meant for mad twinks, or for teams. :P

Check out these two linkies
Normal Daily: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PvP Daily (Grab the battlestation one! It's the only one you can do thrice a day!): http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id ... 2F&pid=506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Well I've done the pads quest and upgrade my token board some. I'm kind of stuck in the process of implanting because I can't blitz/find a ql 180 head implant. Don't suppose anyone has one? :)

Also put a 6 slot belt on, now I'm looking for a nano recompiler. Once I've put 200s in most my implant slots I'll ladder down Mcrea. My question is: in what order should I implant right hand, eye and head? Head would give me the highest Mcrea but working the opposite way would give me higher treatment to put the other two in. I'm not familiar with twinking so could you advise me please?
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 am

sparxx wrote:Well I've done the pads quest and upgrade my token board some. I'm kind of stuck in the process of implanting because I can't blitz/find a ql 180 head implant. Don't suppose anyone has one? :)

Also put a 6 slot belt on, now I'm looking for a nano recompiler. Once I've put 200s in most my implant slots I'll ladder down Mcrea. My question is: in what order should I implant right hand, eye and head? Head would give me the highest Mcrea but working the opposite way would give me higher treatment to put the other two in. I'm not familiar with twinking so could you advise me please?
You don't need to blitz a clean QL 180 head implant. ANY QL 180 head implant will do, you just need to clean them (ask someone around bore to do it for you).

After laddering the treatment implants in, put in your QL 200 Rhand implant first (shouldn't be too hard). This Rhand should have a treatment implanted into its faded cluster as there's nothing else you need currently in this slot (this is not so for your endgame setup!). Following which, try to squeeze a QL 200 head implant in, and finally, put in the highest QL Eye implant.

If you decide you don't need intelligence/PM/SI in your bright cluster in your eye, then replace it with treatment. Put the Eye in first, followed by Rhand, then Head. I don't suggest this though (because I love blinding people :lol: ). Just an option if you think it's optimal to the nanos you can/cannot currently cast.

sparxx
Flagged
Flagged

Post by sparxx » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 am

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=192701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's where I'm sort of at thus far (still building the ql 200 implants)
Sparxxx - 150 Solitus NT
Shadehonest - 80 Opi MA
Beastdoc - 78 Atrox Doc
Vichugo - 78 Atrox Sold
Lopht - 39 Soli Fixer